• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
dude, nfts aside, parallel looks like ass :D

EDIT: also, too many known streamers promoting it. RDU, Feno, Thijs..
I don't think Kibler was part of them, nor Kripp.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
lmao is Khadgar's Mystery Orb intentionally casting bad spells? I've seen mirror image more in the last week than in the last several years.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
It's very random. It only avoids casting spells that would quite literally do nothing in a given situation. And unless your board is full, mirror image is going to do at least something.
Previous "cast something helpful" spells were usually pretty good about reading board state. Opponent has 6 minions, you get a blizzard, etc. Just makes me laugh when the orb frostbolts a 2/3.

Oct 25, 2017
Previous "cast something helpful" spells were usually pretty good about reading board state. Opponent has 6 minions, you get a blizzard, etc. Just makes me laugh when the orb frostbolts a 2/3.

We've never had this "helpful" text before. What you're thinking of is Zephrys which says it discovers the perfect spell. Not a helpful one.

I knew this card was overrated at reveal cause people were thinking it would be like Zephrys and it's not even close lol

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but could you imagine if it cast blizzard 5 turns in a row or some shit? It would be miserable as hell.

On the topic of BG duos.....wtf, they let you just randomly queue?! I mean I'm glad the option is there, but I certainly didn't expect it. I can't imagine it's gonna be a great experience.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
Quick question as a new player - regarding the mini sets, do you only need to buy one per expansion, or are they like packs in that you'd need to buy multiple from each? Just doing some advance gold budgeting ahead of presumably the Whizbang one coming next month-ish.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Quick question as a new player - regarding the mini sets, do you only need to buy one per expansion, or are they like packs in that you'd need to buy multiple from each? Just doing some advance gold budgeting ahead of presumably the Whizbang one coming next month-ish.

When it releases you can buy the entire mini-set with gold but the cards also get added to the pack from that expansion. So when the mini-set for Whizbang releases you can either buy it entirely with gold or you can get the cards from Whizbang/Standard packs. Unless you're super strapped for gold though I just recommend purchasing it outright.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
When it releases you can buy the entire mini-set with gold but the cards also get added to the pack from that expansion. So when the mini-set for Whizbang releases you can either buy it entirely with gold or you can get the cards from Whizbang/Standard packs. Unless you're super strapped for gold though I just recommend purchasing it outright.

Great, thanks. And would buying Whizbang's mini set, for example, be just be a one-off purchase? As in I'd get all the cards in that one set?

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Great, thanks. And would buying Whizbang's mini set, for example, be just be a one-off purchase? As in I'd get all the cards in that one set?

Yeah, when you purchase straight up with gold you get the entire mini-set, 2 copies of the commons, rares and epics, 1 copy of each legendary. If you go into the shop there's a section for mini-sets where you can kinda see how the UI looks and how it works. Just don't accidentally buy the golden set.

Oct 27, 2017
Sure glad they are doing changes on solo BG as I can't win anything at 6k+ mmr. It's very frustrating and embarrassing too.

not sure about duo BG's though. sounds like a mode I would lose all the time.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
After the mini set is out you can also get the cards from regular expansion packs. The better deal most of the time is to just buy the mini set.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
I'd like to start playing again but I haven't played pretty much since launch and I didn,t play much back then.

Would I be better off using my secondary Battle.net account to play and get the new player experience or is the Returning Player experience substantial as well?

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think new players get more free stuff overall.

As a returning player you get a free competitive deck (if you haven't logged in in 4+ months).

there's also the catch up packs that can give you up to 50 standard cards per pack* to get a decent collection quickly.

All packs of a different kind get a free legendary within the first 10 you open.

There's also the no repeats rule for all packs where you don't get any repeats of a certain rarity until you have a full collection of that rarity.

New players also get all of the above, so if you want to conserve yr battle.net account there's a lot of tools to catch up.

For a while now the game has focused more on earning $$ from cosmetics and giving away plain cards more freely.

Also, make sure to watch the masters tour 2 hrs today and tomorrow on twitch for 2 free Whizbang packs (1 today and 1 tomorrow)

*depends on yr collection, the more complete the less cards you get but it's always a good price/value deal.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finished my Season 6 battlegrounds pass with a Ysera Win, My dragons were getting out scaled by Quillboars but grabbing a Matador and giving it reborn with a quest reward turned the tide in my favour.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad because as much as I love the idea of duos, I know it's a mode I won't be playing because doing it well with another player without external coms will be near imposible.

makes me wonder what are the chances of a cooperative mode for constructed, even a commande type

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I would be a horrible team mate in duos, so I will be skipping it. Idea is fun though, but I will stick to solo.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Quite enjoying this meta. Playing a few Warrior decks and trying Spell Shaman. The latter being so bloody hard lol but super fun when it goes well.

Anyone got any advice for it?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Quite enjoying this meta. Playing a few Warrior decks and trying Spell Shaman. The latter being so bloody hard lol but super fun when it goes well.

Anyone got any advice for it?
warrior is looking to be best with the reno condition, doing brann and then playing boom to revive a ton of bots to kill the opponent.

other than that, I have a strong feeling that after today's nerf to dh, priest is gonna dominate the meta with zarimi, it's insanely good and I expect a nerf to that card eventually

astro

Oct 25, 2017
warrior is looking to be best with the reno condition, doing brann and then playing boom to revive a ton of bots to kill the opponent.

other than that, I have a strong feeling that after today's nerf to dh, priest is gonna dominate the meta with zarimi, it's insanely good and I expect a nerf to that card eventually
I'm good for Wariror thanks, I meant advice for Spell Shaman.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Logging in, I see they've made the weekly quests harder, you needing 15 wins a week now instead of 5 to complete them.

More EXP for completing them sure, but, I dunno If I like how much longer they are now.

Edit: Diamond Skins cost the same as the legendary ones, which points to me they'll probably charge more for the next legendary skin (Or make it an end of Tavern Pass reward). Hey, there's a Boulderfist Ogre skin in the game now at least?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
what were they thinking when they made quests 3 times harder to complete for a measly increase in rewards??

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeh it's really bad, used to love being able to log in and just knock them out without too much worry, now it feels like a grind.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's a huge increase in games required for a small gain in XP, definitely not a good move imo.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it went from 5 to 15. 5 is really low for a week long quest. I think it's a non-issue frankly.
probably for you and I don't think I have that much of a problem, but it's insane to ask people to play 60 minituarize cards as well as winning, not playing, 15 games in ranked.

The base was 5 for several, years, not high, not low, the base, it should be handled at that level since we have been doing it like that for a long while.
I mean ask us 15 wins when they give us 5000 or something like that, but this is effectively a 15%-20% increase in rewards for 300% the work

astro

Oct 25, 2017
First game of BG a win!

Had no idea what I was doing, and I guess everyone else didn't too haha.

H0QKhH.jpeg

Definitely not a good board, but the attack scaling with some of these units is ridiculous.

probably for you and I don't think I have that much of a problem, but it's insane to ask people to play 60 minituarize cards as well as winning, not playing, 15 games in ranked.

The base was 5 for several, years, not high, not low, the base, it should be handled at that level since we have been doing it like that for a long while.
I mean ask us 15 wins when they give us 5000 or something like that, but this is effectively a 15%-20% increase in rewards for 300% the work
Yep, this is how I feel about it. I only get the urge to play ranked every now and then, so it was nice to be able to dip in and get the weeklies done quickly and not have to worry about it. Being forced to play more games when I'm not in the mood or don't have time is going to feel pretty bad.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone see the Jeef/Rarran stream just now with the disgusting Quilboar highroll? That was so satisfying to see.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Tripling weekly quest requirements...yikes. What's even the end goal here, it's not like they sell tavern pass levels.

Also, I can almost promise they'll change it from Win to Play and expect a pat on the back for how much they listen to community feedback. Shit is so transparent.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
just realized after not following anything they made quests much longer to complete.

The "Win games of Tavern Brawl, Arena or Battlegrounds" went from 5 games to 15 games for only 500~ish more XP...sheesh. Blizzard really wanting people to cough up money for the F2P'ers which I've been for the last 2 years.

I'll still get through the easy quests. But the harder ones I'll probably just let fall if it takes too long to do.

Oct 25, 2017
This is such BS

Even weeks I play a ton, I don't think I win 15 BG matches lol, and some weeks the brawl is super annoying to play over and over

And I pay for the BG tavern pass thing every season

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Winning 15 (top 4) Battlegrounds games a week is an insane expectation. At this point I think I just need to re-roll that one, even as some who regularly plays and enjoys BGs.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Eh, it went from 5 to 15. 5 is really low for a week long quest. I think it's a non-issue frankly.
15 wins is definitely going to take some time as it excludes the regular constructed.

15 wins in either Arena, Battlegrounds or Brawl. So if the Brawl of the Week disappoints, you'll either have to get lucky in Arena spending the 150g per run, or squeeze out 15 wins in BG's which are like 15-30 minute games minimum and that will include games where you play 30 minutes get unlucky and end up 5th instead of 4th and not be considered a win. Which means you'll need to play another long 15-30min game for a chance to place 4th or better.

Oct 25, 2017
15 wins is definitely going to take some time as it excludes the regular constructed.

15 wins in either Arena, Battlegrounds or Brawl. So if the Brawl of the Week disappoints, you'll either have to get lucky in Arena, or squeeze out 15 wins in BG's which are like 15-30 minute games minimum and that will include games where you play 30 minutes get unlucky and end up 5th instead of 4th and not be considered a win and need to play another long 15-30min game for a chance to place 4th or better.

Yup, I have other games to play and if I'm not progressing well in hearthstone and fall behind then whats the point of playing

Oct 25, 2017

15 wins in either Arena, Battlegrounds or Brawl. So if the Brawl of the Week disappoints, you'll either have to get lucky in Arena, or squeeze out 15 wins in BG's which are like 15-30 minute games minimum and that will include games where you play 30 minutes get unlucky and end up 5th instead of 4th and not be considered a win and need to play another long game.

You can also use rerolls. I think they'll lower some, if not most, of the quests a bit. I just don't think the win 15 is particularly bad if you're actually playing constructed then it's just a matter of time.

I think this might just be a situation where people didn't fully appreciate how easy it was to clear weekly quests for this game. Just a side note, I definitely would not use BG timing to rate how fast it is to clear that quest, because even at 5 wins it would take exceedingly long. Weekly quests for Overwatch (just using this example since I have the game open) takes about 15-30 games to complete each of the 6, with several having zero overlap.

As I said earlier, a few particular quests could probably be toned down a little bit. But I think it's largely fine. And contrary to what Wiibomb suggested, I miss plenty of quests in this game. It does affect me. But I'm also sure if I put in the effort it wouldn't be difficult to clear them.

These changes did kind of come out of nowhere though. I wonder what they were thinking, dropping them without talking about them beforehand.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
just realized after not following anything they made quests much longer to complete.

The "Win games of Tavern Brawl, Arena or Battlegrounds" went from 5 games to 15 games for only 500~ish more XP...sheesh. Blizzard really wanting people to cough up money for the F2P'ers which I've been for the last 2 years.

I'll still get through the easy quests. But the harder ones I'll probably just let fall if it takes too long to do.
Especially funny that they tripled the requirement for this one on the same day they killed one of the avenues to completing it (Duels).

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It has nothing to do with how easy they are, it's about time investment required. I don't play much HS ranked atm, the five wins a week was enough for me. Having to go for 15 is just too much, I don't enjoy playing ranked that much. Lots of people find getting top 4 BG difficult too, so that one is going to feel especially bad.

Not to mention the fact the changes came out of nowhere and they're a x3 increase in effort with nowhere near that much in gains.

It's a bad change, straight up. The backlash is deserved.

On a brighter note, I got another 1st place in BG with mechs. The tier 3 demon that eats a minion, the one that increases attack with deathrattle, and the murloc/mech that buffs your board/hand can be quite potent together.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't like it. I mostly look for off meta decks because I don't care if I win.
With this change I have two options: go for the same old try hard decks everyone is playing or move to wild to concede 10 times in a row then get my easy wins.
Either way, I feel like I'm wasting my time. I can reroll quests, but I get less xp.
I don't like this change. The reward is not worth the effort and I haven't seen any reasoning behind the change.

HS should be a game you play because it's good for its own merits. I don't want to play because I have homework.