Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't see this video, but I did see one with I think actual officials looking at it, and yeah, up close it's very obviously manmade. No alien civilization trying to impress us is going to have visible rivets on their monolith.

Frankly, knowing that they actually took a saw to the rock to install the thing makes me pretty damn angry.

Why does it make you angry? It isn't like they put it on top of a balancing formation or something.

Like there are assholes who go out and tip over balanced formations and fuck up trees and cactuses in joshua tree. Cutting a line into some bedrock is harmless. Like I don't see how it's even harmful.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Another monolith has appeared, this time in Romania

Mod Edit: Removed Blocked Source

Last edited by a moderator:

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't an "Arthur C Clark" type monolith. This is a tall, skinny and shiny aluminum plate.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Good stuff. I figured it was man made already but now you can see the stainless steel sheets and how it was constructed.

n6BDA88.jpg
I know it's man made but why do people assume aliens wouldn't build things the same way? LOL

Do we need move beyond sheets of metal and rivets in order to space travel now?

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Another monolith has appeared, this time in Romania

Mod Edit: Removed Blocked Source

Gonna need another source on this - Daily Mail is a tabloid.

I know it's man made but why do people assume aliens wouldn't build things the same way? LOL

Do we need move beyond sheets of metal and rivets in order to space travel now?

I guess it's possible, but if they've achieved interstellar space travel, I think it's safe to assume their manufacturing capability will far exceed our own.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
So apperently the fun police who removed the monument in Utah is upset they're receiving backlash for removing said monument.

amp.usatoday.com

Meet the adventure athletes who say they removed the Utah monolith: 'If you think we’re proud, we’re not'

Andy Lewis and Sylvan Christensen have posted videos to their social media accounts showing the Utah monolith being dismantled and carried away.
I mean, they have a point. People were flocking to it and wrecking the absolute shit out of the desert in the process. That was the reason BLM didn't tell anyone where it was located in the first place.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.theguardian.com

‘It looked like a UFO’: hiker discovers mysterious silver monolith in Powys

Discovery follows spate of monoliths around the world in 2020, which conspiracy theorists speculated could have been the work of aliens
www.cbsnews.com

Mysterious 10-foot-tall monolith that "looks like some sort of a UFO" pops up on Welsh hill

Many came across the "tall and strange" object for the first time on Tuesday morning.

As mystery surrounds Catherine, the Princess of Wales, it also abounds in the country named in her royal title. A massive steel monolith nearly the height of a semi truck has popped up in Wales, according to local reports – and nobody knows where it came from.

WalesOnline reported on Tuesday that locals have come across the 10-foot-tall object on a hill in Hay-on-Wye, an area known worldwide for its books and bookshops. One local resident, Richard Haynes, told the outlet that he came across while out running on Hay Bluff, which he does regularly.

monolith.png

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
www.theguardian.com

Discovery follows spate of monoliths around the world in 2020, which conspiracy theorists speculated could have been the work of aliens
www.cbsnews.com

Mysterious 10-foot-tall monolith that "looks like some sort of a UFO" pops up on Welsh hill

Many came across the "tall and strange" object for the first time on Tuesday morning.

monolith.png
Not this again

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
www.theguardian.com

www.cbsnews.com

monolith.png

Finally a fun news story.