Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
That's pretty neat. I loved the first one (and played it way more than I did number 2), but it always seemed like a smaller, cult hit. 4 million is way more than I thought.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
That's a much better performance than I imagined.

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
Magicka was so fun. Don't cross the streams!! I wonder if it would even be possible for the series to get a helldivers-like transformation

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
When I first bought Helldivers 2 I didn't realize it was the same dev as Magicka. In hindsight it made sense because both games are 50% about accidently blowing up you and your teammates. Some of those spell combos were hilarious.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
They're talented. No one quite fills that type of chaos as they do.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Magicka was so fun. Don't cross the streams!! I wonder if it would even be possible for the series to get a helldivers-like transformation
It'll have to compete with Diablo if they want to be the next Blizzard.

Though, hopefully not having the "always online" part and everything that goes with that.

rzks21

Aug 17, 2023
"The focus today is on Helldivers 2 and getting that balance right. But the studio is feeling confident, it is a strong financial position, it has strengthened its leadership team, and is now looking ahead to what's next."

This and the opening quote about becoming like From Software makes it very likely that they're going to do their own thing for their next project. Good, they know they have a solid name now and don't really need to rely on a publisher anymore if they play their cards right.

They also had an interview with PC Gamer where they said they're winding down the pace of HD2 updates so I doubt they're planning on keeping the whole team working only on that.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
It's wild to think about them releasing HD1 on PS3 and Vita in 2015 and still having that level of success, though I assume most of the sales were ultimately on PS4 and PC.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved - glad it did better than I thought, HD1 was a fantastic Vita game.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Loved the first game and played it for years after but I'm still genuinely surprised that it sold 4m copies.

I hope they're not setting themselves up for a fall. The success of HD2 has really been lightning in a bottle for the studio and I'd hate to see them forge ahead thinking that their next title will be anywhere near as successful based purely on their current game's success.

Very much hope I'm wrong as HD2 has probably been my favourite PS5 title aside from Returnal and I reckon I've put more hours into it than 99% of games I've ever played.

southwest

Sep 15, 2022
Helldivers number is a bit of a surprise but yeah Magicka was huge for a bit when it came out