Status
Not open for further replies.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
How people are blaming anyone but Sony on this is baffling.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Steams. You can disable game sharing on steam so if a game is blocked on a steam ID you can't simply use another account.

Giving you no cross platform ban function on a cross platform game.

It's a collection of all of them not a single one which are still used to some degree.

Which are used on top of a robust cross platform account system as they are of no use otherwise.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Game runs well without any PSN requirement for three months, suddenly it's a requirement and the game gets delisted from a ton of countries.

All things that Sony didn't have to do.

But sure, people are just whining.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Until yesterday, a bunch of my friends were playing Helldivers 2 on Steam with no problems, and yes they had PSN accounts linked. Now, you can't buy it on Steam in my country anymore. And I'm guessing you won't be able to buy Ghost of Tsushima either.

Thank you principled gamers! You really showed 'em!
I suppose Sony can put out a statement that it is the consumer's fault for having the games delisted

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
Giving you no cross platform ban function on a cross platform game.

Which are used on top of a robust cross platform account system as they are of no use otherwise.
which would be useless anyway cause again, You can disable game sharing on steam but not on PS5 so you could just have infinite throwaway accounts on console which can be prevented on steam.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Brilliant move, Sony.
How people are blaming anyone but Sony on this is baffling.
They own a gaming machine with Sonys logo on it on which they spend hundreds of dollars for games and subs, so they can't possibly criticise them anymore, lest they find an entirely different corporation to self-identify with.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Brilliant move, Sony.

They own a gaming machine with Sonys logo on it on which they spend hundreds of dollars for games and subs, so they can't possibly criticise them anymore, lest they find an entirely different corporation to self-identify with.
I mean I own Apple products but I still hate 90 percent of the company's decisions

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
I assume Sony is a company run by executives who made the decisions that lead to the delisting. Trying to put that on anyone else is weird.

PotatoFarmer

Jan 21, 2023
This is why you don't trust Corporations because no matter what, they are soulless snakes that will turn around and bite your ass when you least expect it.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
Sony fucked big time, it's just incredible how it destroyed the good reputation of the game.

I don't play on PC but I completely understand the initial dissatisfaction, even if it was exaggerated here and there but now, many countries don't have access to the game, which is a big shame.

Forcing something like this several months after the release of a game and then causing such a fiasco...

Sony has been making some really shitty moves for a while now, I hope it'll change soon.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Man I didnt play it much but it seem like a simple fun plug and play game and the corporations had to fuck with it.

Oct 25, 2017
One of the biggest feel good games of the year, a masterclass in PR turned into this because Sony wanted that data.
And all they had to do is make it optional but give everybody logging in with a PSN account like 600 war bonds.
I feel really bad for Arrowhead

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
One of the biggest feel good games of the year, a masterclass in PR turned into this because Sony wanted that data.
And all they had to do is make it optional but give everybody logging in with a PSN account like 600 war bonds.
I feel really bad for Arrowhead

Give them credits + a unique, stylish skin and people would've signed up asap.
Marketing is hard. :""")

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Generational fumble???

Even if they backpedal, I think they've already lost all the goodwill they gained during the launch and in these past months.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Why haven't you already brought it then? I am a little confused, like if you care so much shouldn't you already have the game? Or do you mean that you want to buy it again?

Wtf is that? I am still finishing FFVII Rebirth and was going to get it after I'm done for my PC. And why the fuck am I explaining my buying decisions to you?

Ironically, I can still buy it on PSN.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
It's great that you're right. I hope you don't continue to be right some more and I lose access to even more games.
I still don't understand where you're getting the notion that consumers made this decision for Sony lol. We need to hold corporations accountable regardless of how much we may love them or their brand

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
There are literally games that do this for this exact reason.

1.png

This is the flag they can use to do this and most of the time you can view it in steamdb.
Above example is for Hunt: Showdown which does it.

Zemoco

Jan 12, 2021
Until yesterday, a bunch of my friends were playing Helldivers 2 on Steam with no problems, and yes they had PSN accounts linked. Now, you can't buy it on Steam in my country anymore. And I'm guessing you won't be able to buy Ghost of Tsushima either.

Thank you principled gamers! You really showed 'em!

Even if you think the people complaining are whiners, why would this be their fault. You literally have to violate the TOS just to play the game if your country cannot make a PSN account.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
There are literally games that do this for this exact reason.

1.png

This is the flag they can use to do this and most of the time you can view it in steamdb.
Above example is for Hunt: Showdown which does it.

No, as in you cannot create infinite PSN accounts linked by family sharing to avoid bans.

Of course you can't.

Lorian1986

Oct 29, 2017
Requiring PSN is the foot in the door for the multiplayer requirement of PS+ for when sony fully supports pc in the near/distant future.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I still don't understand where you're getting the notion that consumers made this decision for Sony lol. We need to hold corporations accountable regardless of how much we may love them or their brand

Ok, they are accountable and I can't buy the game anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Give them credits + a unique, stylish skin and people would've signed up asap.
Marketing is hard. :""")
It's like RIGHT THERE

You put out a cute statement like "Every citizen proving their loyalty to Democracy by logging in with their Superearth ONlYfans account (name still pending PR approval) will receive additional provisions this month" and bäm. Everybody would be happy "wow, how generous, how nice"

And now it's this.
Just insane. Really a great start to Sony's GAAS era.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
If you have the game on disc or on your secondary account set as home (primary) on your console, You can play the game on any account logged into your console.

Not online you can't, which is why you keep bringing up irrelevancies or APIs you don't understand in a discussion about abuse and cheating detection in an online game.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
A question: does the PSN linking support cross-progression, at least?
Otherwise is totally useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.