• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if the leaks are accurate the airburst is good against flying but also grounded targets.

The anti-tank mines seem strong but they still blow up Helldivers, there's no weight check.
I think the name airburst is a misnomer. It just means the rockets blow up mid-air, not that it's only good for anti air purposes and nothing else

Praglik

Nov 3, 2017
SH
I'm really confused: my squad of 4 (pickups) were about to finish a Suicide Mission with almost every samples, all four of us waiting for the ship to land.
Ship lands, I enter it. Another guy joins. The two others dudes wait around, shooting bugs, right in front of the ramp. And they wait. And wait. Ship departs.

They start screaming at me that "I" made them lost all samples. Wtf? Feels bad, man.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone, I am looking for a game to buy to play this weekend, is this a good option or this ship has sailed for new people with a casual interested in playing?
I think it's great fun and good for casual runs. I run like one op a day on the weekdays.

Also if you do plan to get the game down the line, it's best to get it earlier. The MO's give free medals to everyone and that's if everyone accomplishes that.

A few MOs and you'll likely hit cap of medals real quick so logging in early and claiming them every week or so to unlock the first free warbond won't be too bad especially.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
Both Choohe and Penta are locked on the map selection screen. Is there something I need to do before I'm able to play these missions?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Both Choohe and Penta are locked on the map selection screen. Is there something I need to do before I'm able to play these missions?
the community needs to liberate the planets that have supply lines to those planets to unlock them for attack
at the current rate it will be about 9 hours till we take Lesath, which then opens the path to Penta

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really confused: my squad of 4 (pickups) were about to finish a Suicide Mission with almost every samples, all four of us waiting for the ship to land.
Ship lands, I enter it. Another guy joins. The two others dudes wait around, shooting bugs, right in front of the ramp. And they wait. And wait. Ship departs.

They start screaming at me that "I" made them lost all samples. Wtf? Feels bad, man.
Ya! I was talking about this the other day. Makes no sense, I see it all the time. People just don't get in the dropship.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realise they patched out the super credit farming, I shouldn't have wasted super credits buying everything that showed up in the superstore lol

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017

I hate these last action heroes. It's so dumb, not to mention there's always the odd joker who tosses a strike on the ship as well.
Don't hesitate to yell at them to get in, some people get tunnel vision in those moments.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Penta just got liberated and we get to try out the airburst rocket launcher on it, shame penta is probably going to be liberated before we can try the anti tank mines on choohe

Feels like it has the longest reload time in the game so far, might be more than dual clip autocannon loading but not sure, it's massive too which is cool

I know they said the leaked version was an older version but this still absolutely decimates grounded enemies, it's still pretty much a shoulder mounted cluster bomb launcher

Has basically no effect on dropships

I think an ion cannon weapon (think star wars) that was a single target emp weapon that can affect vehicles would be really cool, like a modified quasar that charges quicker but deals no damage, you could use it to disable tanks/hulks/bile titans and hitting flying enemies would be an almost guaranteed kill because they'd crash to the ground (would require hitting multiple different thrusters on dropships to balance it out)

Last edited:

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
I take it airburst has team reload cause it has a backpack?

Yeah but the animation seems to be bugged to fuck where my character was facing the wrong way but the hand bones were still connected to the hook points on the other model lol

That said I can't remember if that's just what all team reloads look like as it's a mechanic no one ever really uses

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
It's litteraly a frag RPG. I was expecting more, though it's probably amazing against bugs. I was hoping it'd lock on something then go for a top down attack, like the Spear.

I'm guessing the animation for the team reload should be different since it loads from the front.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
oof I was hoping people might make a move on menkent now so we can get to choohe and atleast try out the anti-tank mines too but there's only 3k people on menkent and I've got the feeling penta is going to be liberated way before menkent

Also I wonder how they're going to handle the introduction of new planet biomes? overwrite some of the ones already on the map, or add new planets instead? Hopefully the latter.

It would be cool if at some point, something like a death star or a warhammer style forgeworld appears in the automaton front as it's own biome and we get to blow it up after we liberate it.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Is it just me or does Quickplay put you in finished (like, 30 seconds until pelican arrives) games a lot these days?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
There are biomes already in the game files that aren't in the game yet so we'll definitely get new ones. I think some planets that are currently unaccessible and show existing biomes might change biomes once we reach them

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool if there were player-wide resource sinks, like you can access a terminal and help fund the development of new stratagems by donating resources towards them but it costs x billions of requistion and millions of sample types

And then after the playerbase helps fund the entire development of them you still have to buy them anyway because capitalism

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
18f1f44810c65-master_playlist.mov
Skill issue in action

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Is it just me or does Quickplay put you in finished (like, 30 seconds until pelican arrives) games a lot these days?

I mainly Quickplay and I'm nearly always dropped into matches that are starting. Though, there's been the odd time where I have dropped in as the Pelican is close to arriving (or actually leaving). It's rare when it happens in my experience.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
The Airburst Launcher is one of the most potent team killing weapons in the game. Might even outclass mines.

Yeah it seems it doesn't detonate on contact but on proximity to enemy units, and the aoe is massive but with real low armour piercing explosive damage, so if you fire it directly at a group of grounded enemies, there's a good chance it's exploding halfway between you and them and catching everyone in the cross fire.

Last edited:

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't see myself taking the rocket over cluster bomb + quasar. Hopefully it won't take long for them to bring anti tank mine into the game some other way.

edit: They should have made this weapon like EAT instead of using a backpack.

Last edited:

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Penta divers outnumber Chort by about 14 to 1.
Which by coincidence is the same ratio of teamkills to enemy kills that the airburst launcher achieves.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
There is currently zero missions on Penta on 5-Hard?? Gone in and out 6-7 times and nothing will load.

That's the one thing I find annoying about this game - sometimes you join a game and it says unable to join the game is over…but when you go to the map again that mission is still there? Sometimes happens 4+ times in a row. It's like they haven't set it up to automatically refresh when something goes wrong or even when you exit and enter again.

dont use the Airburst at melee xD

Lmao even at a significant distance it's suicide sometimes

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
There is currently zero missions on Penta on 5-Hard?? Gone in and out 6-7 times and nothing will load.

That's the one thing I find annoying about this game - sometimes you join a game and it says unable to join the game is over…but when you go to the map again that mission is still there? Sometimes happens 4+ times in a row. It's like they haven't set it up to automatically refresh when something goes wrong or even when you exit and enter again.
Don't bother with the white/green mission markers, they're 110% of the time out of date. Either start your own or use quickplay from the planet globe location. Quickplay does the same as selecting an SoS in addition to looking for incomplete games.

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
I think I'd rather use the cluster bombs over the new airburst launcher. The proximity detection is a bit sensitive, as shooting with even debris nearby might make it detonate prematurely.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
That's a weird way of doing things, especially if the fixes for them are so close, should have just done a filler MO until the patch

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This rocket launcher is fucking bizzare. Sometimes the explosion lags back and kills everyone lol. It seems they made it so that if even one burt catches on terrain the WHOLE explosion lags backwards.

data

Oct 25, 2017
YTQTUJN.png

current stratagems versions we are using are not the final ones
we are basically using the "leaked" versions atm
So the patch was likely supposed to go out this week and they needed more time but still decided to let us have an experimental version.

Wonder if they'll do an in-world explanation about how we were using the prototypes and then when we actually unlock it, it's the finished version

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So the patch was likely supposed to go out this week and they needed more time but still decided to let us have an experimental version.

Wonder if they'll do an in-world explanation about how we were using the prototypes and then when we actually unlock it, it's the finished version
Super Earth equipment is always perfect
the current launcher is perfect
next week it will just be MORE perfect!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
inb4 the final airburst is even wonkier

This is going to be new #1 teamkiller.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I've played 145 hours and I've yet to finish one mission without a single death in the squad. I fear it may never happen if people start bringing this thing along.