madwarrior

Feb 22, 2022
Hrm.

WkJtZMktRbG7STKtz4b7W4-1200-80.jpg.webp

Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Just in case some people haven't seen this, there's an update confirming linking a Playstation account will now be required to play the game from here out, even on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/games/553850/announcements/detail/4196868529806518742

Full text:

Attention Helldivers,

Due to technical issues at the launch of HELLDIVERS™ 2, we allowed the linking requirements for Steam accounts to a PlayStation Network account to be temporarily optional. That grace period will now expire. See details below in this post.

Account linking plays a critical role in protecting our players and upholding the values of safety and security provided on PlayStation and PlayStation Studios games. This is our main way to protect players from griefing and abuse by enabling the banning of players that engage in that type of behaviour. It also allows those players that have been banned the right to appeal.

As such, as of May 6th, all new HELLDIVERS 2 players on Steam will be required to connect their Steam account to a PlayStation Network account. Current players on Steam will start to see the mandatory login from May 30th and will be required to have linked a Steam and PlayStation Network account by June 4th. PlayStation Network accounts are free and easy to set up using this link
https://www.playstation.com/support/account/create-account-for-psn/

We understand that while this may be an inconvenience to some of you, this step will help us to continue to build a community that you are all proud to be a part of.

Many thanks for your continued support of HELLDIVERS 2!

Sony Interactive Entertainment

bezuzu

May 3, 2023
Just in case some people haven't seen this, there's an update confirming linking a Playstation account will now be required to play the game from here out, even on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/games/553850/announcements/detail/4196868529806518742

Full text:

Attention Helldivers,

Due to technical issues at the launch of HELLDIVERS™ 2, we allowed the linking requirements for Steam accounts to a PlayStation Network account to be temporarily optional. That grace period will now expire. See details below in this post.

Account linking plays a critical role in protecting our players and upholding the values of safety and security provided on PlayStation and PlayStation Studios games. This is our main way to protect players from griefing and abuse by enabling the banning of players that engage in that type of behaviour. It also allows those players that have been banned the right to appeal.

As such, as of May 6th, all new HELLDIVERS 2 players on Steam will be required to connect their Steam account to a PlayStation Network account. Current players on Steam will start to see the mandatory login from May 30th and will be required to have linked a Steam and PlayStation Network account by June 4th. PlayStation Network accounts are free and easy to set up using this link

We understand that while this may be an inconvenience to some of you, this step will help us to continue to build a community that you are all proud to be a part of.

It's always been required, afaik it's even on the store page. Many people seemed to have missed this though.

data

Oct 25, 2017

Full text:

Attention Helldivers,

I've seen it. Some people are melting down in the discord, others have privacy concerns given Sony's track record with their support and some can't even make a PSN for their region.

In other words they released a bomb this late at night and the explosion tomorrow morning will be big

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
It's always been required, afaik it's even on the store page. Many people seemed to have missed this though.

Yeah I saw some messages in the discord stating this had always been the case and was detailed on store pages, but with all the excitement around this games release you can probably forgive some people.for overlooking this.

Hopefully an amicable solution can be reached.

I've seen it. Some people are melting down in the discord, others have privacy concerns given Sony's track record with their support and some can't even make a PSN for their region.

In other words they released a bomb this late at night and the explosion tomorrow morning will be big

Yeah, looks like it's going to be a bit ugly, but it does appear as though this has always been a requirement.

They could have done more to keep the community updated on this point, however. It may have been detailed on the store page, but there's been nothing else I don't think.

Even just a line in the patch notes to state implementation of this was still being worked on for the Steam version would have sufficed.

Either way, I hope there's a reasonable solution for those who either can't or won't link an account.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I totally forgot about the PSN requirement. I remember it just going away when I first booted the game and it never asked me again since then.

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024

I domt think sony or arrowhead will reverse anything, many many online games ask you for an account, microsoft gamesile minecraft ask you for crossplay, ea and ubisoft games ask you for accounts, etc.. i think even sea of thieves ask you for a MS account in playstation. All of this is a nothingburger, isnt something new that people will start doing campaings asking for some kind of reversal, this has been the reality of online games for years, even helldivers 2 had literally a warning that the game needed a psn account since day one but was TEMPORALLY disabled, of course people will be annoyed but a at the end they have to get use to it

For the regions that dont support psn accounts i suppose there will be some solution, but for the ones that can actually create an account normally, just create an account

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I got a double 100 SC in a crate last night, I wish I could calculate chances of that. Also, there is so much wonky shit at extraction right now, our Pelican literally sunk into the ground.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
I understand why people are upset but fuck I hate the review-bombing. Hurts the developer more than the publisher.

Childish tantrums.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I've never owned a Playstation so I've never had a PSN account.

EDIT: Ah, according to my password spreadsheet I do have a PSN account, not sure when I created that, LOL!

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been having some really odd bugs lately in the game, and not the kind you shoot at. Yesterday I had the most unusual one so far too. I was in a match with 3 other players, all of us dead but one guy who went idle briefly and died then left the match. Another player joined. About 30 seconds later, in an instant with no loading screen we were back on the ship with a full team, but the replacement guy was nowhere to be seen and the player who left was back.

I can't even wrap my head around how that happened

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the Steam reviewers are really retaliating against this PSN link thing. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me? 🤔

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
My elast favourite thing about this game has nothing to do with the game itself.

It's all the freakin' capital 'G' Gamers and chuds hailing it as this apparent beacon of a game "without politics", or "sticking it to the wokes".

Like... what?

They're often the same people who take Warhammer 40k at face value and just avoid the satire but it does irritate me to love a game so beloved by these kinds of people.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of question the usefulness of review bombing given how well the game has already sold. Feels like wasted energy for a plethora of reasons.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Wow, the Steam reviewers are really retaliating against this PSN link thing. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me? 🤔

Nah, for some there is no regional PSN Support so they just got locked out of a game they have been playing for the past 3 months

Sony really fucked up a good thing here

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
People in unsupported countries have been creating psn accounts using a different country for years now. chuds started the "we'll get banned!" Fearmongering, and it's catching on.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm pretty sure the game asked me to link my PSN account when I started playing near the end of February, was this disabled since March or something? Even my wife who started like a month ago needed to do that.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Nah, for some there is no regional PSN Support so they just got locked out of a game they have been playing for the past 3 months

Sony really fucked up a good thing here
no one has gotten locked out yet
nothing happens till the start of June and till then I am sure something will have been announced for people in non PSN regions

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
no one has gotten locked out yet
nothing happens till the start of June and till then I am sure something will have been announced for people in non PSN regions

They will def have some fix or solution

I kinda just woke up to all this. I feel like it's bad press for no reason, there could have 100% been better communication that this change was coming to have people more aware.

I don't ever recall being prompted to link my PSN account before all this

empo

Jan 27, 2018
I'm pretty sure the game asked me to link my PSN account when I started playing near the end of February, was this disabled since March or something? Even my wife who started like a month ago needed to do that.
I got that thing on my first start on March 8th
it didn't really indicate if it worked or not and then it never showed again

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
First time playing since they allowed you to remove mantle from sprinting.

Game changer.

Capped on medals and 1k credits ready after a handful of trivial missions to top them up - looking forward to this batch of weapons.

Last edited:

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024

this "CEO" should be carefull, arrowhead doesnt own Helldivers IP, he cant go in public and just burn arrowhead bridged with Sony, i am not seeing this as a good behavior in his part, even if he is mad or whatever, the account requirement was showed in trailers before the game launch, the account requirement is still here in steam page, and they disabled it around launch window because server issues, so "Arrowhead CEO" knew about this, and i bet he knew sony sooner rather than later would need to implement this again, so he going in public sending indirects to sony, i would say is dangerous for him and the studio, this is just my opinion on the topic, maybe i am 100% wrong, and he is just mad but he understand the situation, but going out there ventilating against the owner of their most successfull IP, isnt... a great idea

romey

Mar 2, 2020
With the recent increase in difficulty and tweaks there's still players wandering off by themselves to harvest resources. This game is slowly becoming the type of game you play with friends instead of randoms.

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
I'll be honest, my friends told me to buy this game so I didn't even look at the Steam page; just hit "add to cart."

So I can see why some might be surprised by this, but I don't think it's anything that warrants getting bent out of shape over.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
this "CEO" should be carefull, arrowhead doesnt own Helldivers IP, he cant go in public and just burn arrowhead bridged with Sony, i am not seeing this as a good behavior in his part, even if he is mad or whatever, the account requirement was showed in trailers before the game launch, the account requirement is still here in steam page, and they disabled it around launch window because server issues, so "Arrowhead CEO" knew about this, and i bet he knew sony sooner rather than later would need to implement this again, so he going in public sending indirects to sony, i would say is dangerous for him and the studio, this is just my opinion on the topic, maybe i am 100% wrong, and he is just mad but he understand the situation, but going out there ventilating against the owner of their most successfull IP, isnt... a great idea
This.

If I were CEO of anything and something controversial about my product came out in any way whatsoever I would keep my mouth completely shut. Period.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
This might be one of the most overblown gamer outrage moments ever.

Some legitimately concerning reactions from what I assume are adults.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
I agree with all of that. You sound annoyed though with "CEO" multiple times in quotes lol.

I'm actually wondering if this decision by Sony and how AH CEO feels comfortable responding in this way somehow shows if or how far apart Sony is on acquiring AH, which I thought would be the likely outcome.

I feel it's weird for a business partner to respond with this kind of passive-aggressive deflection or subliminal shot if the acquisition process was moving along quickly / smoothly. Naive and presumptuous of me for sure; I just figured there would be more of an illusion of a united front. 🤷🏾‍♂️

At the end of the day, I highly doubt either would let something so small and petty interfere with business, so probably means nothing in grand scheme of things and I'm just musing.

This.

If I were CEO of anything and something controversial about my product came out in any way whatsoever I would keep my mouth completely shut. Period.

Agreed

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I realized I haven't used the Orbital Walking Barrage before. I had some success this morning chucking it to clear a wave of oncoming enemies and clearing out bug holes. Plus being able to walk behind it to clear out any stragglers is a bonus.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Can I just gush about how relaxing it is to run some trivial missions after a bunch of suicide missions and have a chill time and walk out with some premium currency (most of the time).

I can see myself taking breaks for other things like I have the past couple of weeks but this game is never leaving my PS5.

data

Oct 25, 2017
73m7.gif

(of course I am 🤣 )

UbITJ17.png

Can I just gush about how relaxing it is to run some trivial missions after a bunch of suicide missions and have a chill time and walk out with some premium currency (most of the time).

I can see myself taking breaks for other things like I have the past couple of weeks but this game is never leaving my PS5.

I usually end after an op or two daily with an easy run for that reason