AdamKoy

Oct 28, 2017
Im disappointed we wont finish this MO. But I wonder if AH has a narative for us to get the mines even though we lost. Maybe we killed enough to get them in a limited capacity or Super Earth Scientists found some alternative to using bot parts...

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Oh we'll get the mines eventually, no doubt.

And hey, they announced they are going to revert the patrol spawning back to how it used to be, to the benefit of solo players/small groups:

We're changing patrols and spawn rate (reverting).

Helldivers!

As many of you have noticed, something has been off with patrols and spawn rate for some time now. This primarily leads to more enemies rearing their ugly heads than they're supposed to, indirectly to players feeling overrun, kiting, and subsequently less fun gameplay. This has been the case for all players, but predominantly for smaller teams and solo playing. We've been aware, but frankly, the past couple of weeks have been so hectic that we haven't been able to give this the TLC that it required. We now have, and we've concluded that it's not working as intended and we're changing it. There might be some minor tweaks, but overall we're reverting back to how patrols and spawn rate worked before the patch that changed them a few weeks ago.
We believe that this is more or less how you currently want them to be.

We also know you want us to do things and changes properly instead of rushing them, and we do as well. Therefore, implementing this will take some time. We want to give it proper testing and review it ... ah heck, simply see that it works this time. Even if this means we're faced with more bugs and bots than even the bravest of citizens would deem realistic for a while longer, we hope you're happy with us fixing the problem.

Onwards and upwards!

Achire

Oct 27, 2017
I play solo and in duos a lot so that's great news. The patrol change has been quite noticeable even when looking for samples and PoIs at low difficulties.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
76% with 6+ hours left. I'm losing hope.
I am MAD about it. Woke up hoping for the best, but we won't even squeak it at this point.

Smart move to revert back to the old patrol cadence. Now revert the Quasar cool down and Eruptor power and I'll be a happy Helldiver.
All this talk about the erupter and no one wants a shorter cooldown on the orbital railcannon. Fight for me, folks! Haha!

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Had some weird glitches this morning. When I loaded in the match, my stratagems were ordered differently than when I selected them in the lobby. I wasn't able to call in reinforcements or supplies either as those prompts just weren't even listed (and wouldn't work even when still trying). That + when in 1st person mode during aiming my diver was holding an invisible weapon. Anyone else experience this?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
NMzxyaA.png

oh damn, we have finally officially entered the "Second Galactic War"!
I didn't think this would happen till we get a new faction

if arrowhead manages to follow my expecations from what I expect to happen now, we are in for a very hot summer campaign

Last edited:

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
Had some weird glitches this morning. When I loaded in the match, my stratagems were ordered differently than when I selected them in the lobby. I wasn't able to call in reinforcements or supplies either as those prompts just weren't even listed (and wouldn't work even when still trying). That + when in 1st person mode during aiming my diver was holding an invisible weapon. Anyone else experience this?

I've had the last one a lot. Goes away somehow when reloading/switching weapons

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they would get political all of a sudden and call it a special military operation

IYKYK

How it started:
QEoNwgp.png

How it ended:
H1vGph5.png

Love the gunships, must have killed about 20 of them with the laser cannon but the randoms were just straight up avoiding the towers for some reason

Last edited:

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I am MAD about it. Woke up hoping for the best, but we won't even squeak it at this point.

All this talk about the erupter and no one wants a shorter cooldown on the orbital railcannon. Fight for me, folks! Haha!
All orbital strikes need adjusted cooldowns. Eagles strikes are far superior since you get multiple uses.

Oct 27, 2017

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what "Special Military Operation" refers to but I suspect the US army and maybe something to do with the war in Iraq?

Kalentan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what "Special Military Operation" refers to but I suspect the US army and maybe something to do with the war in Iraq?

While I believe there is multiple things it could refer to. Combined with the "72 Hours of Training", it's clearly in reference to Russia's actions in Ukraine. I think to this day, Russia doesn't claim it's a war but a "Special Military Operation".

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
NMzxyaA.png

oh damn, we have finally officially entered the "Second Galactic War"!
I didn't think this would happen till we get a new faction

if arrowhead manages to follow my expecations from what I expect to happen now, we are in for a very hot summer campaign
My main takeaway from this is the image of them clearing the battlefield of junk metal for recycling.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in love with the Anti Material Rifle vs bots. I hadn't used it before until an order last week that required it, the thing is amazing.

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
I ran a couple of Helldive missions right now with a Pummeler/Grenade Pistol/Ballistic Shield/Laser Cannon loadout and had a blast, one of the most fun loadouts I've tried so far.

Team had a bunch of "sub-optimal, non-meta" loadouts and we still managed to breeze by the ICBM and Rescue Personnel missions 🤷

Last edited:

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
just did an entire level 7 operation where the 3 other teammates used the quasar cannon. I thought it would cause a problem if they missed their shots, which they did lol, but we did just fine and it let me pick the airburst launcher for some crowd control.

Speaking of the airburst, I wish they could up the armor penetration a bit. I feel it do less work against armored bile spewers that you can get at the higher levels. Sometimes it kills a group of them in one shot, but other times they don't explode which sucks. I can see why the devs might be wary of doing that though; enough armor penetration to kill a group of armored spewers might give it enough power to demolish devastator swarms and destroy their AA emplacements, as well as possibly being the go to support weapon for destroying shrieker nests and spore towers. Might even be able to one shot the factory strider by shooting the underside.
I ran a couple of Helldive missions right now with a Pummeler/Grenade Pistol/Ballistic Shield/Laser Canon loadout and had a blast, one of the most fun loadouts I've tried so far.

Team had a bunch of "sub-optimal, non-meta" loadouts and we still managed to breeze by the ICBM and Rescue Personnel missions 🤷
yeah I had a similar build with stun grenades. It made for a versatile loadout against bots.

honestly I don't even know what the list of meta weapons are, I'm guessing the scorcher for bots and sickle for bugs.

Last edited:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Incendiary Breaker remains a beast against bugs. I'm enjoying the Plasma Punisher right now against bots, especially if you can supplement it with a solid support weapon or having allies around. The splash damage and stun can do wonders.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
I have had the invisible weapon + stuck in FPS mode before.

Yesterday I dropped out of a match right at the end, but instead of the app crashing to PS home menu, I got a black screen then I was instantly back on my own ship. I even got the Personal Order credit for kills during the mission I crashed out of. I was then able to quickly rejoin the match from the social menu and extract with seconds to spare. So maybe they've sorted out some of the hard crashes with a less critical handling flow?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Man, when it happens the fuckery with Pelican is the most annoying thing. Like when it takes off instantly once first person goes in or when it refuses to take off.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Hopped back in after a long while last night and ran a suicide campaign against the bugs with some randos. They were all high level and it was extremely fun. Used less than five reinforcements in each mission. Like a well-oiled machine.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Hopped back in after a long while last night and ran a suicide campaign against the bugs with some randos. They were all high level and it was extremely fun. Used less than five reinforcements in each mission. Like a well-oiled machine.
Yeah those are the best kind of runs! I never liked to fight bots, because it always feels like we are getting our asses blasted from all directions, but found a nice group for a lvl 7 run and it went really smoothly.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of the airburst, I wish they could up the armor penetration a bit. I feel it do less work against armored bile spewers that you can get at the higher levels. Sometimes it kills a group of them in one shot, but other times they don't explode which sucks. I can see why the devs might be wary of doing that though; enough armor penetration to kill a group of armored spewers might give it enough power to demolish devastator swarms and destroy their AA emplacements, as well as possibly being the go to support weapon for destroying shrieker nests and spore towers. Might even be able to one shot the factory strider by shooting the underside.

I'm pretty sure it's done on purpose. Eagle cluster bomb/airburst are fun to use but due to increased chance and number of higher armor enemies at 8-9, I have a hard time choosing them over the Eagle Airstrike. Air strike can take out wounded titan, charger; also works on wounded hulk, tank, walker. It's so versatile I almost never go on a mission without it unless I'm just messing around in low difficulty levels.

Incendiary Breaker remains a beast against bugs. I'm enjoying the Plasma Punisher right now against bots, especially if you can supplement it with a solid support weapon or having allies around. The splash damage and stun can do wonders.

The plasma is pretty much an S tier primary weapon for bots. I don't even have to have a support weapon lv 7 or lower if I want to mess with other things instead. The only odd thing about it is that it can't destroy some heat sinks which is a bit of a head scratcher.

Last edited:

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Ummmmmmm Aesir Pass is under attack and while I knew it could happen I guess I just didn't understand how close the Bots are creeping. We let them have too much ground and now they're moving inward. One more planet deep and they'll be firmly entrenched in our personal space. Knowing the player base I think that defense order is defo gonna fail too. Especially the Major Order is on the bugs, as passive as the order is.

Although between you and I, I'd be willing to let them take ground just to add some fucky wrinkles to the campaign 😈