• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
factory striders can turn up on standard defence missions now too. just did one on helldive difficulty where we had 3 of them spewing new enemies out lol

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I got the Cutting Edge Warbond yesterday and tried Sickle properly. It's definitely the best all rounder primary weapon, the praise is warranted. I prefer more stagger type weapons but it's good.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I have all the weapons I want thankfully so now I will just be picking at the remaining unlocks in each warbond and then saving 250 a few days before the new warbonds.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I have all the weapons except for the Arc Blitzer and the Crossbow. While I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like either one of them nor use them, I'll still spend the medals on them as I want a full arsenal at my disposal. Plus sometimes I like to play an Easy or Medium mission solo and use weapons & stratagems I don't normally use just to play around. 😎

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
The new ones with the gates?
They are free wins with ems mortar, normal mortar, autocannon sentry and quasar.
no, the standard kill a certain amount of enemies on a small map. i agree the gate missions are a tad too easy, i feel like they'd be more compelling if they had more than a single lane up to the generators

Oct 27, 2017
SGB7ISa.gif

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Just got friendlied 5 times by some idiot with an incendiary breaker but the stats at the end of the game showed them with 0 accidentals and 0 friendly fire. Sigh

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Also, if you point blank a stalker with the Eruptor with its front attacking you, it will kill it, because the explosions happen on its backside. It may almost kill you, but it will certainly one hit it.

romey

Mar 2, 2020
I was today years old when I discovered that the elements can hurt the enemies as well. Just now a fire tornado just took out a Bile Titan lol

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I was today years old when I discovered that the elements can hurt the enemies as well. Just now a fire tornado just took out a Bile Titan lol
Oh yeah! It's awesome! Sometimes I flame dance and they're like a fiery rover for the tiny bugs chasing me. I know people moan about the fire tornadoes, but that stuff is useful sometimes.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
From the community manager on Reddit:

So this does explain quite a bit.
Honestly wish they would delay the next warbond and focus on bugs.
Very annoying that friend requests are still not working between cross play players, and the crashes and game breaking issues which occasionally happen and just deplete your remaining enjoyment of the game.
Nothing sucks harder than being close to completing a hard missions with a lot of loot and getting a crash.

Relatively new game, and there are 4 warbonds (including the free one), idk seems like enough for now and would appreciate them diverting 100% of their devs towards making this game stable and have basic functionalities working.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any science to Railcannon sometimes oneshotting Titan and sometimes not? It always one shots Hulks, Tanks, Towers, Chargers but Titans seem wonky.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
What is the name of these new defense missions that people keep saying is kinda like tower defense if you have sentries?

I've gone to a defend planet for the first time hoping to try one but the missions are all standard stuff the same as anywhere else

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
What is the name of these new defense missions that people keep saying is kinda like tower defense if you have sentries?

I've gone to a defend planet for the first time hoping to try one but the missions are all standard stuff the same as anywhere else
It has a shield icon and says something about "high value assets".

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Is there any science to Railcannon sometimes oneshotting Titan and sometimes not? It always one shots Hulks, Tanks, Towers, Chargers but Titans seem wonky.

From my experience, if it bonks it on the head it pops like a melon and it's sayonara, but it if gets hit in the the back or the butt it'll survive.

That's way I try to throw it in front of the Titan, never behind it, and then pray the angle is good enough.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
From my experience, if it bonks it on the head it pops like a melon and it's sayonara, but it if gets hit in the the back or the butt it'll survive.

That's way I try to throw it in front of the Titan, never behind it, and then pray the angle is good enough.
Hmm, yeah it's probably a headshot. Still, it should always aim for the head in my opinion.

Teddie28

Nov 2, 2017
What armor or specifically perks is everybody rocking lately? I mostly just picked for fashion but now that I'm moving up in difficulties I'm looking for something more useful.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The eruptor has a glitch sometimes where it will throw you forward for no apparent reason.
It's the knockback effect, for some reason it has inverse physics. My theory is that since Eruptor has such insane splash damage area, it somehow hits you from the back at close range and pushes you forward.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
What armor or specifically perks is everybody rocking lately? I mostly just picked for fashion but now that I'm moving up in difficulties I'm looking for something more useful.
Can't go wrong with more stims. I personally opt for more more grenades and the new warbond has a really good looking medium armor that has that passive.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
cool moment today

with no reinfocements left we made it to the extraction, but it was full of enemies, including 1 ATAT, I thre 2 500kg at him, another guy a laser, everyone died except me, I hid around a mountain

the ATAT came around the corner, me the last man standing, shot at his face with the grenade pistol and it died, that was awesome

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
If I was smart, I would take Light Medic armor, but I'm not, so I use Medium with Fortified passive just because I like how it looks. The 50% resistance to explosive damage I don't think ever really comes in handy (explosion probably still gonna just kill you anyway).

Js445EV.png

Last edited:

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
If I was smart, I would take Light Medic armor, but I'm not, so I use Medium with Fortified passive just because I like how it looks. The 50% resistance to explosive damage I don't think ever really comes in handy (explosion probably still gonna just kill you anyway).

Js445EV.png
Actually, it helps a ton now that rockets don't instagib you. And there's a ton of other explosions this works on.

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
Costs super creds, but I jumped on the Light Gunner when it came up in the super store.

hggut4R.png

Same mobility stats as the Trailblazer, but double the armor (at face value anyways). Traversing the map is far and away my least favorite part of this game, I'll take all the help I can get until we get vehicles.

EDIT: Also, it's purely cosmetic, but I love the Eagle's Fury asymmetric cape. I'm tired of the long capes, give me some mantles or aramis capes. Or none at all.

Last edited:

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
My favourite armours for bots are the 2 medium Fortified ones, Exterminator and Enforcer. The explosive resist really makes a difference on bots, and the recoil reduction when crouched or prone is nice too. The Enforcer is technically a medium-heavy armour where it sits between the two stats wise, so I switch depending on my loadout and the mission type, as well as just for fashion reasons sometimes lol

For bugs I like light armour. The only medium I regularly take for bugs is the Democracy Protects ones. My go-to is the Trench Paramedic, I just love how it looks and the extra stims and stim duration are clutch when surrounded. I also like the Infiltrator armour with the Scout perk, this one is actually light-medium so it's bulkier than the Trailblazer Scout but you're still plenty fast. The above mentioned Light Gunner is another really solid all-arounder on bugs, though I kinda dislike how the armour looks so I don't end up wearing it too often. Love the helmet for it though.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Had my first "network disconnected" error on extraction after a hectic Walker bot hunt, that was fun.

Anyway, I changed my mind about the plasma-lobbing shotgun, I love it now. It doesn't have poor range, you just gotta aim higher! And because it arcs, you can shoot over walls! And it knocks over walkers in one hit! It instantly clears out clustered groups of light enemies! It stunlocks heavies!

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I rarely see people using the armor that have a 50% chance to avoid a hit that would otherwise kill you. It seems like a pretty good passive to have in higher difficulties, but is it glitched or something if barely anyone is using it?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I rarely see people using the armor that have a 50% chance to avoid a hit that would otherwise kill you. It seems like a pretty good passive to have in higher difficulties, but is it glitched or something if barely anyone is using it?

I was using it for a while just because I liked the look of the armor. I'm sure it saved my ass several times but it's hard to know when it's actually doing anything.