• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I rarely see people using the armor that have a 50% chance to avoid a hit that would otherwise kill you. It seems like a pretty good passive to have in higher difficulties, but is it glitched or something if barely anyone is using it?
I used it but then switched to the extra stims armor.
They both increase survivability but I feel like extra stims is more reliable, and also saves you from fire damage due to the faster healing

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Any reason why I have never encountered a bile titan or factory strider? Been playing on 6/7, so they should show up, right?

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I rarely see people using the armor that have a 50% chance to avoid a hit that would otherwise kill you. It seems like a pretty good passive to have in higher difficulties, but is it glitched or something if barely anyone is using it?
I've been using one of them since the game launched. Love that ability. It's saved me more times than I can count. Even from absurd situations that I absolutely shouldn't survive. I'm honestly hard pressed to want to switch to any other armor because of it.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
gotta be honest, it's a bit like the shield backpack: it helps when you learn the game but as you get more experienced it's kinda just more of a crutch?
so you want to rather go with something that fits your playstyle more or helps in other ways
I personally love the -30% on crouch and prone stuff and pair it with 50% explosive resist against bots and +2 grenades against bugs

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017

I've been using that since I unlocked it but not really for the passive, it's partly for the drip, and partly because it takes the most amount of grinding to get lol

aPuOJcZ.png

Started noticed more people wearing the same combo as me, it just looks so clean

If there were more interesting armour passives that actually changed your playstyle I'd be more likely to switch it up, but as it stands they all just offer minor benefits.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Despite the wonkiness of using the spear when targeting, I love using it. Being able to snipe fabricators and turrets from a huge distance is great. Works well on gunships too

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
It's the knockback effect, for some reason it has inverse physics. My theory is that since Eruptor has such insane splash damage area, it somehow hits you from the back at close range and pushes you forward.

Plasma Punisher and Grenade Pistaol do similar thing depending on where in the blast radius you get hit. It's usually the range that your character feels it but isn't doing much damage. Eruptor is more evident because the radius is larger. I think they have a bug in their animation states.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree that the shield backpack and the Democracy Protects perk are crutches. Having everyone in your squad run shields is a bad choice because you'll run low on firepower, but having a dedicated SSSD runner and/or sample grabber with a shield is a great way to enhance consistency. The fact the shield prevents slowdowns is massive. One teammate bringing shields can be enough for everyone in the squad to have one by the end of a long mission, and they can bring other stratagems to use, like more eagles or orbitals instead of everyone bringing a shield. Democracy Protects can let you do silly things like shoot a hellbomb point blank while being swarmed and live. It's not 100% reliable but there's enough funny situations to make it worthwhile.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I am one item away from completing the base warbond. Legit cannot believe I've been rocking this game almost daily for 2 months. Just nuts for me. Have been lucky enough not to be TK-ed on purpose or griefed (helps that I have a deep lady voice, I think). Made some cool new buds and deepened some friendships with old friends. Feels odd to be a 40+ year old woman gushing over a videogame, but I really love this dang game.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that would make this better would be the reinforce available wobbling every 5 seconds.

I don't usually complain on comms because I play with randoms but yesterday me and a dude were struggling so hard to shut down a jammer and one of the two dead guys kept spamming REINFORCE constantly the entire time until I took a second to unmute and say dude, clearly you can see we are jammed, right?

Everyone has their skillset in the game I think but my secret strength is the ability to rambo up a base solo and shut down jammers. My skill is definitely not taking out hulks, I have a 0.004% kill rate against them. I did just learn that their front eyeball thing is in fact invulnerable to the Erupter and AMR so the thousands and thousands of rounds I spent trying were indeed a total waste of time. I guess I'll try that trick of shooting between their legs with the Eruptor to get some of the shrapnel to hit their backs.... it literally can't be less effective than what I do now.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone has their skillset in the game I think but my secret strength is the ability to rambo up a base solo and shut down jammers. My skill is definitely not taking out hulks, I have a 0.004% kill rate against them. I did just learn that their front eyeball thing is in fact invulnerable to the Erupter and AMR so the thousands and thousands of rounds I spent trying were indeed a total waste of time. I guess I'll try that trick of shooting between their legs with the Eruptor to get some of the shrapnel to hit their backs.... it literally can't be less effective than what I do now.
Hulk eyes are NOT immune to AMR. It's possible you were missing your shots due to the scope being misaligned.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I don't recall ever hitting a hulk front on with an AMR and getting a kill. But yeah with the misaligned scope I tend to just wave the crosshair in the eyeball area and roll the dice.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
AMR can 2 shot Hulks if you hit their face, but it bounces off if you hit any other part of their front.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, you gotta get it just right, but I've definitely downed a Hulk from the front with an AMR. If the little red X pops up you know you made contact.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Autocannon can also kill Hulks by hitting their face just right but it's a lot more dangerous because when you miss your shot reflects and explodes elsewhere, potentially on you or your teammates lol

calder

Oct 25, 2017
there is a note from command about the automatons releasing a lot more mobile bot factories and today on diff 7 I ran into one on every mission. One ate like two eagle strikes, an orbital rail cannon, and a full orbital laser.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
No matter how many times it happens, I always forget
It's truly one of the most bizarre maintenance things in tech. There are always posts everywhere on Tuesdays asking why games aren't working or why Steam is down, and there are countless other posts reminding everyone about Tuesday maintenance, like it's some shared secret. Steam has tens of millions of concurrent users now, you'd think they'd at least put out a warning notification or something before just booting their entire userbase.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I personally love the -30% on crouch and prone stuff and pair it with 50% explosive resist against bots and +2 grenades against bugs
This is exactly how I roll. Hopefully someday we can get loadouts to make it a little easier to swap between broad strategies for different factions.

Last edited:

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017

This armor is one of my mains now honestly. It absolutely works and its a free diceroll on a killing hit. 50% odds is damn good and I soon noticed the difference when I switched off. It gives you an extra chance to make your way out situations or fix a dumb mistake. Surviving the rando Turret Blast feels more forgiving. I think its actually a great armor for a new player or some looking to test things out. To maximize its use, you have to be conservative with your stim usage.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
so does the ship upgrade "Superior Packing Methodology" (full magazine refill for support weapon from resupply drop) just straight up not work? because it doesnt for me.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I don't usually complain on comms because I play with randoms but yesterday me and a dude were struggling so hard to shut down a jammer and one of the two dead guys kept spamming REINFORCE constantly the entire time until I took a second to unmute and say dude, clearly you can see we are jammed, right?

Hah! Exact same thing happened to me the other night. The person died and was literally pressing the reinforce button within two seconds even though we were next to a jammer. In the end I did the same thing and went on comms to tell them we can't reinforce because of the jammer.

But yeah, the amount of people that refuse to wait more than 0.1 seconds before they're called back into the fray is ridiculous. I can understand when it's been 10+ seconds and things have calmed down as people may not have noticed, which I'll admit has happened to me, but this spamming the button straight away when it's clear everyone's in the middle of a firefight is just infuriating., especially when they died in said firefight!

What's just as infuriating is when you get a lone ranger on the other side of the map and then when you die they call you in so you end up miles away from where you need to be and without access to all support gear.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Using the ballistic shield + SMG + Sniper rifle is kinda fun against bots, but I made the mistake of testing it out on a planet where we're down one Stratagem slot đź’€

Can anyone confirm if having the shield on your back still protects you from getting shot from behind?

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Using the ballistic shield + SMG + Sniper rifle is kinda fun against bots, but I made the mistake of testing it out on a planet where we're down one Stratagem slot đź’€

Can anyone confirm if having the shield on your back still protects you from getting shot from behind?
It does. But in 3 stratagems situations it's a bad idea to waste one on it imo.

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
Does anyone have any recommendations for free video-editing software, I've got a tonne of footage that i'd like to try and splice together into a YT video but don't really know where to start.

bezuzu

May 3, 2023
Does anyone have any recommendations for free video-editing software, I've got a tonne of footage that i'd like to try and splice together into a YT video but don't really know where to start.

Da Vinci Resolve has a free version if you want to check it out. Can be quite a bit of a learning curve though but I think the free version has everything you need

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017

If you want something that's free that doesn't require any kind of signups that can do stuff beyond just slicing the file, OpenShot is a good one and it's quick to learn if you have the most basic level of computer literacy.

I learned openshot and threw together a trailer for my game in a day so it's definitely fine for your use case I'd say