• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
If you want something that's free that doesn't require any kind of signups that can do stuff beyond just slicing the file, OpenShot is a good one and it's quick to learn if you have the most basic level of computer literacy.

I learned openshot and threw together a trailer for my game in a day so it's definitely fine for your use case I'd say
Thanks for the info, i'll give it a look. It sounds like just the thing i'm looking for.
This game just delivers so many "holy shit" moments i can't stop taking clips.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any recommendations for free video-editing software, I've got a tonne of footage that i'd like to try and splice together into a YT video but don't really know where to start.

DaVinci Resolve is what I've used for my motovlog channel for years now. I love it, very capable and its free!

I've used Openshot too, its easy and quick to use but its very limited in what it can do.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
DaVinci is definitely more powerful, but I liked how simple Openshot was as I wasn't looking to do too much.

This is coming from someone who still does all of their art and spritework in MSPaint because I prefer the simplicity by the way so YMMW depending on what kind of programs you prefer

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
DaVinci Resolve is what I've used for my motovlog channel for years now. I love it, very capable and its free!

I've used Openshot too, its easy and quick to use but its very limited in what it can do.
I've downloaded both, just quickly thrown something together on OpenShot but will give Davinci a closer look...I'm a complete novice when it comes to editing videos...
thanks again for the suggestions.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there any reason why people never join my group despite being set to public?
Me and my wife were playing a bug mission yesterday and 2 people joined us mid game. They left after the mission was over and then we decided to go on a bot planet, but nobody ever joined us for this one despite having 5x more people on this planet than the bug one. Sure could have use 2 more people for that big fortress with the eye of Sauron that kept sending dropships at us lol.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Me and my wife were playing a bug mission yesterday and 2 people joined us mid game. They left after the mission was over and then we decided to go on a bot planet, but nobody ever joined us for this one despite having 5x more people on this planet than the bug one. Sure could have use 2 more people for that big fortress with the eye of Sauron that kept sending dropships at us lol.
quite a few people have a problem where once people have joined them and leave, no one else can join anymore unless you either:
1) restart the game
or you can try
2) switching from public to private, applying, switching back to public and applying

basically you have to reset your session in a way for it to be found again
I for example don't have to do this but two of my friends do

www.youtube.com

Helldivers 2 - A view from the frontlines

Just a small selection of clips from my time diving into hell
some highlights from my time in helldivers...very basic but some fun clips nontheless

very cool!
as a tip, maybe try encoding at 60fps so that the video is smooth
at 30 it makes the game look very choppy sadly

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Did you throw down an SOS beacon?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After playing even the higher difficulties I find the mortar and EMS mortar sentries to be some of the best in the game as long as you're smart with where you place them and make sure you practice solid crowd control to both keep the enemies away from you and the sentry itself. I've had them take out entire patrols before they can even go on alert or finish off a heavy while I'm reloading or in general clean up a lot of the smaller enemies running around. Combine that with the fact it holds a ton of ammo even before upgrades and doesn't need a clear line of sight to hit enemies even far away makes it really versatile.

If you can stick one where enemies can't easily reach it will do a ton of leg work for you. Its even good to drop one while you're running away or moving through the map to cover your ass and clear out any random enemies around. The EMS is great as well though much more from the crowd control aspect. An EMS mortar with an arc thrower can be a devastating combo.

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
quite a few people have a problem where once people have joined them and leave, no one else can join anymore unless you either:
1) restart the game
or you can try
2) switching from public to private, applying, switching back to public and applying

very cool!
as a tip, maybe try encoding at 60fps so that the video is smooth
at 30 it makes the game look very choppy sadly
thanks for the input, i'll try and fix that...

AdamKoy

Oct 28, 2017
After playing even the higher difficulties I find the mortar and EMS mortar sentries to be some of the best in the game as long as you're smart with where you place them and make sure you practice solid crowd control to both keep the enemies away from you and the sentry itself. I've had them take out entire patrols before they can even go on alert or finish off a heavy while I'm reloading or in general clean up a lot of the smaller enemies running around. Combine that with the fact it holds a ton of ammo even before upgrades and doesn't need a clear line of sight to hit enemies even far away makes it really versatile.

If you can stick one where enemies can't easily reach it will do a ton of leg work for you. Its even good to drop one while you're running away or moving through the map to cover your ass and clear out any random enemies around. The EMS is great as well though much more from the crowd control aspect. An EMS mortar with an arc thrower can be a devastating combo.
My combo of choice for every dive.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Did you throw down an SOS beacon?

I'm not sure I even had the option to deploy an SOS on that bot mission... Most of the time, I don't feel like this even do anything to be honest.

1) restart the game
or you can try

Thanks, I'll try that next time.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe they're doing the 3 strategems debuff yet again, can they please cut this shit?

Limiting an aspect of the core gameplay is just stupid and bad design

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe they're doing the 3 strategems debuff yet again, can they please cut this shit?

I actually don't mind them now. Makes you really scrutinize what you bring with you. Personally I hate the extra long extraction times. A lot of missions go to shit in those extra 2 minutes.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Tried Punisher Plasma, don't like it at all. The arc is way too steep, the fall down means you have to aim really high at distance.

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Had my first failed mission today

Two guys left midway through which just left us hilariously outgunned and getting swarmed by bots. I'd get reinforced just to literally spawn next to several heavies and die again in a matter of seconds.

Not particularly enjoyable, but I guess sometimes that's just how it goes.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Yeah I just don't do those missions. The Strats are the best part of the game.

I'm hoping enough people don't do them that they can see it in the data and change it.

Crooked Eye

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I just don't do those missions. The Strats are the best part of the game.

I'm hoping enough people don't do them that they can see it in the data and change it.
I don't think many people find the modifier an issue anymore. Especially not to the extent that it will be removed from the game.

These missions actually helped me drop the shield against bots. When I get this modifier now I'll just drop the jetpack and run my usual loadout, it's almost a non factor for me.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like they've made fire damage even worse? I don't even have time to stim when a hulk hits me with the flamethrower anymore. Other people in my games have been complaining of the same thing

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like they've made fire damage even worse? I don't even have time to stim when a hulk hits me with the flamethrower anymore. Other people in my games have been complaining of the same thing
Yes, now getting flamed on by a hulk is almost instant death. If you miss your dive or stim, you're dead the next second.

The fire damage will be re-evaluated once the dot bug is fixed, though.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Last time I enter a bot mission without an air strike or laser. Just went in with an orbital rail and mortar sentry and the usual shield and quasar. Just was missing that extra power, the Factory Strider just tore us up, couldn't even get the mission done but somehow had every side objective done.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Oof. The new bug defense mission on lv9 was the first mission we couldn't crack. Tried 3 times. The Biles keep dying and crushing the doors with their corpses lol. Don't need tips yet, but something fun to solve for next time.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
Back to the game after 2 weeks.
- In one match, I was suggesting that we clear the map counter clockwise, the host said he was considering clockwise but he was open to try. Then I hit him with a `either way, we got plenty of time` *cricket*.
- In another, a dude refused my hug, insta back to my ship. Ain't no one not hug me and get away with it.
- In the last one, we survived the onslaught, I was carrying super samples, eagle 1 landed, then I got roasted by my teammate's incendiary breaker.

Oct 27, 2017
- In one match, I was suggesting that we clear the map counter clockwise, the host said he was considering clockwise but he was open to try. Then I hit him with a `either way, we got plenty of time` *cricket*.
- In another, a dude refused my hug, insta back to my ship. Ain't no one not hug me and get away with it.
- In the last one, we survived the onslaught, I was carrying super samples, eagle 1 landed, then I got roasted by my teammate's incendiary breaker.

Did you give off bad vibes?

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone getting a loooot of disconnects today/this week or presumably just me? Not really had any issues (on PC) up to this week weirdly.

Edit: turns out there was some fuckery going on with my anti-cheat processes doubling up.

Last edited:

BrunOz

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I was playing a mission and someone threw an orbital on pelican and its AI shut down and we couldn't extract. Second time this happened to me, welp.

At this point I've unlocked almost everything under every warbond, except for a few emotes and capes. Also I'm not in the mood to farm rare samples, it's just way too much for the newest ship upgrades, I've unlocked the arc thrower chain upgrade bc it's my favorite weapon in the game but the constant misfire thing made me lost the joy of playing with it.

Guess I'm gonna sit out 'till more bug fixes. I love this game but I think it's time to iron out the bugs and make more weapons viable.

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
I've had a blast today, hopping into lvl5 missions with randoms and just vibing against the automatons.
Light armour, jet pack, arc thrower, scorcher, grenade pistol and stun grenades all backed with ems mortar and airstrikes.
The mobility is insane, rushing small and medium bases with hit and run tactics, sneaking into jammers while the team creates a rukus on the outside.
3 Months in and i'm still playing non-stop

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
I was playing a mission and someone threw an orbital on pelican and its AI shut down and we couldn't extract. Second time this happened to me, welp.

At this point I've unlocked almost everything under every warbond, except for a few emotes and capes. Also I'm not in the mood to farm rare samples, it's just way too much for the newest ship upgrades, I've unlocked the arc thrower chain upgrade bc it's my favorite weapon in the game but the constant misfire thing made me lost the joy of playing with it.

Guess I'm gonna sit out 'till more bug fixes. I love this game but I think it's time to iron out the bugs and make more weapons viable.
Lol, while solo farming I had the pelican touchdown and just sink right into the ground out-of-bounds.

Got everything I mostly wanted too. Am just playing with friends to help them farm/keep the funds up until next warbond or they buff something(s) to get me interested.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
What's just as infuriating is when you get a lone ranger on the other side of the map and then when you die they call you in so you end up miles away from where you need to be and without access to all support gear.

Yep! One of the hallmarks of a real veteran is taking a moment before reinforcing - on 7 and up you often have to split up as there are too many tasks (and the fights drag out too long) so it's never a bad idea to consider who just died and who should reinforce them. I get that some people are just trying to be helpful asap so I would never say anything but it's annoying when the two guys on the other side of the map just jogging to an objective call me down instead of the guy I was fighting beside. This has definitely been something you see more often now though, I think the idea just occurs to most players after a few dozen hours of play.

I never get annoyed by waiting for a reinforce though, I actually like 30-60 seconds watching the squad and it doesn't bother me if they want to finish an encounter with a patrol instead of reinforcing instantly even if they are getting shot. Handle your fight, I can wait.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Man I absolutely hate double gunship fabricators right next to each other. Having 4 gunships active at a time was terrible. These gunships also don't despawn so you're SOL even if you hide and run.

Tried smoke, but of course that's borked so its finnicky. Used up ten squad lives, two of my lives to smoke grenade, beacon the hellbomb and finally have it destroyed.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Yep! One of the hallmarks of a real veteran is taking a moment before reinforcing - on 7 and up you often have to split up as there are too many tasks (and the fights drag out too long) so it's never a bad idea to consider who just died and who should reinforce them. I get that some people are just trying to be helpful asap so I would never say anything but it's annoying when the two guys on the other side of the map just jogging to an objective call me down instead of the guy I was fighting beside. This has definitely been something you see more often now though, I think the idea just occurs to most players after a few dozen hours of play.

I never get annoyed by waiting for a reinforce though, I actually like 30-60 seconds watching the squad and it doesn't bother me if they want to finish an encounter with a patrol instead of reinforcing instantly even if they are getting shot. Handle your fight, I can wait.

Been on the other side of this a lot this week.

Split into two pairs, as often happens, someone dies in the other pair and a full minute will pass where the other team member just doesn't reinforce. Me and my buddy have space and time but we're miles away from where they were and the dead guy's hammering on the X button.

The other guy wasn't actively in an encounter either. Just reinforce man, damn.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Tbf I've played a lot of rounds where the hug emote just doesn't work no matter how many times you press 'X'.

Oct 27, 2017
Man I absolutely hate double gunship fabricators right next to each other. Having 4 gunships active at a time was terrible. These gunships also don't despawn so you're SOL even if you hide and run.

Tried smoke, but of course that's borked so its finnicky. Used up ten squad lives, two of my lives to smoke grenade, beacon the hellbomb and finally have it destroyed.

Gunship fabricator next to the Jammer is also not a fun time.