• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
It would be cool if they said something like "Great job completing the order ahead of schedule divers, we will award an extra medal for every extra billion bugs squashed before the deadline."

Or something. People would go HAM on killing bugs.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
Do any of you big swingin' Helldicks have any advice for collecting super samples? I've just started dabbling in Suicide Missions and, after about seven of them so far, have only escaped with three super samples. What am I doing wrong?

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
Are you having trouble finding them or getting out alive with them?

Surprisingly, it's been finding them. Granted, each game I've played so far, I'm jumping in with randos who don't seem to want to explore too much after the objective is complete. Are they scattered in the ashes of Automaton bases just like Rare samples? Or do you have to explore a little deeper around the terrain?

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly, it's been finding them. Granted, each game I've played so far, I'm jumping in with randos who don't seem to want to explore too much after the objective is complete. Are they scattered in the ashes of Automaton bases just like Rare samples? Or do you have to explore a little deeper around the terrain?

There's a rock that's quite thin and tall, slightly bulbous at the top and has veins of Mercury running through it, they always spawn at this rock and there's always one on a map with there sometimes also being a fake one that looks the same but doesn't have the samples

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
There's a rock that's quite thin and tall, slightly bulbous at the top and has veins of Mercury running through it, they always spawn at this rock and there's always one on a map with there sometimes also being a fake one that looks the same but doesn't have the samples

giphy.gif

I will find this phallic treasure trove, and PILLAGE IT!

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
I feel if you're fairly new to the game then you shouldn't play any difficulty no higher than Medium. Nothing irks me more than a bunch of newbs joining my games and stinking up the joint.

Yeah me and my buddy did a Challenging (rank 4) match and while we did ok, we both realized pretty quickly that we didn't really have the stratagems and gear that our fellow players did lol

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Getting kicked sucks.

I know I'm not amazing at this game and I'm not a super high level, but I still contribute and we still get the objectives and the mission done.

Surely level 12 isn't seen as too low for hard? I've I locked extreme but I'm specifically staying out of it for the time being as I feel like people wouldn't want me there.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Username checks out.

Also worth remembering that if you ever have the super samples in tow and you're near extraction, hold down on the d-pad to drop the samples there so you can pick them up later. Better than losing them halfway across the map and burning through reinforcements to get back to them.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Getting kicked sucks.

I know I'm not amazing at this game and I'm not a super high level, but I still contribute and we still get the objectives and the mission done.

Surely level 12 isn't seen as too low for hard? I've I locked extreme but I'm specifically staying out of it for the time being as I feel like people wouldn't want me there.
Host your games. It's much easier that way, if someone gets upset or bullshit they will leave - someone else will join.

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
giphy.gif

They kinda look like drumettes sticking out of the ground. Just google "helldivers drumstick" for examples.

Depending on the terrain/climate/time etc, I can sometimes ID and pin them if there's not much else on the map. But for the most part, we're usually just scouring the horizon. If you have a radar sub-objective, the drunstick will show up as a place of interest after you complete it.

2b4pXrm.png

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Getting kicked sucks.

Worst part of the game, only solution is to just host your own games. I've had hosts abandon mission with squad 40 minutes in. The game enables an incredible amount of asshole behavior from lobby hosts.

The only upside I can think of to joining other people's games is that sometimes you join a mission that's near the end and get the rewards for free, but that's not worth the griefing.

Last edited:

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Has there been any word on if the mech rocket aiming is intentional or a bug to be fixed? I know it was a change to mitigate rocketing yourself, but at this point, I'd take an uncommon occurrence I can play around vs trying to feel for some invisible sweet spot for my rockets to just work again.

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
Username checks out.

Also worth remembering that if you ever have the super samples in tow and you're near extraction, hold down on the d-pad to drop the samples there so you can pick them up later. Better than losing them halfway across the map and burning through reinforcements to get back to them.
Goddamn how did I not know this already?! Will help immensely, thank you!

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I never kick low level people. I just add the additional reinforcements booster when I see we have low level squad members and then try to walk them through stuff. If we have time after doing the primary objective and more than 10 lives I ask them what they want to do: ready to go or sample hunting, my peeps.

Feel like there are some upper level folks who can be straight up assholes for no reason. We all had to learn somehow.

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
Gonna miss the scout's speed and stamina, but y'all got me to try the Democracy Protects armor and now I'm a believer.

Fucked up initial landing and dropped onto one of those Grand Canyon-level cliffs near the map's boundary. Had no choice but to take a leap of faith & survived with a sliver of life. Saved face from being a -1 to the team from the get-go.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
This order is some Dr Evil shit.

[Joel] It's time we teach those players a lesson. We're going to hold their weekly medals to ransom unless they kill... [dramatic pause] ...2 billion bugs!
[Arrowhead intern] Erm... Mr. Joel, Sir? Don't you think we should maybe ask for more? The players routinely kill a billion bugs every day before the Americans have even got out of bed.

I'd love an order that's just kill as many as you can. 10 medals per billion. Watch the playerbase go nuts.

I also did my first base defence mission, on suicide difficulty. I don't know what bots are like but bugs were ridiculously easy.
I'd say we did it with no deaths but someone managed to kill themselves 1 second into the mission, presumably by landing on something explosive.

We never retreated, and only lost 2 gates to bile titans (but re-took the ground). By the end I had about 8 EATs sitting around me with nothing to shoot them at.

Eruptor+Arc is a great combination for bugs. The Eruptor is perfect for stopping/popping spewers (1 shot for yellows, 2 for greens).
You need EATs or teammates for titans or charger spam but everyone and their dog seems to be packing a quasar cannon these days, so I can usually let them deal with heavies.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
apparently it is going up so fast because it counts the total kills in a squad for each squadmember
so if each member killed 250 kills for a total of 1000, then it adds 4000 to the overall kill number

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
Username checks out.

90% of the time someone else just picks them up though only to drop them on the other side of the map:(

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of switching to PC and starting over again. Grind shouldnt be too bad since Im level 32 or something on PS5. Wish they could give us news on cross platform progress. If I do swap to PC and cross progress happens, would it carry over whatever medals and progress from PS5 thats left over?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Wonder what they going to do about the force quit SC farming method.
You mean the one where people find a mission, remember the Super Credits location, pick them up, then close the game so they can replay the exact same mission with the Super Credits in the same exact place? One solution would be making sure the mission wouldn't be the same, the other would be making sure Super Credits locations aren't determined by the game until the mission is actually started.
Shame to see people do this kinda stuff though. Like, I get it, it's the currency which costs real cash and people want enough for the Warbonds and possibly future shop items, but this is the kinda shit which can cause Arrowhead to turn down SC spawns and push other developers away from having similar systems.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Facing down a Charger and scoring a Quasar cannon headshot is one of the most satisfying things I've experienced in this game so far.

Also, was playing a few games with a couple American guys three days ago, one level 43, the other Level 2, the former showing his buddy the ropes.

The low level guy joined my game today at Level 19. God damn.