• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Big convert of the EAT in recent days - fun to drop them so frequently and pop them off.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Facing down a Charger and scoring a Quasar cannon headshot is one of the most satisfying things I've experienced in this game so far.
Ya, the timing on it works so well. If you do a quick juke or dive, the charge time on the Quasar is like exactly how long it takes the Charger to turn around and put its head down to charge again. It's so satisfying.

Or when they're coming straight at you and you hold your ground and do a backwards dive to get the headshot off at the last second before it rams you. So good.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
EgTgm2F.png

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
So far 1 crash and 1 stuck on the loading screen after extraction today... This game is still so unstable

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
People just attacking every patrol, or sticking around to fight wave after wave of enemies instead of doing objectives are actively trying to get us all killed, I swear.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Is the game totally down at the moment? Just had it close on me 3 times in a row while on my ship, can't even get to the galaxy map

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Wait, we're less than 10% from capturing Martale on the Automaton front. Do we know what happens to Charon Prime if we do that? I don't think we've ever successfully cut off an enemy advance like that. I assume the defend mission will continue anyway, but it would be kinda cool if capturing Martale means we also instantly complete Charon Prime.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wait, we're less than 10% from capturing Martale on the Automaton front. Do we know what happens to Charon Prime if we do that? I don't think we've ever successfully cut off an enemy advance like that. I assume the defend mission will continue anyway, but it would be kinda cool if capturing Martale means we also instantly complete Charon Prime.
people speculate that if we cut off martale we get a succesful planet defense

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Curious to see how coordinated the community can be while defending both fronts. Sounds like we're expecting to lose some territory with this MO.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Iirc the problem is arrow head only has 1 dev team and they can only work on either bug fixes or new warbond.
I know, they cant do both and it shows, but they have to do both. I guess things will get better when they have more manpower
Except...the ceo has stated their not hiring more people. >__>
WJGVpxT.png

this is what he had to say 2 days ago

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
I just want them to fix the issues. Ive had so many weird collision bugs with things just falling out of bounds I'm almost convinced it's just me

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Yeah we always fail these defense MOs when there are multiple going on. The community ends up too spread out. Guessing we might defend 5 planets by the time it's done.

data

Oct 25, 2017

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
"Co-Ordination is critical"

*Game has no actual methods of co-ordination and expects everyone to be clued in to what's going on in a reddit/discord cesspit*

I know they expected the community to be way smaller than it is but there really should be something in-game, maybe a way to vote in game, that gets refreshed each day and whatever is currently winning the vote gives bonus XP on missions or something.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I believe the last time they tried this on a bug planet, it did not work.

Also they really really gotta stop doing these in discord. Not everyone is on it.

Do something in game, an animation or something, like when the automatons proceeded with the Reclaimation plan
they have been putting all of these into the game as dispatches, this specific one is less of an "in universe" thing and more of a "let's give the community a tip" one

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
MTlWZA0.png

Spitz has been giving a LOT of info about the galactic war and things directly from Joel today, very interesting stuff

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Just started playing, level 4 atm but I'm getting my ass kicked by this game, thank god for some of the level 30+ that have been joining my missions!

BTW what should I do with medals? Should I focus on anything in particular?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Just started playing, level 4 atm but I'm getting my ass kicked by this game, thank god for some of the level 30+ that have been joining my missions!

You'll get them at a pretty regular pace thanks to the major orders so just aim for what looks interesting. Plenty of viable weapons in the free warbond.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017

I recommend focusing on the Helldivers Mobilize Warbond at first, that's the free one. Items in it are a lot cheaper for the first few pages so you'll get more stuff faster, and the items are just as good as the ones in the paid Warbonds and considered "meta". The Redeemer auto-pistol, Punisher shotgun, Defender SMG, and Liberator Penetrator assault rifle are all great guns in that Warbond. The Infiltrator Scout armour is a great armour that you get access to early in there as well.

Last edited:

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I know, they cant do both and it shows, but they have to do both. I guess things will get better when they have more manpower

Except...the ceo has stated their not hiring more people. >__>
Speedy software fixes are not something that can be resolved by throwing people at a problem. My understanding is that it takes months and even up to a year before new trainees are contributing as much to the work output as the experienced employees. Plus Arrowhead made Helldivers on a discontinued game engine, so new hires are likely coming in with almost zero knowledge of how to work with it

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
I recommend focusing on the Helldivers Mobilize Warbond at first, that's the free one. Items in it are a lot cheaper for the first few pages so you'll get more stuff faster, and the items are just as good as the ones in the paid Warbonds and considered "meta". The Redeemer auto-pistol, Punisher shotgun, Defender SMG, and Liberator Penetrator assault rifle are all great guns in that Warbond. The Infiltrator Scout armour is a great armour that you get access to early in there as well.
I love the Punisher. It's not the best at killing stuff, but its stopping power has saved me and my teammates so many times. Spewer about to one-shot me? Nope, stunlock its head until I can make some distance..

Last edited:

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Is there an easy way to get samples faster? Even scanvenging a ton I only get like 3-5 per match

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Helldive difficulty bot mission, 7/8 done, game decides to drop a factory strider right in front of the generators. Why?

JediMasterMatt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Love getting wombo combo by 37 missiles into a rock over and over again.

Use the rock for cover in the future.

Bots = cover shooter
Bugs = don't stop moving and run and gun

Helldive difficulty bot mission, 7/8 done, game decides to drop a factory strider right in front of the generators. Why?

That's Helldive for you. Since the last update, factory striders spawn at increased rates and get placed frequently in drops. Other than falling back into cover and then cleaning things up, there is not much you can do.

The combat system in this game has some basic rules. If you aggro the bots or get a bug breach (in game caused by the pheramones), your best bet is to stay in the current area and wipe the drop/breach instead of running into a new "zone" of combat and then spreading the aggro.

With bugs, as long as you didn't cause the breach and get the pheramones on you, then you can run and get out of combat again (especially with the stealth suit). With the bots, you really are best suited by cleaning up after every encounter; but, if your group is coordinated enough to not spread into more combat - you can run, just not as easily.

It's amusing to go into random groups against the bots and see them throw and airstrike on a base and leave a couple bots up and then see either them continually shooting at you from miles away or calling in drops. Another thing that most don't understand when approaching combat is to start combat on a heavy instead of one of the handful of bots/bugs that can acutally call for reinforcements. The small guys for the most part should be the first things you focus fire on.