• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they haven't and it's just the selection of planets we have now are worse. It's so much harder to find big clumps of green samples.

Are you trying to do the method where one person look for the samples and the rest do the objective? Instead, we simply all split up to search and let the objective fail. The game would pick a random person to spawn bugs/bots on so they will have harder time but it's much easier to find all the samples. If you have time left after collecting all the samples, drop them at evac zone but hang outside so the pickup area stays mostly clear. We usually don't have problem finding all the samples with 3 or 4 people in the group; maybe half of the samples if soloing or duoing depending on the luck. Sometimes we had so much time left we cleared the objective afterwards.

Last edited:

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Yesterday I had an epic game in Impossible difficulty, all my teammates had died after completing the objective, but the timer had run out so I had to solo extract while the extraction point was on the complete opposite side of the map, like hundreds of enemies following me and somehow I still did it.
Today...Not that great of a day finding lobbies, either get kicked out or I get lobbies where players aimlessly run around and ignore both objectives and loot like the Vaults that need 2 people to open

Oct 27, 2017
Have to say since the last patch my disconnection rate has gone up like ten-fold. I feel like its karma for having no disconnections or crashes earlier on when everyone else was getting them.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
q8Uqh1f.png

interesting tidbit from the CM

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
I love this game so much, it's become my comfort food. Have only been playing for a few weeks, just dinged 30 last night. I love everything about it. Even the worst runs are fun and it's the first game my 12-year old son and I have played together. Will always be special to me.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I love this game so much, it's become my comfort food. Have only been playing for a few weeks, just dinged 30 last night. I love everything about it. Even the worst runs are fun and it's the first game my 12-year old son and I have played together. Will always be special to me.
and the real Galactic War hasn't even begun yet!
i bet you and your son will have special memories whenever new stuff is introduced into the game and you try it out together :)

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Not played in over a week but have zero sense of fomo.

It is refreshing as hell(divers).

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
If you need green samples Illegal Broadcast on Trivial is your friend. Five minutes tops for 10+ samples (alongside any Super Credits you find).

This is the way (or easy but idk if you can get more samples/POI's?)

Add me to the (small?) list of ppl that like the crossbow....faster rate-of-fire than the eruptor with similar damage/splash. It should be able to close bug holes though...

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I think AH has a bot problem at their hands.

Was doing a set on bugs Helldive with randoms and we were using mics. All of them said they don't even touch bot planets anymore because of defend evacuation and devastators sniping you across the map. They just don't - period. I assume this is a lot of players, especially new ones.

I try to balance bots/bugs but even I admit bots can get extremely tedious/unfair. Bugs don't give me this feeling on any mission.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Was doing a set on bugs Helldive with randoms and we were using mics. All of them said they don't even touch bot planets anymore because of defend evacuation and devastators sniping you across the map. They just don't - period. I assume this is a lot of players, especially new ones.

I try to balance bots/bugs but even I admit bots can get extremely tedious/unfair. Bugs don't give me this feeling on any mission.
when the Major Orders were entirely bot focused, we had the majority of people on the bots though
i have also seen many people on reddit and discord say they used to think bots were crazy hard, then fought them during the major orders and found out they were totally fine
I think it'll be ok

HD1 had the problem too btw
most people fought bugs, then cyborgs, then illuminate

Last edited:

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
when the Major Orders were entirely bot focused, we had the majority of people on the bots though
i have also seen many people on reddit and discord say they used to think bots were crazy hard, then thought them during the major orders and found out they were totally fine
I think it'll be ok

HD1 had the problem too btw
most people fought bugs, then cyborgs, then illuminate
I think once they tune bots a bit people will be fine. I also think bugs will get Hive Lord and other horrors soon enough and people will start to curse bugs lol.

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
If it wasn't for the Scorcher two-shotting walkers from the front I'd loathe bot missions. They're just so prolific and take so much time to flank unless you have someone else to help cover/kite for you.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
If it wasn't for the Scorcher two-shotting walkers from the front I'd loathe bot missions. They're just so prolific and take so much time to flank unless you have someone else to help cover/kite for you.
AMR, Autocannon, Laser Cannon, MMG, HMG, Railgun can all take out a strider from the front in seconds
obviously quasar, RR and EAT can kill them but usually you wouldn't
any medium pen weapon like Lip Pen, Abjudicator, Dominator etc... can take them out as well but depending on which gun it can take a lot of ammo
Eruptor I think straight up kills them? not sure, never used it against bots so far

but yeah, striders have 3 weakspots: left and right leg joint and then the motorblock in the middle underneath the front armorplate
depending on your weapon you can oneshot these parts and instant kill them
all the above mentioned weapons can damage one or two of those parts and kill them from the front

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
AMR, Autocannon, Laser Cannon, MMG, HMG, Railgun can all take out a strider from the front in seconds
obviously quasar, RR and EAT can kill them but usually you wouldn't
any medium pen weapon like Lip Pen, Abjudicator, Dominator etc... can take them out as well but depending on which gun it can take a lot of ammo
Eruptor I think straight up kills them? not sure, never used it against bots so far

but yeah, striders have 3 weakspots: left and right leg joint and then the motorblock in the middle underneath the front armorplate
depending on your weapon you can oneshot these parts and instant kill them
all the above mentioned weapons can damage one or two of those parts and kill them from the front
Ah ok thanks. I didn't know about having to hit the leg joints. Will try to lab that with some of my favored weapons.

Even when I try to be patient and snipe a pair from behind far away, as soon as one is down the other immediately turns around and starts shooting/walking towards my position, lol.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Ah ok thanks. I didn't know about having to hit the leg joints. Will try to lab that with some of my favored weapons.

Even when I try to be patient and snipe a pair from behind far away, as soon as one is down the other immediately turns around and starts shooting/walking towards my position, lol.
here is an example I posted around release time that shows the laser cannon

View: https://www.twitch.tv/klyka/clip/VivaciousBillowingTruffleBudBlast-PNeIuDqV_NB99ZXY

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
this highlights the problem I have with the laser weapons, there's no hit registration so I have no idea if i'm actually doing any damage to the target i'm firing at.
if you are not doing damage because of armor, the laser impact will be a massive blue with the laser being deflected away
if that does not appear, you are doing damage
it also does some yellow little impact effects where the laser hits and has some tiny "parts" fly off with it too

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
if you are not doing damage because of armor, the laser impact will be a massive blue with the laser being deflected away
if that does not appear, you are doing damage
it also does some yellow little impact effects where the laser hits and has some tiny "parts" fly off with it too

I miss the hit markers, with the kinetic weapons that additional level of visual feedback is so useful. The arc thrower has the same problem but that's my primary so i've kind of gotten used to getting a feel with when something is dead and i can move on to the next target.
That video has certainly piqued my interest in the laser though, was watching a random team mate running it against bots and he had hulks dropping like they were nothing...

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't know how to aim for the strider's legs quickly on the PS5. Maybe it doesn't help that my controller has drifting problem so I have to set the dead zone larger. That basically limits my primary weapon against bots to something that I can shoot at it directly.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I miss the hit markers, with the kinetic weapons that additional level of visual feedback is so useful. The arc thrower has the same problem but that's my primary so i've kind of gotten used to getting a feel with when something is dead and i can move on to the next target.
That video has certainly piqued my interest in the laser though, was watching a random team mate running it against bots and he had hulks dropping like they were nothing...
1 stun grenade + laser to the eye = dead hulks
absolutely destroys them

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017

I won't say that Bot Missions can't get hectic

But I do believe that the main issue people have is they keep fighting Bots like Bugs. They require different strategies and playstyles.

The paradox is that Bots will continue to be difficult if you don't stay consistent and keep fighting them to learn the process.

I'm very positive that Bots are far easier now than at launch, first months. I can see many people who may have tried Bots at launch and just noped out entirely and never tried again.

(How is this all going to work when the Illuminate arrive and promise to be far more bullshit than the Bots ever were?)

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
Which weapon do I keep seeing people using, all I see is sparks flying out in a cone shaped pattern, appears to be a rapid fire shotgun of some sort. Seems to have a ton of ammo and I am intrigued…

data

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the one you're most comfortable with. For me, it's suicide.
If you need green samples Illegal Broadcast on Trivial is your friend. Five minutes tops for 10+ samples (alongside any Super Credits you find).
This is also good advice that I forgot about. The lower missions don't have any other sample other than commons, so they're good for super credit farming as well as medals from the PoIs.

madwarrior

Feb 22, 2022
I won't say that Bot Missions can't get hectic

But I do believe that the main issue people have is they keep fighting Bots like Bugs. They require different strategies and playstyles.

The paradox is that Bots will continue to be difficult if you don't stay consistent and keep fighting them to learn the process.

I'm very positive that Bots are far easier now than at launch, first months. I can see many people who may have tried Bots at launch and just noped out entirely and never tried again.

(How is this all going to work when the Illuminate arrive and promise to be far more bullshit than the Bots ever were?)

This.

A few of my friends landed on Malevelon creek after fighting bugs for a few weeks. 1 match and they decided to never fight bots again.

I see a lot more players on the bugs side than the bots

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Not played in over a week but have zero sense of fomo.

It is refreshing as hell(divers).
This is a really good point. I also came back after a week of holiday and stuff, and was greeted with about 200 medals for stuff I didn't even contribute to.
Hopped in a couple of missions, tried some new strategems, and now have the new warbond to work towards at my own pace. Wonderful!

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
This.

A few of my friends landed on Malevelon creek after fighting bugs for a few weeks. 1 match and they decided to never fight bots again.

I see a lot more players on the bugs side than the bots

I did a basic 6 mission tour during the actual Malevelon Creek and noped out lol. It was too much so i get it haha.

I was heavy during the initial Automaton wipeout however. Bots require precision, support and a bit more firepower. Stratagems have to count, you def can be punished for missing easy plays. There will always be more bug players, but im interested to see when the third faction shows up how it all balances out.

just a fantastic meme

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Just had Level 9 Operation with a

Level 70 (me)
Level 76
Level 90
Level 102

And never in my years have I had a smoother, easier, only good plays, kinda match like that. War Factories, every tank, every hulk, like 3 Gunship Fabs. Did a full clear and we still got out with like 15 reinforcements. I was getting fire support from like 200 meters away as one pair took on the objective while the other two split up to arm two separate Gunship Hellbombs. Magical experience 11/10 would endlessly chase for hours again.

madwarrior

Feb 22, 2022
I did a basic 6 mission tour during the actual Malevelon Creek and noped out lol. It was too much so i get it haha.

I was heavy during the initial Automaton wipeout however. Bots require precision, support and a bit more firepower. Stratagems have to count, you def can be punished for missing easy plays. There will always be more bug players, but im interested to see when the third faction shows up how it all balances out.

Honestly I think the #BugMains will stick to bugs, the creekers will move on to the 3rd faction

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
We're going to win this MO because the timer got messed up at some point. Pretty sure it was originally supposed to end a day or two ago