Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Had some time to play post last patch. Blitzer and that plasma shotgun are so much fun! Great changes to those two it seems.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what's up with people joining my game and leaving instantly.

Had 2 happen in lobby, when I was the only one there as host, and once in the field. I promise I don't bite.

Also, finally unlocked the Blitzer shotgun after hearing it's not shit (friend let me try it off their dead body and it felt useless pre-buff), and I'm really enjoying it now. Also finally used the Arc Launcher post-patch, and it still feels really good. It's been too long since I used it pre-patch, but is it placebo or is it really firing faster now, almost equivalent to the fast-charge bug time?

If it wasn't for the situation, the community is generally wholesome. Lots of hugs and salutes all around.

Outside of balance patch discussions as well lol
Yeah, I've had very few bad experiences in-game, the people I've played with seem to actually know how to play the game and aren't treating it like COD and teammates as expendable NPC's. I've also kept the hug emote exclusively on and people are quick to hug back.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
These fire tornados are some annoying bullshit. Especially when they sweep all over the extraction zone and won't piss off.

Really wish there was a strategem to deal with fire spread.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
These fire tornados are some annoying bullshit. Especially when they sweep all over the extraction zone and won't piss off.

Really wish there was a strategem to deal with fire spread.
I honestly just stopped playing planets which have them. I don't mind some negative modifiers, but it's beyond blatantly obvious that fire tornadoes are designed to cover objective areas and follow the player around.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Almost done getting to lvl 3 on all ship modules with 2 more to go. Funny enough I have more than enough rares and supers to upgrade but I need an insane amount of commons.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I need to start upping difficulty to get super samples. I'm "ok" - any tips before joining some rando's so I don't ruin their time? I know keep moving don't stay and fight. Anything else? good loadouts?

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly just stopped playing planets which have them. I don't mind some negative modifiers, but it's beyond blatantly obvious that fire tornadoes are designed to cover objective areas and follow the player around.

There are literally NO bug planets today that don't have the fire tornados. It's so fucking annoying.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I need to start upping difficulty to get super samples. I'm "ok" - any tips before joining some rando's so I don't ruin their time? I know keep moving don't stay and fight. Anything else? good loadouts?
For me when fighting Automatons I use the Eruptor and Redeemer, when fighting Terminids I use the Sickle and Grenade Pistol. For Stratagems I almost always go with Orbital Strike, Eagle Airstrike, Shield Backpack and Quasar Cannon. The Orbital Strike is great if you quickly need to take out one of the heaviest units or need to put some heavy damage in a Bile Titan, Eagle Airstrike is always great to take out a big group including heavier enemies. Shield Backpack I really like because against bots it just makes sure you take a lot less damage and bugs can't slow you when your shield is up. Quasar Cannon is always nice to take out heavy enemies as well.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
After the 3rd game tonight just now where our extraction zone was completely covered in fire tornados and we lost a shitload of samples, I think I'm done with the game until they nerf this shit or more planets are available without them. It's just not fun AT ALL.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I've actually experienced the fire tornados killing off more bugs than it actually hurts me. Free AOE for chaff is fine by me.

Teddie28

Nov 2, 2017

I started running 7 difficulty on bugs recently and the energy shield backpack has been invaluable for me. Getting slowed usually means certain death and that negates it as long as you don't stand still for more than a few seconds.

Teddie28

Nov 2, 2017
Extraction can be hell sometimes with fire tornadoes. They also need to make more noise, along with most other things in this game. A fire tornado should not be able to sneak up on you and catch you by surprise. Nothing should, except maybe small bugs.

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Man, I'll miss this TCS emergency shutdown campaign.

Ballistic shield and SMG is super fun to use and quite effective, I'm looking forward to the new weapon dropping next week.

Started using the Blitzer again, it's lacking in the damage department but the crowd control is VERY nice.

I'm considering taking a break until the new SMG just cause the shift in play is so strong and enjoyable I'd like to play it better with the new lower RPM SMG. Everything is easy to manage except rocket devastators for whatever reason.

And yeah the Blitzer is secretly absolutely insane. If you can snuggle yourself into a funnel choke point everything will just stagger and die.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Feel free to experiment and find what works best for you. For bugs, I run arc thrower and rover with eruptor primary and it works well for me. Good horde clearing with the ability to take out spewers before they get into range and become a problem.

Also, always keep a look out for the dick rock. Sounds vulgar but it's the key to collecting super samples.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean they're pushing back the new warbond release date?
Hopefully they don't.

Also I believe the next months contents or so were in the last beefy patch. People were datamining for leaks.

Now I can only hope people fix their reviews. I have a feeling, a lot of people who refunded arent coming back and will leave their negative reviews as a stain

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Yeah, some will change it, some wont. Much like it happened during the early launch when the servers were being hammered.

Glad for the players in those territories, in any case.

data

Oct 25, 2017
God, finally this drama will all be behind us soon
Oh no it won't. Its gonna be the next balance patch drama very soon lol. After every warbond theyre gonna tune those new weapons and people are gonna complain again instead of trying out some other weapons that might be buffed

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no it won't. Its gonna be the next balance patch drama very soon lol. After every warbond theyre gonna tune those new weapons and people are gonna complain again instead of trying out some other weapons that might be buffed
That drama is manageable compared to what we just went though, lmao.

Though I wouldn't put it past the chuds hellbent on attacking the queer HD2 devs to try and find another controversy to blow up (before Sony doused it with gasoline) to use as a smokescreen.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
According to the CEO on twitter we are getting a free cape with the negative review graphs as a design looool
Damn that is a clever move.😁
-edit-
They should try something like this:
vn856vq2dfyc1.png

Last edited:

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Good for players in territories without PSN. Glad we can get back to regular chatter tbh…at least until the next set of nerfs. 😂

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Good.

Reddit/discord should do a big campaign to remind people to change their reviews back. It's fine if they want to leave it negative but for all those people who only did it temporarily and then will forget about it.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Good.

Reddit/discord should do a big campaign to remind people to change their reviews back. It's fine if they want to leave it negative but for all those people who only did it temporarily and then will forget about it.
they are!
the reddit is full of threads and even has one pinned at the top asking people to change their reviews back
arlP10y.png

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Well divers, we managed to beat the evil PSN link, so now it's back to the bugfront!
9KCsZoH.png

We got two new planets as well, one of them currently as a defense!

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit, this whole event has actually made me love and appreciate the Helldivers community even more than I did before.

There really is something special about this game.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I have to admit, this whole event has actually made me love and appreciate the Helldivers community even more than I did before.

There really is something special about this game.
i love the "the community killed 2 billion bugs in 13 hours. What's a billion dollar company over the weekend compared to that?" narrative lol

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
i love the "the community killed 2 billion bugs in 13 hours. What's a billion dollar company over the weekend compared to that?" narrative lol
I just wish the chuds didn't have to scum up everything that was happening - some pretty heinous stuff was posted in user reviews, etc.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Well divers, we managed to beat the evil PSN link, so now it's back to the bugfront!
9KCsZoH.png

We got two new planets as well, one of them currently as a defense!
We're definitely gonna be stuck fighting Terminids around the currently frontline, the message after completing the previous major order said that the supercolony will cause Terminids to spread to neighboring planets.