patentguy

Feb 28, 2024
While the narrative that the community pulled off a real life major order is fun, it is definitely held back by the toxicity of it all.

The devs did not deserve the vitriol in the steam reviews, the discord, etc. the whole "movement" was also capitalized by some of gaming's worst voices.

At least folks in regions that don't support PSN will still be able to play - that to me seems like the real victory.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, back to Heeth!

Also I'm not sure I've dived onto Acamar IV before either, gonna see what it looks like.

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to unlock the Scorcher as a little treat to myself. Fun weapon imho. Although I seem to get that bug where it doesn't reload properly a disproportionate amount on it for some reason.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Yeah, when I saw a screenshot of his comment inviting people to voice their displeasure through bad reviews and refunds I thought "It's true, but he shouldn't say it". Glad to hear management realized it wouldn't help anyone to retaliate against Spitz.

Anson225

Oct 26, 2017
I like to bring flamethrower for bug missions, but in this case what would y'all recommend to bring to take down shrieker nest/spore spewer from afar?

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
Eat cool down is so short you can easily run it with other support weapon strategems. Plus it comes in handy for bile titans

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
With the recent changes to require armor penetration, I'd lean EATs vs continuing to run quasar.
Shrieker Nests still require 2-3 shots dependent on distance (seems like they've adjusted that you can't snipe from the other side of the map now), spore spewers are usually 2 shots instead of one now.

No real meaningful change for the Quasar. I'd still run Quasar over EAT unless doing the more tower defense / elimination missions because you can't call in EAT with environmental effects or if the mission timer runs out.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
What's best way to find stalker nest if any? Just go in the direction it came from and look for red on the map?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
What's best way to find stalker nest if any? Just go in the direction it came from and look for red on the map?
That is my go to. As soon you clock the relative direction head that way and the enemy asset alert will sound out when you get close.

Many times you will approach at the right angle and see it well in advance of that.

Oct 27, 2017

Unless something's changed, there won't be a red dot on the map. So you follow the direction from which they came and look for a tall mound with bug holes in it that isn't showing red on your map. When you get close it will say you have discovered a Stalker Lair.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Took a peek in the discord, it's on fire with rampant bigotry, queerphobia, transphobia, you name it. No one gives a shit about the PSN linking already, the chuds got to attack people and fling their shit all over with plausible deniability by pretending to be mad about PSN

They really need to just delete chat channels if they can't be moderated

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
What annoys me about Stalkers more than anything is when they fuck off into the sunset if you don't immediately kill them.

I pursued one that was leading me beyond the map boundaries. Muldoon_clever_girl.gif

data

Oct 25, 2017
What annoys me about Stalkers more than anything is when they fuck off into the sunset if you don't immediately kill them.

I pursued one that was leading me beyond the map boundaries. Muldoon_clever_girl.gif
They're mad scary after the update since their camo actually works quite well now.

Only good thing is I feel they're squishier and damaging them still makes them slightly visible because of the blood

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I just really want to see how they do Hive lords, a megaboss sounds very fun to fight

It would be really cool if they can show up mid-mission and cause the objective to shift

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
They're mad scary after the update since their camo actually works quite well now.

Only good thing is I feel they're squishier and damaging them still makes them slightly visible because of the blood
What's funny is they kind of didn't need it since their MO is to usually jump you from behind anyways. But yeah, it's good that they're a priority to deal with now because they're so much harder to spot in the midst of action.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Took a peek in the discord, it's on fire with rampant bigotry, queerphobia, transphobia, you name it. No one gives a shit about the PSN linking already, the chuds got to attack people and fling their shit all over with plausible deniability by pretending to be mad about PSN

They really need to just delete chat channels if they can't be moderated

I just avoid them, makes me happier.

data

Oct 25, 2017
What's funny is they kind of didn't need it since their MO is to usually jump you from behind anyways. But yeah, it's good that they're a priority to deal with now because they're so much harder to spot in the midst of action.
Pre-patch it was funny watching them try to sneak up on you when they were in front of you since they were not doing a good job lol.

Post-patch, it's like a jump scare.

I just avoid them, makes me happier.
This is the way. The outrage brought a lot of people who took advantage to spew their hatred. I'd keep contact with the Discord to a minimum until they cull them and things return to some normalcy.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
I love my heavy gunner loadout (MG + Eruptor + heavy armor/shield pack) but the Heavy MG needs more mags, that thing eats ammo faster than even the post-nerf Breaker. Does (way) more damage per bullet than the standard MG but you run out of them real fast

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I love my heavy gunner loadout (MG + Eruptor + heavy armor/shield pack) but the Heavy MG needs more mags, that thing eats ammo faster than even the post-nerf Breaker. Does (way) more damage per bullet than the standard MG but you run out of them real fast
If sustained fire on the same part from an Autocannon could break off armor (like firing an entire volley into a charger), I'd be rocking that in a heartbeat on heavy builds. It feels like there's an overreliance on rocket anti-armor weapons right now, I want the Big Fucking Gun that shreds heavy armor with big enough bullets or enough of them thrown at it.

Feb 23, 2024
I miss the charger leg meta. Using one weapon to break armor, and then another one to rapidly deplete the enemy's health, is the pinnacle of game design.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I miss the charger leg meta. Using one weapon to break armor, and then another one to rapidly deplete the enemy's health, is the pinnacle of game design.
I wish hitting them in the head with something like a rocket only removed the head armor exposing a fleshy head that still needed to be shot a few times with a regular primary weapon to kill them. Feels so unsatisfying and cheap to me to just blow their heads off so easily.

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Please god let's this happen because it's be so fucking funny vibes would be if they made it a reward for linking your account

Not that they should do that

But it would be so funny please

data

Oct 25, 2017
Please god let's this happen because it's be so fucking funny vibes would be if they made it a reward for linking your account

1df

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly this is what should have happened, linking the account rewarding users with some cosmetics, like a helmet/armor/cape combo.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Man things are rough with just 2 people.

We got randoms but I'm not sure if the servers are borked or something but people kept leaving in the middle of fights. I think they disconnected so the patrols were swarming us on a bug planet, especially since we have the MO increase spawn rate.

I wish they would tune the patrol numbers back down to exponential.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Man things are rough with just 2 people.

We got randoms but I'm not sure if the servers are borked or something but people kept leaving in the middle of fights. I think they disconnected so the patrols were swarming us on a bug planet, especially since we have the MO increase spawn rate.

I wish they would tune the patrol numbers back down to exponential.

I'm usually duoing with my friend in our sessions. If DoT bug was fixed it would be so much easier.

data

Oct 25, 2017
I'm usually duoing with my friend in our sessions. If DoT bug was fixed it would be so much easier.
A lot of things would be easier with dot fix lol. Napalm could actually control an area.

They're likely going to have to change fire damage after the dot fix because they definitely buffed it pretty high

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
One of my friends likes to keep picking DOT stuff (flamethrower, napalm, gas) even though I keep telling them about the bug. It's obvious they're not the network host when you see even fleas just chilling in flame carpets like they're T-800s. But I guess they like those weapons so what're you gonna do.

bezuzu

May 3, 2023
I feel like rewarding review bombing is a double edged sword. Good luck to them the next time they release an unpopular balance patch 😅

Dec 3, 2022
God I hate Hunters so much.

Really not enjoying the spawn boost to <4 players. Soloing a couple low level missions now just to chill seems like such a pain now.