GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I still occasionally use the Arc Thrower against bugs when I don't feel like aiming too much, but it is VERY bad against bots now, yeah. And that aiming has been unreliable since release, but it was less of a problem when it had a 75m range instead of 50. Thats one of the things that they should be spending time fixing, much like the aiming with the Spear. AND implementing an easy way of reconnecting with a game that is still in progress. Just add a join option to people in your recent social tab, damn.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I don't, and won't, have twitter so I can't vote or see the results so far. I hope we get a new warbond tomorrow. I haven't been angrily tweeting about PSN nor do I feel any kind of way about balancing. I want a new smg to shoot things with while goofing with my friends. Please don't let the tiny yet vocal folk portion of the community ruin my Thursday night plans.

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
I will personally give them the negative sentiment of 5 account linker haters (the vibes only, not the verbal abuse) if they delay the warbond release at the literal 11th hour. They do need to overhaul their balancing philosophies though. Delay the next Warbond a couple weeks and split it up into two free mini-bonds to give them some time to incorporate a two week play testing area, is my idea. They very clearly don't give these guns the appropriate amount of testing but it's also pretty clear their versions pipeline is kinda messy. Or at least that's the impression the always missing something patch notes give me.

I'm biased though, I've completed every Warbond and I'm maxed Medals. A couple nights of Level 9 operations usually fills out the newest Premium extremely quickly.

The Poll results are 3:1 release vs delay. So no worries

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017

Yea feeling similar. They constantly focus on the wrong things to 'balance'. The load out is so limited when soloing or duoing on lv 9 cuz most of the weapons/stratagems are just not useful enough. Personally I'll probably take a break from this game once D4 Season 4 drops since it's almost like a whole new game and check the state of this game again afterwards.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Balance patches in games and the modern common methodology ruins them. Let some weapons be kind of broken games should be fun. Especially when its not PvP.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I seeing word on Reddit that Spitz may have got fired/demoted??

Can't seem to verify but it's also something that Arrowhead is not gonna advertise. This is based off his titling for his account on Discord.

If I was a betting man, it probably had to be a concession to Sony for him pushing people to refund the game

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Spitz was let go, yeah.

They need to chill with their balance changes. We barely have time to try guns we buy.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I seeing word on Reddit that Spitz may have got fired/demoted??

Can't seem to verify but it's also something that Arrowhead is not gonna advertise. This is based off his titling for his account on Discord.

If I was a betting man, it probably had to be a concession to Sony for him pushing people to refund the game
Haven't checked Discord today, but yeah his wording yesterday strongly implied he got fired.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Arrowhead CEO says Helldivers 2 balancing patches have 'gone too far' recently: 'It feels like every time someone finds something fun, the fun is removed'

But there's an argument to be made that balancing shouldn't be taken so seriously in a purely PvE shooter like Helldivers 2, and that it's ok if one gun is dealing more damage than the rest. Replying to a player on Twitter who said recent patches have made the game "unplayable," Arrowhead CEO Johan Pilestedt conceded that he's not satisfied with his studio's current balancing approach.
In a followup tweet, Pilestedt says he's seeing "a bit too much balancing using damage instead of other measures such as recoil, reload speeds, accuracy, projectile speeds and equip speeds. Just tweaking damage numbers is a blunt tool."
The exchange was not in reference to any specific nerfs, so it's hard to pin down exactly what Pilestedt has in mind here. The last sweeping balancing patch deployed in late April could be described as 'too many damage tweaks,' but many guns also received non-damage alterations like magazine size, recoil, and recharge time.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017

Arrowhead CEO says Helldivers 2 balancing patches have 'gone too far' recently: 'It feels like every time someone finds something fun, the fun is removed'

It's good that they're at least noticing the feedback of the community. Now let's see what they're gonna do with it.

View: https://youtu.be/t0d3rJfln3U?si=J9VDpvhKIpYoCkTT

Loves the game, doesn't like the balancing philosophy.

Also Arc thrower is legit terrible atm. Doesn't hit a single target on uneven terrain and the stagger buff for hulks makes it now even less viable.

I still occasionally use the Arc Thrower against bugs when I don't feel like aiming too much, but it is VERY bad against bots now, yeah. And that aiming has been unreliable since release, but it was less of a problem when it had a 75m range instead of 50. Thats one of the things that they should be spending time fixing, much like the aiming with the Spear. AND implementing an easy way of reconnecting with a game that is still in progress. Just add a join option to people in your recent social tab, damn.
The range was nerfed down to 35m and it's legit terrible against the bots. Not enough range to zap them safely and after the latest patch, it doesn't stunlock Hulks anymore so u still get ass blasted in between the staggers.

I still love it against bugs though. Even though the range nerfs are felt here too, the chain kills feels nice against hordes of enemies running towards u. I wished they buffed the ranged a bit and fix the hitboxes. Dead bodies, foliage and terrains can straight up make the lightning disappear without it doing damage.

unknown_nut

Sep 12, 2022
I am really hoping tomorrow's warbond have good weapons, but I doubt it. I might still end up getting cutting edge since stun grenades are goated.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Guy telling people to review bomb the game good on them for firing them. If I was Sony I would've pushed for it too.

Looking like we'll fail this MO. little over a day to do 2 full planets. Not happening

data

Oct 25, 2017
Guy telling people to review bomb the game good on them for firing them. If I was Sony I would've pushed for it too.

Looking like we'll fail this MO. little over a day to do 2 full planets. Not happening

Yeah this was a tough one since it was 4 planets and there was multiple attacks on bug planets as well so people went to defend those planets.

I am really hoping tomorrow's warbond have good weapons, but I doubt it. I might still end up getting cutting edge since stun grenades are goated.
I'll be happy to just have more stuff to unlock. Hopefully it's not just warbonds and there's other resource sinks, else it's just medal farming for the warbond

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
In a followup tweet, Pilestedt says he's seeing "a bit too much balancing using damage instead of other measures such as recoil, reload speeds, accuracy, projectile speeds and equip speeds. Just tweaking damage numbers is a blunt tool."
Yup. I loved using the Railgun when it was capable of bringing down Chargers with a few shots to a leg. I'd found myself a nice support role where other people could deal the heavy damage to enemies and I could hang a bit further back and mop up the annoyances like chargers and brood commanders. They then nerfed it and I just dropped it from then on as it just couldn't do the job it initially could. Whereas if they'd just made the reload a bit longer or the clip a little smaller I'd have probably still been happy to use it in rotation.

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
I honestly like over active balancing. It keeps the game fresh for someone like me that plays at least a little bit nearly every weekday. At the same time I definitely see the downside cause this happens in Overwatch where I'll log on for the first time in a handful of months and just be like "wtf happened to Winston, my sweet baby boy what did they do to you ㅠㅠ". But yeah CEO is right they have so many dials to tune but they usually touch damage first. The best adjustments they've made are when they've messed with recoil or clip size or handling.

Example I'd give being when they nerfed the recharge on the personal shield, it opened up other backpacks and got it to stop being a second regening lifebar. While also keeping it entirely viable. A Great buff being to the Blitzer firerate making entirely viable without changing literally anything else about how it worked. Honestly they need to look into reverting a bunch of nerfs. Like the Breaker recoil and clip size. Try reducing its effective range instead. The railgun honestly would be just kinda okay if it was half changed to its OG.

They'll figure it all out. This game will be a thing for years to come. They just need to slow down a tad. Which is strange, cause they've been moving ridiculously fast for such a small team. Usually rapid change are these things lifeblood

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
Yup. I loved using the Railgun when it was capable of bringing down Chargers with a few shots to a leg. I'd found myself a nice support role where other people could deal the heavy damage to enemies and I could hang a bit further back and mop up the annoyances like chargers and brood commanders. They then nerfed it and I just dropped it from then on as it just couldn't do the job it initially could. Whereas if they'd just made the reload a bit longer or the clip a little smaller I'd have probably still been happy to use it in rotation.

I'm pretty sure you can still do that to Chargers with the latest Railgun buff!

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Warbond is available for me now. New armors in SC store as well:

bafkreiguxjo6usvtsbx5gfiweq7zul54h7s3v5q3747jlh2telhlrlvg6q@jpeg
bafkreie5pyvrpswdbv65l3vkyuhdv4wi3xfczxlpne6u2kgt6jmp5exo3i@jpeg

Someone with a lot of credits and medals around to give us the lowdown on the new weapons? Purifier (page 3) looks like a Plasma Sniper? Please be good

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
the weapons seem good outside of the Tenderizer
I don't quite understand what "a worse liberator" is supposed to add outside of a different model and gunshot sound
i feel they forgot they buffed the liberator at some point and forgot to bring the tenderizer up to speed

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
I don't quite understand what "a worse liberator" is supposed to add outside of a different model and gunshot sound
i feel they forgot they buffed the liberator at some point and forgot to bring the tenderizer up to speed

obviously time to nerf the liberator

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife

Yeah. I've only run the Tenderizer once but it was kinda underwhelming. Might give it another shot but not at all impressed.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
One guy died once in a difficulty 7 mission and suddenly everyone left! Shocking lack of patriotism! Fortunately some more democratically inclined players showed up to save me and my super samples

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I've only run the Tenderizer once but it was kinda underwhelming. Might give it another shot but not at all impressed.

The AR-61 Tenderizer sounds incredible, like I love the way it sounds when it fires, and it has pretty good damage, but MAN does it chew through ammo fast. It felt like I spent as much time reloading as I did firing. Also takes quite a lot of ammo boxes just to fill it up with the full 10 mags.

I think I'd take the standard Liberator over it any day though, sadly.

Oct 27, 2017
The AR-61 Tenderizer sounds incredible, like I love the way it sounds when it fires, and it has pretty good damage, but MAN does it chew through ammo fast. It felt like I spent as much time reloading as I did firing. Also takes quite a lot of ammo boxes just to fill it up with the full 10 mags.

I think I'd take the standard Liberator over it any day though, sadly.

giphy.gif

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
One guy died once in a difficulty 7 mission and suddenly everyone left! Shocking lack of patriotism! Fortunately some more democratically inclined players showed up to save me and my super samples
That's just them getting disconnected. I used to take it personally but you basically lose connection to the server and become your own host while everyone else gets the boot.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Now the new SMG-72 Pummeler, theres an interesting weapon. It's the old SMG with a slightly slower firing rate, slightly less damage, but it staggers. I like it a lot actually, feels very effective against bug swarms. In fact I might prefer it over the old SMG.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Now the new SMG-72 Pummeler, theres an interesting weapon. It's the old SMG with a slightly slower firing rate, slightly less damage, but it staggers. I like it a lot actually, feels very effective against bug swarms. In fact I might prefer it over the old SMG.
the stagger is also pretty intense, just like the liberator concussive where it staggers basically anything you can hit in the fleshy parts
incredibly good to stop a horde from overunning you or a friend

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
the stagger is also pretty intense, just like the liberator concussive where it staggers basically anything you can hit in the fleshy parts
incredibly good to stop a horde from overunning you or a friend
It was also stunning bile spewers it takes at least half a clip to their face to kill it but its not spiting in the mean time.
i kinda love it, i want to try it on bots later today.
The incendiary impacts and shocking booster were also clutch.

Last edited:

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
the discord is super toxic. its wild how bad it is. just non-stop bitching.
That discord needs to not exist because it really shouldn't exist with a community this big. It's insane person things. Maybe when the maximum expected users was 50k but not a literal order of magnitude more

Also guys uhhh the Purifier is uhhhhh it's not what you would call "good" ummm it's uhhh kinda trash. It's like… the post first nerf Eruptor had a terrible baby with the launch Punisher Plasma. I could upload some clips but it might just make you depressed so I'm deciding against it

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem like I'll be changing any load out from this WB, too bad. Maybe it's time to take a break until next adjustments.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the devs step back from discord, they were equipped to deal with maybe a hundred thousand or two, not almost a million people. Seeing people with pitchforks to go after certain CM's because they dared to say they hate gamers after receiving a deluge of death threats over fucking pronouns and pride flags in bio is incredibly unacceptable and should be a giant warning sign to pull the fuck back now. This community is toxic as hell and the CM's need to be protected way more than this freeform and hands-off approach. It's too big and filled with awful people, and that needs to be squashed if they don't want to be dealing with constant controversy from bad actors who explode at the sight of a single pronoun.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
yeah the official discord has over 1 million users
it is way way too much
every chat you join there are people having random insane discussions and posts

i don't know if people remember this but a few months ago some random in that discord took a screenshot of a post of mine here on ERA, posted it in the discord, @ me and wrote something like "found another traitor"
like, some of these people are just completely lost

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I'm extremely happy to see that the blue armour is Scout and fully light. New main armour found! At least on bugs.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
yeah the official discord has over 1 million users
it is way way too much
every chat you join there are people having random insane discussions and posts

i don't know if people remember this but a few months ago some random in that discord took a screenshot of a post of mine here on ERA, posted it in the discord, @ me and wrote something like "found another traitor"
like, some of these people are just completely lost
yikes im sorry that happened.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
I'm extremely happy to see that the blue armour is Scout and fully light. New main armour found! At least on bugs.
Isn't that the same as the green armour in the regular bond?
I'd like to see some more unusual combinations, like an "assault recon" heavy scout.
Though in any case, it looks cooler than the green armour, so I'll be using it!

I have only had time for one match but the impact incendiaries seem good. They can close bug holes. I assume they can also do bot fabs if you aim them right.
I like all the DoT weapons now they're fixed. They're great for covering a retreat democratic repositioning.

The tenderizer assault rifle isn't great, but it's not terrible. It has an adjustable 25/50/100m scope so it might be a good AR for sniping bot heads. The default AR seems better vs bugs.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Also guys uhhh the Purifier is uhhhhh it's not what you would call "good" ummm it's uhhh kinda trash. It's like… the post first nerf Eruptor had a terrible baby with the launch Punisher Plasma. I could upload some clips but it might just make you depressed so I'm deciding against it

Yea I don't see the point of this weapon. I'm starting to feel they should spend more time thinking about creating more interesting/useful weapons instead of sticking to one Warbond a month schedule. For a weapon that is on the final page of a WB and costs good amount of medals, it's really tiring to unlock and find out how useless they are. Plasma punisher and Blitzer are in good place now but that's how they should have been when they initially released the Warbond.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I don't see the point of this weapon. I'm starting to feel they should spend more time thinking about creating more interesting/useful weapons instead of sticking to one Warbond a month schedule. For a weapon that is on the final page of a WB and costs good amount of medals, it's really tiring to unlock and find out how useless they are. Plasma punisher and Blitzer are in good place now but that's how they should have been when they initially released the Warbond.
i think i would rather them work on the weapon upgrade system so we have something to dump currency into. let me make any weapon into a decent one.
Im assuming their sprint/release schedule is allocating 30-50% of all dev time to bugs/balance.

then the remainder into new warbonds.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
i think i would rather them work on the weapon upgrade system so we have something to dump currency into. let me make any weapon into a decent one.
Im assuming their sprint/release schedule is allocating 30-50% of all dev time to bugs/balance.

then the remainder into new warbonds.

I honestly don't care how we get there, just give me more useful and fun stuff to mess with.
We really should have a lot more primaries that can chip away medium/heavy's health slowly. It'll take a lot of ammo but it keeps the game moving instead of oh my 500kg is in cooldown and I have no way of getting to my support weapon, I guess I'll just go to another objective so they will despawn.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I've got my head in the sand when it comes to all the balancing. None of it bothers me too much, I'd probably be slightly bothered if this were a PvP game. I do have my goto weapons, but I also tend to really mix things up when I play. I started to avoid the discord channel and Reddit because hot damn most people just complain way too god damn much.

That being said, I tried out the Motivational Shocks booster and didn't really notice much of a difference. I was being swarmed by Hunters so probably wasn't the best use case. Also tried the SMG-72 Pummeler and holy moly I love the way the gun felt. Though I'm not sure I was jiving with it. While the stagger was great I felt I wasn't contributing much to getting kills during breaches. Need to find a good strategem weapon to take alongside it. Or just use it in a support role.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that the same as the green armour in the regular bond?
I'd like to see some more unusual combinations, like an "assault recon" heavy scout.
Though in any case, it looks cooler than the green armour, so I'll be using it!
It is the same, but I'm pretty sure that was the only armour with that perk and stats so I'm happy for some variety. Dripdiving is important

I would also like to see some more unusual combinations, but I much prefer more Scout armours to another Eng Kit one

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Seems the SMG, grenade and booster are decent but yet again two weapons are ass (Purifier and Tenderizer). Pistol is just okay.
The final light armor is also pretty good.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
While I don't personally assign to the idea that the balancing is the worst thing ever because I think the game's problems are more in terms of the content available and for the most part I like the weapons outside of a few bugs and stinkers, I do think the game could be a bit more fun if they changed the way armour works in the game.

Currently the way it works is bullets have a penetration value and armour has an armour value, if the penetration is equal to armour; reduced damage, If the penetration is higher; full damage and if the penetration is lower then no damage and the bullet riccochets.

Pie in the sky, could completely redo things, I ran some quick numbers using an armour formula I've used before and I'd say make the damage modifier scale exponentially based on (armour value - armour penetration), so the greater the difference between your penetration and their armour, the greater the multiplier, higher deals more damage and lower deals less, simple enough.

But I quite like the riccochet system and you don't want a peashooter to be able to deal damage to a tank, so I'd say if the damage multiplier is equal to or less than 0.2x, then the bullet riccochets, in chart form it would look something like this:

vMuruA1.png

Then, on top of this, there would be a secondary mechanic where shots also degrade the enemy armour by a certain amount, this would allow you to degrade enemy armour with sustained fire even if your penetration isn't high enough to deal damage, up to a point.

If the difference is too high then the degradtion would be none, and if the enemy armour degrades a certain amount from their default value, say 3 stages, that's when you get the armour break and it goes down to 0 for that part.

l6s6e5X.png

This would require completely rebalancing enemy health and armour values so it's not something I'd ever expect them to do, but I think it's a fun little alternative to how they could go about it and I like to think about this sort of shit.