Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Not quite sure of the point of the new AR in the latest Warbond? I get that it's not necessarily a case of weapons being better than others but unless I'm using it incorrectly it just seems to be worse that the likes of the Sickle and even the original AR.
Description says high caliber rounds, while in reality it's worse than a standard assault rifle.

data

Oct 25, 2017
No wonder it just feels like they don't stop coming. On the flip side, I guess the game is going to feel so much easier when soloing after they fix it lol.

Edit: It really screws with the load out. For example, I had to ditch the rover because it's just not doing enough to be worth taking up the backpack slot. Then they had to go and lower its damage output. The difference is very noticeable when soloing lv 9. They really need to spin up a public test server.
That explains a LOT. Spawn rates have gotten insane lately, its like you can't keep up with the nonstop flow of enemies!

Yeah I explained it away that it was the MO raising rates. Since we have a bot MO, I'll see how spawn rates are on that front but I trust the science behind the person who discovered the patrol patterns.

Really hope they fix or revert the patrol change cause 4 players worth of patrols for less than 4 players is not fun and has been criticized by many

Its unfortunate that out of the many bugs they decided to fix for the previous patches this was one of the ones. Sure it extends the MO time but theres been a lot of known issues backlogged and the new patrol bug

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023

Welp seems like it's not the MO. Patrol spawn rates are bugged. No matter how many players, it spawns the number of patrols 4 players would spawn.
Wait so are the authors saying bot spawn rates were also broken since the last MO? Or just after a more recent patch?

I rarely play bots solo (prefer to just veg out & autopilot on bugs), but when I did never noticed an uptick in patrols. OTOH, if it was bugged to begin with, it would explain these times I ran across a bunch playing Pokemon Go; guess their pathfinding glitched & is why I never encountered them piecemeal.

lzIn3cC.png

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Wait so are the authors saying bot spawn rates were also broken since the last MO? Or just after a more recent patch?

I rarely play bots solo (prefer to just veg out & autopilot on bugs), but when I did never noticed an uptick in patrols. OTOH, if it was bugged to begin with, it would explain these times I ran across a bunch playing Pokemon Go; guess their pathfinding glitched & is why I never encountered them piecemeal.

lzIn3cC.png

The bot patrol spawn rate is definitely way higher than before. They do get stuck fairly frequently and I notice the stuck ones don't always show up on radar so it can be pretty dangerous.

data

Oct 25, 2017
The bot patrol spawn rate is definitely way higher than before. They do get stuck fairly frequently and I notice the stuck ones don't always show up on radar so it can be pretty dangerous.

lzIn3cC.png
So the author of the video only started playing again after the patch, but considering the complaints I've seen from solo people in 4,5, and 6, I believe it's been busted on both fronts since the patrol update.

The ones in the picture have been a bug since at least March from what i've seen. They're always stuck near the center of the map and unable to path / walk past each other.

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023

So the author of the video only started playing again after the patch, but considering the complaints I've seen from solo people in 4,5, and 6, I believe it's been busted on both fronts since the patrol update.

The ones in the picture have been a bug since at least March from what i've seen. They're always stuck near the center of the map and unable to path / walk past each other.
Ah ok. In the end, I guess it doesn't matter when the spawn bugs happened; fact seems to be that both sides are less fun for people unless they have four friends/run with randos.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Those incendiary impact grenades? Idk if I'll ever use anything else tbh. They're almost too good. How is no one talking about these things? 🧑‍🍳👌

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Those incendiary impact grenades? Idk if I'll ever use anything else tbh. They're almost too good. How is no one talking about these things? 🧑‍🍳👌
My buddy was raving about them last night, I don't have the new WB yet but definitely looking forward to them.

It's so nice having flame dot working now, running the breaker incendiary last night and it was doing serious work.

data

Oct 25, 2017
2uanaqcstzyc1.jpeg

Sadly I see a nerf to DoT Damage coming soon. Their fault for tweaking the numbers higher to get people to use it without realizing it was bugged

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
My buddy was raving about them last night, I don't have the new WB yet but definitely looking forward to them.

It's so nice having flame dot working now, running the breaker incendiary last night and it was doing serious work.
Ooh, now I'm tempted to go full fire bug for the next major bug order. Breaker incendiary, impact incendiary, flamethrower, napalm!

data

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh, now I'm tempted to go full fire bug for the next major bug order. Breaker incendiary, impact incendiary, flamethrower, napalm!
Wish there was an orbital napalm. Orbital gas is really good at bug breaches though.

Anyone done more testing with the Thermite grenades since the new patch? Not got round to it yet.
Inconsistent at best. I think some said it can take 3 to kill a charger while others have said sometimes you can throw all 4 to basically minimal effect

AdamKoy

Oct 28, 2017
I saw some blue lasers today. Came from behind me and struck the rocks I was running towards. I immediately turned and saw nothing. And then I proceeded to forget to record it...

data

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking the same thing. But it's more fun to play along. Hopefully, AH leans into it even if it is a glitch and pretends it was the Illuminate the whole time.
I guess. Would love to see more in-game lore with buff, bugs and nerfs.

"Our factories have found out that our eruptor bullets were being packed without sharpnel. The dissidents have been arrested and the factories have restored normal production"

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Really liking the Pummeler, it's useful on both bots and bugs. It doesn't have the raw DPS of some other options, but it's great at creating some breathing room for you and your teammates. Staggering Devastators is really nice in particular, I saved my teammates quite a few times from groups of them.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it's a glitch or a visual bug, it's likely just something they added that has a very small chance to occur to hint at the illuminate still being around, itt doesn't mean that they're actually implemented into the game yet

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Going by that video above, is Motivational Shocks bugged? Doesn't seem to do anything?
I suspect it works but is just useless.
It says it reduces the duration of slow effects that aren't AoE.
But you remove the effect by diving, not by waiting for it to time-out.
Who cares if a hunter slow duration is now 2 seconds instead of 3 seconds since you'll hit that dive button and clear it immediately.

I also expect the next patch to buff the warbond items. The tenderiser didn't even get the memo about the ammo economy rebalance (10 clips but only 2 clips per supply pack, really?)
I think the Devs might have erred on the side of caution, since nerfs cause a massively negative overreaction from the community. If they take care to avoid OP guns and buff things later, it won't lead to as many "How Arrowhead just RUINED Helldivers!" YouTube videos.

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Might take a break from this for a while to play Rebirth 2 (which will likely take me 4 or 5 months, maybe more).

I don't want to miss being a part of the game's evolving story (would suck to not be a part of the next Mavelon Creek equivalent), but there's also a lot that needs ironing out and addressing right now.

I can even live with the current balance and bugs, for the most part, but there's a huge amount of negativity in the community right now which is taking its toll.

Hopefully by the time I return to it the community and game will be in a bit of a better place.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Arrowhead CEO says Helldivers 2 was going to have helmets with bespoke HUD elements like enemy outlines—but they were cut due to 'well, having to ship the game'

nYSBnkdHdyysmVhnrTEMeM-970-80.png

As you might be aware, helmets in Helldivers 2 are purely cosmetic. However, they have their own section in the Armoury with stat readouts and a window dedicated to showing off their bonuses—of which there are none.
As Pilestedt reveals, Arrowhead actually had designs on making helmets a key part of your loadout: "I know there's a convo on helmets … Originally, each helmet was going to have a unique 'HUD'—so medics would be able to see health, recon would get enemy outlines etc. But we unfortunately had to cut it due to... Well, having to ship the game."

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017

Arrowhead CEO says Helldivers 2 was going to have helmets with bespoke HUD elements like enemy outlines—but they were cut due to 'well, having to ship the game'

nYSBnkdHdyysmVhnrTEMeM-970-80.png

I guess this means they're planning to bring the idea back one day?? Would be pointless bringing it up otherwise

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe but probably not. I'm guessing it was something in the design doc that they didn't have time to implement. I saw some wild things in design docs when I worked in QA.

They obviously didn't have time to implement the helmet stuff before launch, but that certainly doesn't mean its not coming down the line yet. They plan to update this game for many years, so we'll be getting a LOT of stuff we don't have today. That could easily include features like these specialized helmets.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
It would be fun if helmets had stats or "abilities" instead of being purely cosmetic. Maybe tempting to add stats to capes too but I think they should remain a flavor thing.

So anyway, 2 billion bots? I'm a little doubtful given that 30% of the playerbase seem to always be killing bugs and nothing else lol

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Is the new WarBond any good or should I get Cutting Edge instead?
Absolutely get Cutting Edge instead. That warbond is super goated now with all the post patch updates. All those weapons are really effective now. I ended up going back to Steeled Veterans over Polar Patriots for the same reason.

Here is a slight update rundown after my testing these past few days:

Arc Blitzer: Just a goated gun now. Uber Powerful with unlimited Ammo. A lil limited on range but makes up with pure power. Incredible for Bugs, Decent for Bots

Eruptor: Hard nerf on this weapon lately. Its decent but its nothing like its initial launch capability. Still has a tiny bit of splash damage but now you do have to focus on actually hitting your target. Still has the bughole / fab destruction property so still has some utility.

Crossbow: Hard nerf on what little remained of its capability. Not even really worth using at all.

Punisher Plasma: This is a REALLY good gun now. To the point I think its super underrated. They totally tweaked the lob system into something way more usable. Still has explosive properties and a decent amount of range, esp when you arc your shot. Can stagger Walkers and Devastators with ease.

Diligence Counter Sniper: This is also a pretty good gun right now. Excellent range and decent power output. Can put Bile Spewers down in 3 head shots, 5 to the body. Very useful primary sniper

Adjudicator: Gun is in a weird spot. It is better post patch but I would prob lean to the Counter Sniper for better accuracy and less recoil.

Scythe: The Scythe HAS been improved but only marginally. Not really that great for Bots. Way more effective with a Guard Dog Rover.

Dagger: Hey..... the Dagger can finally kill now..... Its still trash. needs a real buff. Worthless without Guard Dog

Laser Cannon: Kills really quick now, In a good spot.

Best Overall Primaries:

Scorcher
Blitzer
Sickle
Punisher Plasma
Breaker Incendiary
Dominator
Diligence Counter Sniper
OG Breaker (Hearing people going back to this)
Punisher
Pummeler

For Both:

Scorcher
Sickle
Punisher Plasma
Diligence Counter Sniper
Punisher
Dominator

For Bugs:

Blitzer
Breaker Incin

For Bots:
Dominator
Pummeler
DCS

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
It is a massive bummer to struggle through a particularly tough Helldive with only 3 players because people kept joining and dropping, make it to extraction with a ton of samples, and then the Pelican bugs out and refuses to take off. I basically just take that as my cue to shut the game off for the day at that point. They really need to fix that.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
It is a massive bummer to struggle through a particularly tough Helldive with only 3 players because people kept joining and dropping, make it to extraction with a ton of samples, and then the Pelican bugs out and refuses to take off. I basically just take that as my cue to shut the game off for the day at that point. They really need to fix that.

I definitely noticed that in our games, there are more issues when there are more than 2 players. I can count in one hand how many times we had weird issues when duoing. There must be plenty of network bugs remaining.

Of course the fewer players there is the more punishing the game becomes so there's that...

data

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed that this usually is an issue if there's corpses and stratagems basically terraforming the landing zone. It's a bit finnicky and annoying though I agree

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I know game is super hectic now for solo players due to bugged patrols...but I swear Helldive with four players now is legit some Doom shit. It's non stop combat.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Why would I only be allowed 3 stratagems when the rest of the team has 4? I know about planetary modifiers but that applies to everyone right ?