sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
I like this but I would advocate for the reverse:

Single ping for acknowledgement, double for engagement.
Yeah that could be a sensible default with the option to switch it around.

I'm on PC too, I just use the 'thumbs down' on the chat wheel which says negative. But not everyone gets the idea
Yeah I feel like the chat wheel responses are a bit broad in context. If you target the original enemy ping and use the chat wheel, is your response "attached" to the ping or does it just go on your own diver?

Shin Kojima

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if this will still be of help to some people but this is the first game to give me burn-in on my LG C8.
My oled light was only set to 51 but the health and stamina bars are now just always kind of visible as ghost images.
I lowered the hud brightness but it's obviously too late for me now.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Rail gun broken? It seems to randomly target enemies sometimes, not targeting the big things.
are you sure you mean the rail gun?
cause that's a gun you aim yourself, i do not see how it would target anything

Edit: of course you mean orbital railgun duh
I totally forgot that exists cause i never use it

Last edited:

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be honest I'm close tp dropping the game just based on how fucking dumb the player base are. 3 minutes I spent by a locked 2 man door with 3 players no more than 15 ft away, marking it repeatedly and not one person could even turn round. This sorta crap happens far too much on here for a coop game.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Gotta be honest I'm close tp dropping the game just based on how fucking dumb the player base are. 3 minutes I spent by a locked 2 man door with 3 players no more than 15 ft away, marking it repeatedly and not one person could even turn round. This sorta crap happens far too much on here for a coop game.
I had a level 29 the other day who didn't know how to do the coordinates on the missile launch.... I can only hope that they gave the controller to their 8 year old brother or something.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
..talk to them?

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had a level 29 the other day who didn't know how to do the coordinates on the missile launch.... I can only hope that they gave the controller to their 8 year old brother or something.
Weirdly that would bug me less I think lol. I guess it's cause they all seemed pretty capable but just wouldn't turn round. I wish they'd removed these 2 man doors at it happens more often than I get them open
In all honesty I can't even recall the last time I found people using VC without being in a private group unfortunately

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
huh, i have people with VC on basically every time I play with randoms, especially in diff 7+
pretty much just people being chill and coordinating
Tbh that was my experience for the first month or so, but I guess I'm not getting very lucky on that front or the region just doesn't use VC as much, if the servers are regional. I'm always on suicide mission or above though

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Feel like we are going to fail yet another MO. This is going to be like 3 or 4 out of the past 5 have been failed. Think they may need to lower the goal on some of these.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Happened to me today. Just used the mic and someone ran over. Pinging just pinged the additional ammo in the bunker. No one cared. "Hey, got a friendship bunker. Might have super credits," got them over. lol.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Happened to me today. Just used the mic and someone ran over. Pinging just pinged the additional ammo in the bunker. No one cared. "Hey, got a friendship bunker. Might have super credits," got them over. lol.
Yeah that raises a good point tbh. I usually just keep my mic muted when I notice nobody else is on voice chat but doesn't mean they won't hear me if I unmute and mention the bunker

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that raises a good point tbh. I usually just keep my mic muted when I notice nobody else is on voice chat but doesn't mean they won't hear me if I unmute and mention the bunker
Most times it takes one person to chat and other people start chatting as well. I can understand if you have a lady voice and don't want to, though.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Most times it takes one person to chat and other people start chatting as well. I can understand if you have a lady voice and don't want to, though.
Nah I'm a guy so 'fortunate' to not be subjected to the endless bullshit girl gamers endure, but the general toxic nature of chat in most games does piss me off and I'll often leave games behind over the community. So I typically sorta wait on a vibe check before jumping in.

Tbh it's why I usually dwell in FFXIV as the FC for era is very friendly to all genders and whether I'm the target or not the assholes online still get me fired up. This game being PvE is really the only reason I even use the headset as that alone keeps the toxicity in check to some degree

madwarrior

Feb 22, 2022
Feel like we are going to fail yet another MO. This is going to be like 3 or 4 out of the past 5 have been failed. Think they may need to lower the goal on some of these.

AH thought that the last MO failed because players hate to fight bots, so let's give folks a combined MO. We're gonna fail that too.

Also the 2bil bugs MO was bugged (heh), as it multiple the number of kills for each time in some weird way

Anson225

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still having a lot of fun with the game, but the subreddit is nothing but downer. Every post is saying I'm not playing anymore yet they keep posting there.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still having a lot of fun with the game, but the subreddit is nothing but downer. Every post is saying I'm not playing anymore yet they keep posting there.
Yeah, I used to browse it for the memes, but the mood has definitely changed. I don't have time to play right now but I'd rather avoid the bad vibes still.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
It's now apparent that AH fucked up with the patches in the eyes of most userbase. What they did to Eruptor was seriously unacceptable considering it's a premium weapon and the bleedout can only be stopped with good patches and well thought content.

Third enemy is going to bring back players but they need to change mentality ... plus like I was saying from the start - devs being on that discord 24/7 is indeed a disaster.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
In all honesty I can't even recall the last time I found people using VC without being in a private group unfortunately

Text chat then, the "follow me" option on the wheel does wonders too.

I need to stop going to the Reddit, it deteriorated faster than any community I've ever seen. It somehow hit rock bottom faster than Destinythegame which survived the first year of dual primaries lmao

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Text chat then, the "follow me" option on the wheel does wonders too.

I need to stop going to the Reddit, it deteriorated faster than any community I've ever seen. It somehow hit rock bottom faster than Destinythegame which survived the first year of dual primaries lmao
Oh yeah I keep forgetting there's a follow me on the wheel. I'll give that a try too next time. No surprise with reddit, the community that place fosters varies from mildly toxic to outright deranged

Achire

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to say how much of the decline in playerbase is natural and how much is related to balancing or the PSN "outrage". I would guess the lack of new content is the biggest issue, but at the same time the game's only been out for a few months and we have received a decent amount of content for that timeframe.

I'm having fun and I plan to keep playing on and off for a few years like I did with the original game. Plus I still want the Platinum.

madwarrior

Feb 22, 2022
The discord channel was fun in the beginning, but a month in and it went down the gutter. Nothing but negativity, whining and hate. Then the whole PSN/spitz issue and it became absolutely horrible.

Anyway, I just have one more achievement to get on steam, will work on it tonight. Maxed out on all mats but the 2nd lvl modules don't look that interesting so saving the mats.

Joined a bunch of randos of which 1 was kitted out the same as me. A firebug, we absolutely laid waste to all bugs on diff 7.

noodlesoup

Feb 21, 2018
Chicago, IL

View: https://x.com/Pilestedt/status/1793267296682520846?t=lfUGwHnhpZ2FY_yEQy21Ug&s=19

Hey everyone,

Big update, I've decided to hire @ShamsJorjani as the new CEO of @ArrowheadGS! We go way back and I wouldn't trust the business in any other hands than his. (...and he comes with an impressive resume and love for games)

But what about me and my involvement in @Helldivers2? Well, I'm glad you asked! I am taking the role of Chief Creative Officer, which means I will spend MORE time with the team and 100% of my focus on the games and community!

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Not like I'm liable to know but it seems like a good thing. Always felt like he had his finger on the pulse and maybe this was he can tweet less and make effective directives

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Next patch should be meaty right? I have other shit to play and waiting for some significant update to pick this up again

madwarrior

Feb 22, 2022
So with 82% completion of the MO and 12 hrs to go. Is gonna be close, but I think we're gonna lose this MO. But I hope not

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
I played a ton today to try to help contribute to the MO. It's moving too slowly though, don't think we are going to make it. :(