• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Plot: (As I remember it)
Cop gets sent back in time but it's a one way trip. He can never go back to his own time. So he communicates by placing ads in the newspaper and the Police Dept in the future reads the archives and sends his missions back to him. Also in this future white people have become a minority in the US and get called "Blancos" as a derogatory term. I searched for time travel shows and nothing looks familiar.

Wolffen

Oct 27, 2017
East coast
There was a Timecop series as well, I think, but based on the description it has to be Time Traxx, like Spectromixer posted. I vaguely remember watching that show.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Yah dude i loved this show. Coolest part was how they made the whole premise that in the future humans have evolved ever so slightly that they are just generally better, faster, stronger, smarter than average everyday humans. The Incredibles even jacked a scene out of this show - there is an episode about a mom and boy hiding out from future dad in the past. The little kid runs some insane time on track day and it gives away the fact that he's a future boy...

cool show.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see you duck sauce!

VEk9WJM.gif

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I most remember Time Trax because his weapon was his car-alarm keychain, and his partner was holograph Marry Poppins...

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
Yah dude i loved this show. Coolest part was how they made the whole premise that in the future humans have evolved ever so slightly that they are just generally better, faster, stronger, smarter than average everyday humans. The Incredibles even jacked a scene out of this show - there is an episode about a mom and boy hiding out from future dad in the past. The little kid runs some insane time on track day and it gives away the fact that he's a future boy...

cool show.

That's the episode I remember the most. Kid ran like a 8.6 in the 100 and blew his family cover. Me and my cousin even added the term "blanco" to our vocab (not in a demeaning way like the tv show) . I was about 14 or so and as a black kid it kinda stuck out that there was a future that wasn't dominated by white people. This is one of the first shows that did that it it stuck with me.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since this is a Time Trax thread, I must use this as an excuse to post the Tim Follin soundtrack from the unreleased Sega Genesis game:

This soundtrack is literally all I've ever experience of the show.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the 80s and 90s had so many random sci fi/fantasy shows. I wish I'd have appreciated them more at the time.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Before I even clicked on the thread I knew it'd be about Time Trax. The OP's description confirmed it. OP is definitely thinking of Time Trax.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Wait...is this the song they use? I thought it was the old NFL on NBC theme?

NBC bought the rights to it, and used it for a few other things over the years, but it's they use it before commercial breaks to announce upcoming events during the Olympics.

Composed by Randy Edelman, the distinctive theme music gained recognition beyond the show's following; in the mid-1990s, NBC Sports had commissioned Edelman to compose theme music for its NFL coverage. At the time, NBC had often used excerpts from film scores as theme music for its sports broadcasts, and had used a portion of Edelman's Gettysburg score for the Breeder's Cup. A portfolio Edelman sent NBC included the Brisco theme, and by 1996 it was being used during coverage of the Olympics. NBC used it again as the theme for their coverage of the 1997 World Series. Edelman said, "It was original, and it seemed to have the right spirit. It's got a very flowing melody, it's triumphant, and it has a certain warmth. And it has at the end of it, what all television things like this have, a 'button', an ending flourish that works really well if they need to chop it down into a 15-second thing."

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I was trying to find a show from when I was a kid, late 80s or early 90s. It was about a superhero type dude, that wore like a tech suit and helmet, he had a energy gun that looked like a night stick or something. I thought it was called Night Force or something like that but my Google Fu hasn't been able to find it.

One thing I remember is it looked like they filmed a ton of scenes for it in that Universal Studios brick alley set (you may know the one).

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Wow, blast from the past.... lots of crazy sci-fi shows.

Coincidentally, I had a dream last night that the team from Sliders slid into the Stargate SG-1 universe just as a Stargate activated. Their tracker read it as a wormhole so they ran through. This threw off their tracker and it no longer tracked the right wormholes, only Stargates, so they were stuck there. They became an SG team...

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
Loved time trax when I was a kid. Tried watching it a few years ago didn't age well at all.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
Since this is a Time Trax thread, I must use this as an excuse to post the Tim Follin soundtrack from the unreleased Sega Genesis game:

This soundtrack is literally all I've ever experience of the show.

Tim Follin cracks me up. Dude was clearly just making his own EDM albums and passing them off as soundtracks.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I'm suddenly reminded of an AWESOME, but short lived show in the late 90's called Nowhere Man, starring Bruce Greenwood. I caught the pilot on TV one time totally by accident, and I was immediately drawn in.

Nowhere Man is the story of photojournalist Thomas Veil, who discovers that his life has been abruptly "erased": his friends claim not to know him, his wife claims not to recognize him and is living with another man. His ATM cards and credit cards no longer work. His best friend turns up dead. His private studio is now owned by someone else. His mother, recovering from a stroke, is incapable of confirming his existence. He is ejected from his favorite restaurant as a total lunatic. In the course of a single evening, every trace of Tom's identity is gone.

Tom believes this is a conspiracy related to a photograph he took a year earlier, depicting four men being hanged in South America by what appear to be US soldiers. The only evidence Tom has of his past are the negatives of that photograph. A mysterious organization covertly pursues Tom in search of the negatives. The series revolves around Veil's attempts to get his life back by trying to find out more about the organization, while also trying to keep the negative safe.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm suddenly reminded of an AWESOME, but short lived show in the late 90's called Nowhere Man, starring Bruce Greenwood. I caught the pilot on TV one time totally by accident, and I was immediately drawn in.

Yoooooo! Nowhere Man was the shit! When he goes to the bathroom and comes back and the whole world is flipped, good shit. It was the only reason UPN was on in my house back then.

Deleted member 14459

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

haha, i was actually almost immediately thinking of this for some reason when reading through the thread. I always mention this and Carnivale whenever discussing series that were cancelled too soon.... I know The Prisoner was a huge influence when they developed NwM and struggles of production were also similar... the show is worth rewarching still -

Last edited:

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
It's not the 90's, but I would like this opportunity to plug two of my favourite time travel shows about cops:

1002004007099035.jpg

829.jpg

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not the 90's, but I would like this opportunity to plug two of my favourite time travel shows about cops:

1002004007099035.jpg

829.jpg

Its so funny how popular those shows were (more Life on Mars for people guessing what would happen) but now it's completely forgotten for the most part. I genuinely forgot about it myself until it was brought up.