Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Edit: Oh, it's about me hating celebrities, which is true. To give Weltall Zero some piece of mind, I dislike like the fawning here as well

e26.jpg

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
And I'll stand by it, I legitamately don't care for celebrity worship or that shit. Sure, not great behavior on my part, but nicer than apparently signaling to the world that I'm a misogynist.

It's absolutely not suspect at all that, of all the threads there have been on the forum about celebrities and videogames, you chose precisely the one about a well known feminist woman to shit on.

It's also absolutely not suspect that about a dozen other people also chose precisely that thread too.

You're welcome; I know someone needed to tell you.

May 17, 2019
It's absolutely not suspect at all that, of all the threads there have been on the forum about celebrities and videogames, you chose precisely the one about a well known feminist woman to shit on.

You're welcome; I know someone needed to tell you.

I'm sorry, but what in the actual hecko are you talking about? Is this about the bizarre Captain Marvel-gate thing from two years ago? So, you drew from one post that I hate women? I'm sorry, but what? Please explain, I'm legitametly a little offended. Did I give off a wrong impression or something?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Very cool, the process of putting together your own PC is daunting but dude went for it.
Yeah I build my first and only pc so far in 2014 and it was a very intimidating task as this was uncharted territory for me and even had a scare of it not working when I turned it on but it turned out I didn't wait long enough and it booted up all the way. I've only opened it up three times since once to upgrade to an rtx 2060 in 2019, to put a sound card with a digital output so I can run my ps4 audio through also in 2019 and just this past Sunday to put a 1 tb ssd in.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm sorry, but what in the actual hecko are you talking about? Is this about the bizarre Captain Marvel-gate thing from two years ago? So, you drew from one post that I hate women? I'm sorry, but what? Please explain, I'm legitametly a little offended. Did I give off a wrong impression or something?

I was wondering out loud why the Brie Larson got a dozen posts shitting on it when Cavill's, Black's etc. get zero. If you have an alternate theory that explains the dissonance, I'm all ears.

You're the one that called him here... Presumably to ask his opinion on this thread.
This is a really weird post. Didn't you call him here to just to tell you he doesn't like thing?

So you guys are going to act as if I wasn't referring to his original drive-by, and how it's perfectly possible to dislike things and not thread whine about them. OK.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
The meme about people freaking about thermal paste is real. Gamer Nexus have demonstrated that there is no performance advantages between thermal paste applications. It's only bad if you put too little. Even if you dumped a whole tube it still fine.
With the caveat that as long as the thermal material's non-conductive, which is what most people are using. If someone bought conductive thermal material and it oozed out onto the board, that wouldn't be great.

May 17, 2019
I was wondering out loud why the Brie Larson got a dozen posts shitting on it when Cavill's, Black's etc. get zero. If you have an alternate theory that explains the dissonance, I'm all ears.

Well, the internet hatestorm from two years ago definitely shows that a ton of chuds have formed a vocal hatedom around her, but the assumption that I was part of that was strange. Alternate answers:
1. People hate celebrity fawning
2. I was having a bad day and lashed out on the internet
3. People hadn't seen this thread
4. I just didn't care enough to repeat last time and wanted people to just have their fun
5. People learnt a lesson from last time
6. People don't like tweet threads

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
  1. be nice to Brie Larson, dammit
  2. be nice to Henry Cavill too
  3. just like be nice to people c'mon
  4. I am genuinely surprised that Kraken water cooler doesn't have the option to flip the screen in software, does the water cooling work better/only in one mount orientation or something?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Well, the internet hatestorm from two years ago definitely shows that a ton of chuds have formed a vocal hatedom around her, but the assumption that I was part of that was strange. Alternate answers:
1. People hate celebrity fawning
2. I was having a bad day and lashed out on the internet
3. People hadn't seen this thread
4. I just didn't care enough to repeat last time and wanted people to just have their fun
5. People learnt a lesson from last time
6. People don't like tweet threads

Absolutely none of that explains the dissonance in backlash between male and female celebrities admitting to gaming (not just talking about Larson; the AOC / LOL thread got a disproportionate share of shitposts as well).

If it just so happened that you chose that one thread to voice your discontent, you could at the very least acknowledge the blatant underlying trend.

TouchOfGray

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The people in here that have been trying to derail a COMPLETELY inoffensive thread and shit it up from the get go is what is wrong with this fucking forum.

Miserable fucks.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Good grief what is happening. Pointing out double standards is fine, but shitting up a wholesome thread is not the way, guys.

Can y'all chill, thanks~

May 17, 2019
Absolutely none of that explains the dissonance in backlash between male and female celebrities admitting to gaming (not just talking about Larson; the AOC / LOL thread got a disproportionate share of shitposts as well).

If it just so happened that you chose that one thread to voice your discontent, you could at the very least acknowledge the blatant underlying trend.

Of course there is sexism in these threads an gaming communities. Just take a look at the esport threads. I did note that the sexism and hatedom exists around Larson several times and there is no need to be so insultingly incredulous. You were the one who called me here.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Can go anywhere it fits. Personally prefer it on top so it's blowing away any dust that might fall in and leave the front for intake.

I bet you they're bloody expensive ugly curtains.
Ooh. If you put it in front do you have to set it to intake then? I guess it would also depend on the case. My case only has a spot for a fan towards the back of the top

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really want that Kraken now just for the LCD display. Anyone know the model?

Oct 27, 2017
  1. be nice to Brie Larson, dammit
  2. be nice to Henry Cavill too
  3. just like be nice to people c'mon
  4. I am genuinely surprised that Kraken water cooler doesn't have the option to flip the screen in software, does the water cooling work better/only in one mount orientation or something?

The placement of the CPU block doesn't matter, but when mounting the radiator vertical some say it's recommended to have the tubes on the bottom. Something about air bubbles getting trapped in the top getting sucked into the pump and causing extra noise, but I think it varies model to model.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps nobody paged the thread police yet. Daniel Westlake, Tookay, robotrock, HooAmEye, Footos22, Tovarishch Nix, KinoKino, Heromanz; anything to object to, or is it only an issue when it's about a woman?
I would of said the same thing here too but I would of got a ban. I already got warned the first time. I accepted that and moved on. No point going back to the thread and digging an even deeper hole.

I like Brie Larson and I like Henry Cavill. I don't worship them but I like their work The Witcher is the best thing on Netflix and I've never played a witcher game in my life. Writing ok in her thread isn't cos I hate feminists or her. I could of wrote "that's cool" Or "neat" or even put an exclamation mark after it and it would of meant the same thing to me. Interpretation is a funny thing. You do you though and look on from behind the ironic ban hammer.