• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
(Yeah I'm still ranting about this, trying to make some noise so someone notices and adds it back because it's annoying...)
So a few days ago I went to check on my open orders (which I use for release dates/when something will get billed/see WHAT I have on order) when I found out that... they removed it, in favor of a "Local Store Order" filter. Why they added a feature like that for like the 5 stores across the country, in favor over the other filter (and not just keeping BOTH), who knows. Some theorize people were abusing it and cancelling orders a lot, but not that I'll ever understand what the big brains in corporate thought :/ All I know is that it's annoying, and I'm glad I also keep a text list of my orders... just in case.

So yeah, you can ONLY filter your orders through date and have to go through all your purchases/already delivered items too. It's dumb :/ I barely even order as much on Amazon anymore, but it seems beyond silly to remove what I would consider is a pretty essential feature. Best Buy's website has a ton of filters and they seem to have it work...

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Why the hell would they take that out

EDIT: I actually just got it to reappear by clicking on "Buy Again", weird

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Freak that's annoying, did they just now get rid of it because I swear it was there a few days ago. I hope they bring it back because I also used it a lot.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering about this the other day as I frequently have stuff I want to check on that I ordered months ago.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, what a terrible change to make. All it does is dis-incentivize me from placing long term orders with them.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I was internally ranting about this when I discovered it yesterday. If it sticks I'll probably move further away from Amazon than I already am. Not being able to easily track and manage pre-orders or back ordered items is pretty shitty. Makes me think that they want you to lose track of that stuff so you're less likely to modify/cancel an order.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I was wondering about that. I wanted to look at what I had pending, and I couldn't see what I had preordered.

DenverCo

Feb 21, 2019
Denver
I wish Amazon would do a better job of not selling fake products. Often times I look for a product and only to find out its fake from the reviews.

Oct 25, 2017
it's a horrible change and I am cancelling some preorders and moving them to other vendors
because nobody has time to manually track this stuff by hand

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
It's a dumb as hell decision to remove it. I guarantee more people used it than the "Local Store Orders" tab they replaced it with

Oct 25, 2017
I asked amazon support about it and they were just like "are you sure your orders havent just already shipped?"

bruh

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Wow, what the absolute fuck. I have years old preorders that I now have to search? This shit needs to be fixed ASAP or it's going to cost them a ton of money in returns when they send me (and millions of others) books and games I completely forgot about.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are you fucking serious?

I noticed it has been gone for awhile on the app, but didn't think the site was going to remove it too. Fuck that.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm bumping this thread because I just discovered this today and I'm so mad. Why would I want to look at local store orders and not my open orders for Amazon across the boad???

Is this some sort of way to de-incentivize people from cancelling orders if they have to dig for them in their order history?

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I'm bumping this thread because I just discovered this today and I'm so mad. Why would I want to look at local store orders and not my open orders for Amazon across the boad???

Is this some sort of way to de-incentivize people from cancelling orders if they have to dig for them in their order history?
This is so awful
more people need to talk about this

There is no benefit for anyone in this change other than for Amazon themselves,
them hoping that you forget your ordered
something and then just keep it even though you maybe didnt need it at that moment anymore.

For me it just disincentivises me from preordering something further in advance on there.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Thats so weird that you have to click "Buy Again" before the option shows up for open orders.

New002

Oct 25, 2017

Also just noticed this recently and was annoyed. Googled "Amazon open orders" and this was the top link, which is a workaround at least.

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC
I find the open orders tab to be really useful and am baffled as to why they moved it. I tried to find a contact for general bitching to provide feedback and didn't have much luck there. What the hell, Amazon?

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
I wish Amazon would do a better job of not selling fake products. Often times I look for a product and only to find out its fake from the reviews.
Assuming that the reviews are actually for that product, and not one of the half dozen semi related items on the same listing.... Or a completely different item, somehow

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
So is there a new best practice here? Not being able to see your open orders at a glance is annoying. Are they hoping people forget to cancel stuff and don't bother with a return?

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So is there a new best practice here? Not being able to see your open orders at a glance is annoying. Are they hoping people forget to cancel stuff and don't bother with a return?

Somebody provided a workaround link a few posts up. Also the app will show your open orders first, but of course you don't know if it was a purchase with bundled items until you click through to view order details which is tedious on the app...

And yes, that is probably the reason they did it. Easier to get money from people who forget about their preorders.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah its weird, I always cancel things that I forgot I preordered on that page. Maybe that's why they got rid of it lol

Oct 27, 2017
Glad folks are discussing this, dropping the tab is such a poor (and obviously intentional) move.

I went ahead and cancelled some pricier preorders I had with Amazon (thanks for posting the link!), save one I know is coming up. If I really need 'em, I'll find them in the Cancelled Orders tab, which I almost never use.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been putting "No more open orders tab" in the reason box when I cancel something.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Noticed the a couple weeks back and it pissed me off. Glad I'm not the only one.

Also glad to see I know have a link to bookmark from this thread. Thanks!

Rukes

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
FYI this is fixed at least in the iOS app now; the order view defaults to showing your open orders first then the "past three months" of filled orders after. Hopefully at least the desktop site follows the same way.

karmaforgotme

Oct 27, 2017
Knoxville, TN
FYI this is fixed at least in the iOS app now; the order view defaults to showing your open orders first then the "past three months" of filled orders after. Hopefully at least the desktop site follows the same way.

I actually like the way it is done in the iOS app now. I hope they do make the desktop default the same way. My original thought was they stopped making it easy to view open orders to make it harder to cancel them (I have like 4 pages of open orders when using the link), but looking at the new way the iOS app is working they have made it more obvious.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017

Mine doesn't do this, there is no way in the app for me to find my 4 year old Metroid Prime 4 preorder without searching for it.