• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nintendoeverything.com

PlatinumGames hopes to give an update on Bayonetta 3 and more in 2021

When PlatinumGames is asked about Bayonetta 3, you tend to get the same response. Aside from the studio constantly reassuring fans that development is going well, we haven’t really heard much about the game. That’s been the case since the project was originally announced at The Game Awards in...
During one of the recent Arcade Archives streams, Kamiya – who is known for his appreciation of classic games – had a phone conversation with Hamster boss Satoshi Hamada. Kamiya ended up suggesting that there could be a status update on Bayonetta 3 and other upcoming titles from the studio in 2021.
Hamada: I believe that you're very busy with new projects?

Kamiya: Well, I suppose… we've been working on new stuff like Bayonetta 3, not that I can say too much… but I hope we can give an update during the year.

Hamada: I see.

Kamiya: – and give updates on a few more unannounced projects too. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say that, but I said it anyway.

Hamada: (laughing hysterically) Ah, so that's how it is, huh?

Kamiya: The point is – I'm trying to do a lot of stuff this year.

Hamada: Got you! Thank you for the comment.

Kamiya: Please keep an eye on us. I'm hoping to bring some hype to this industry.

Hamada: I hope so too! I really would like to see you succeed in making AAA games. Meanwhile, we will focus more on classic games.

Kamiya: I'll do my best, thanks.

looks like 2019 2020 2021 is the year we'll finally hear some updates on bayo 3.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Updates on Bayo 3? I was kind of hoping for the actual game this year. I guess thats not happening

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Bayonetta 3 never should've been announced as early as it was. We've gotten nothing since that announcement teaser.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's safe to assume Bayonetta 3 won't be coming out this year, then, if Kamiya expects to update us on its progress later.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Updates on Bayo 3? I was kind of hoping for the actual game this year. I guess thats not happening
So it's safe to assume Bayonetta 3 won't be coming out this year, then, if Kamiya expects to update us on its progress later.
it could still release this year, if we get a proper update before mid-year. nintendo usually has pretty short windows from reveal to release (see astral chain, link's awakening remake, age of calamity, origami king, mario maker 2, etc). all released in the same year they were announced or properly revealed.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
For the amount of time Bayo 3 takes i hope the Game is notably different compared to the other Games. If it's not directed by Kamiya i don't have high hopes for the combat being better than in the second Game, but if they go a different direction they could dodge having to compete with the excellence of the first Game.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Bayonetta 3 never should've been announced as early as it was. We've gotten nothing since that announcement teaser.

Metroid Prime 4 fans:

giphy.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Over/under on that getting shitcanned? That premier footage looked rough and the supposed follow up/proper reveal to that is now more than half a year late.

Yeah. I honestly don't know what they're doing with it. Sony and Square seem to not want to talk about it at all and nobody seems to ask Platinum about it in interviews.

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
It's a bit silly that the gap between Bayo 2 and 3 is going to end up being much larger than the gap between 1 and 2. It's already at over 6 years, compared to less than 5 previously. Nintendo taking over the franchise was meant to make it easier to make the games.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hopes to give an update? Yeesh, what's up with this game? I really hope this means Bayo 3 is something quite different and not just another standard sequel. It's hard to imagine it is at this point.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Knowing Nintendo they're holding off on announcing anything about Bayo 3 until they know they're close to a release.

Knowing Square Enix, who knows what the hell's up with Babylon's Fall.

I wouldn't read too much into Kamiya's comments either way, it's a standard reply to give when you're NDA bound and he probably can't say much at all.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
The only way I can see Bayo 3 dev progressing smoothly is if they literally started working on the game as soon as it was announced.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Bayo 3 probably just takes so long because no one at Platinum wants to tell Kamiya that this time they won't include a shitty shmup section.

It's a bit silly that the gap between Bayo 2 and 3 is going to end up being much larger than the gap between 1 and 2. It's already at over 6 years, compared to less than 5 previously. Nintendo taking over the franchise was meant to make it easier to make the games.
There's a big difference between a project that was rescued after being cancelled a good ways into development and having to make one from the ground up on brand new hardware with new ideas in place. Nintendo saving the series never meant we'd be getting the games faster: it meant that we'd be getting the games, period.

Babylon's Fall, on the other hand... things aren't looking too hot there, are they.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
regarding babylon's fall, they were planning on giving updates in summer 2020 but had to postpone for some reason. pretty crazy that they announced the game in 2018 with a 2019 date. bayo 3 at least was never given a release window.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
The only way I can see Bayo 3 dev progressing smoothly is if they literally started working on the game as soon as it was announced.
This is what happened with Shin Megami Tensei V so I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo asked ATLUS and Capcom to announce these games in the Switch launch year to drive up demand from hardcore fans.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Even if they had literally nothing prior to the tga trailer we should have seen something last year considering it's a sequel to a franchise made by a studio that was famous for their fast turnaround time.