• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https:///hideki-kamiya-responds-to-player-who-demanded-astral-chain-for-playstation-4/

In the last few days, angry gamers all over the world review bombed Astral Chain on Metacritic just because it was exclusive to Nintendo Switch.

A Japanese Twitter user, who really wanted the game to come to PlayStation 4, tried their luck by asking none other than PlatinumGames director Hideki Kamiya himself. This is what he asked Kamiya (translated by NintendoSoup):

"Why wasn't Astral Chain released for PS4? Do you hate PlayStation?"
And this is what he said (translated by NintendoSoup):
"Why… would be great to have Mario, Zelda, and Metroid (on PS4) too but…As for do I hate PlayStation… I'm just a developer fulfilling my contractual obligations so I don't know, maybe you can try asking my publisher and investor Nintendo?"

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how shitty people have been about this I'm totally fine with Kamiya clapping back.

May 13, 2019
Kamiya's previous reply to someone asking for a port of Bayonetta 2 was more or less the same. He also told them to ask for a PS port of Mario and Zelda while they were at it.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess working with Nintendo has soften Kamiya up, he didn't even say he was blocked.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
This man is such an odd duck... He responds to innocuous comments with vitriol, and he responds to pure idiocy with civility.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, just buy a switch if you are that thirsty for its games.

Same will happen for Bayonetta 3

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Kamiya's response is fine, I would have answered way worse.

Why are people not using their brains ? This game was only possible because Nintendo funded it, I am suprised Kamiya did not block him immediately.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You know, Platinum Games games that are exclusive to Nintendo really going peoples' gears huh? Straightforward answer from Kamiya though, so that's nice.

Odinsmana

Mar 13, 2019
I don't know that much about Kamiya but why is he so mean to people on Twitter?

People ask hin a lot of really dumb questions and he seems to be really tired of it. It does also seem like his twitter persona is a bit of a charachter since everything I have heard about him in person/real life makes him seem like a really nice guy.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't know how y'all are calling him a jerk.

He's on Twitter and he works in the games industry...come the fuck on.

He's not a jerk.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's always the same drama everytime a Nintendo console gets a 3rd party exclusive.

It's the same drama when any of the big three get exclusives. I'm always in the camp of just buy the console to play it on. But the the pushback is wouldn't you want to play everything on one system. I always say no becuase competition is good and lead to fun new titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.