Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Not a fan of hers but she's definitely an intelligent, interesting person to hear from. Were those interviews any good?

Oct 26, 2017
How do you like relitigating 2016?
87dge6pvrfs11.gif

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to get too into here, but that was a fantastic interview. Howard got much more than I expected. It was a pleasure to listen to during my commute.

She is very well spoken, meanwhile Biden embarrasses himself every debate.

ClydeBonFrog

Apr 17, 2018
Not going to get too into here, but that was a fantastic interview. Howard got much more than I expected. It was a pleasure to listen to during my commute.

She is very well spoken, meanwhile Biden embarrasses himself every debate.

I agree. While I think she wasn't a very good presidential candidate, and she's too much of a centrist for me, this was actually a good interview that humanized her, and Stern is just great at what he does. She should of went on in 2016 when they asked this would of went a way to humanizing her.

Oct 25, 2017
She got a suppressed turnout all on her own. Sanders supporters didn't peel off any more votes than her own did to obama. It shouldn't have been enough to meaningfully influence an election that would be a slam dunk blowout for a popular candidate.

Sanders also got the DNC to change the superdelegate rules because of his run, and energized a more youthful and left leaning branch of the dem party for the future. All Hillary does is subtweet these days about how people don't like her enough. Very cool.

huh? There wasn't suppressed turnout. She had the third highest votes for a presidential candidate ever, just behind Obama. I guess you can argue that there was suppressed turnout in some states, but a big part of that is from Republican voter suppression tactics.

2008 Obama: 69,498,516

2012 Obama: 65,915,795

2016 Clinton: 65,853,514 (48.2%)

2016 Trump: 62,984,828 (46.1%)

source: wikipedia

She beat Trump by 2,868,686 votes or 2.1% of the popular vote.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can you explain how "ghoul" is a sexist term, or are you going to continue to diminish actual sexism?
I'm trying to avoid derailing the thread too much, but if calling her a witch is sexist than moving one step from that should be too. Mocking her voice is apparently a 3 day, and in a previous thread calling her a cunt is worth just a warning, so I'm not sure how the grading in this class works.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you explain how "ghoul" is a sexist term, or are you going to continue to diminish actual sexism?
Eh, it could be a dog whistle, a replacement word for something more sexist, but I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt. Hillary threads are so full of insane amounts of vitriol that it's hard to tell sometimes whether insults are for sincere political differences or just outright sexism. Maybe both. And unfortunately, as loquaciousJenny has pointed out, the moderation isn't always very consistent on how it's dealt with.

Last edited:

jml

Mar 9, 2018
huh? There wasn't suppressed turnout. She had the third highest votes for a presidential candidate ever, just behind Obama. I guess you can argue that there was suppressed turnout in some states, but a big part of that is from Republican voter suppression tactics.

2008 Obama: 69,498,516

2012 Obama: 65,915,795

2016 Clinton: 65,853,514 (48.2%)

2016 Trump: 62,984,828 (46.1%)

source: wikipedia

This isn't really a good stat to use. The country's population is always growing so she'd better have had one of the highest vote totals of all time. Even from 2004 to 2016 the country grew by 30 million people.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to avoid derailing the thread too much, but if calling her a witch is sexist than moving one step from that should be too. Mocking her voice is apparently a 3 day, and in a previous thread calling her a cunt is worth just a warning, so I'm not sure how the grading in this class works.
How is a ghoul one step away from witch?

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
If somebody called her an ogre you think that wouldn't be sexist? You're calling her and ugly monster, it's open shut obvious, stop playing dumb.

People call politicians and political actors they don't Iike ghouls. It's not different, in terms of offensiveness, if I say it about Hill-Dawg than if I say it about Pete Buttigieg, Jair Bosonaro, Rudy Giuliani, or Donald Trump, all of whom I've called ghouls in the last week.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the first two minutes begin with sucking off Henry Kissinger, who is an actual ghoul and looks like one too, so I dunno what that makes Hillary. Some kind of hobgoblin or draugr? Lizard person, or too obvious?

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
she also misgenders Caitlyn Jenner and engages in a lengthy conversation that repeatedly uses her deadname in part five. yet some of y'all will keep defending her "valid concerns" about trans people bullshit

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
she also misgenders Caitlyn Jenner and engages in a lengthy conversation that repeatedly uses her deadname in part five. yet some of y'all will keep defending her "valid concerns" about trans people bullshit

For some people, Hillary is a special, privileged person and she can do stuff like this and it is "fine" even though other people doing it would be "problematic".

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ah yes, it's Bernie's fault that Hillary lost because he endorse her "too late". He still endorsed her and she was running against fucking Donald Trump, one of the most disastrous campaigns in history, and still lost. Like, that's just testament to how bad her campaign was.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For some people, Hillary is a special, privileged person and she can do stuff like this and it is "fine" even though other people doing it would be "problematic".
The fuck there are actual Hillary Stans?
i really implore everyone, especially people that continue to defend this person, to listen to the full interview. she defends Richard Nixon and says the difference between now and the Nixon era is that "Republicans followed the law." she says it was good for Gerald Ford to pardon Nixon because it allowed the nation to move on. she refers to Caitlyn Jenner as "he." her entire argument against Trump is based around her love and respect for the US military. her politics are essentially that of a 1970s era Republican. how can you keep defending this person?

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was a pretty good interview, I watched the first 3 parts and skipped thru some of part 4 and 5. I don't think this type of interview would have changed anything for the 2016 election. She would have gotten just as much blow back for speaking out like she did when she called a percentage of Trumps base "deplorables."

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
gotta love how it starts with them both agreeing that Henry Kissinger is "the gold standard" and "a brilliant guy." god, what absolutely reprehensible human beings
OK, did she actually do this? Because if they are praising Kissinger than yeah, they are praising a full-on war criminal. Hitchens actually made a very good critique of Kissinger and his foreign policy, especially in Vietnam and Chile.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OK, did she actually do this? Because if they are praising Kissinger than yeah, they are praising a full-on war criminal. Hitchens actually made a very good critique of Kissinger and his foreign policy, especially in Vietnam and Chile.
just listen to the full interview lol it's in the very beginning of the first part. i'm not making this shit up
i really implore everyone, especially people that continue to defend this person, to listen to the full interview. she defends Richard Nixon and says the difference between now and the Nixon era is that "Republicans followed the law." she says it was good for Gerald Ford to pardon Nixon because it allowed the nation to move on. she refers to Caitlyn Jenner as "he." her entire argument against Trump is based around her love and respect for the US military. her politics are essentially that of a 1970s era Republican. how can you keep defending this person?

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's within the first two minutes. i stopped watching after that.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
"How many tide pods do I need to eat to get on this level" is amazing, lol.

Oct 25, 2017

Literally the first two minutes. Her and Kissinger are besties and have been for decades.

When he eventually croaks (NINETY SIX YEARS OLD) you'll be able to make a pretty easy "pay no mind" list to anyone who reiterates he's a great statesman and an honorable man in 2073 or whenever his lich phylactery breaks or runs out of global south child souls

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Literally the first two minutes. Her and Kissinger are besties and have been for decades.

When he eventually croaks (NINETY SIX YEARS OLD) you'll be able to make a pretty easy "pay no mind" list to anyone who reiterates he's a great statesman and an honorable man in 2073 or whenever his lich phylactery breaks or runs out of global south child souls
Yeah, I know they were friends, but like people are still supporting her here and saying the interview was "fantastic" even after that when her praising him and his policies is literally her endorsing murdering of civilians.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Imagine getting your pants in a twist over defending Jeff Bezos and calling continually bringing up tax avoidance a "familiar riff"

Whenever I'm frustrated at UK politics and go to have a look at America or get involved in one or two topics about America I'm reminded how fucked your country actually is and the rampant desire for the status quo.

Go Corbyn. These rich elitist fucks really do love their virtue signalling through on a whim charity schemes.

Stop trying to make people think your good people and actually contribute to society and the downtrodden in a substantive way that actually helps everyone.

I know these billionaires will never do it on their own, but im glad the facade of "feel good" stories about donating personal wealth is crashing down.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know they were friends, but like people are still supporting her here and saying the interview was "fantastic" even after that when her praising him and his policies is literally her endorsing murdering of civilians.

Well if she refuted Kissingers image among the worst people alive it would also be refuting her husbands dogshit indistinguishable from Kissinger foreign policy so why even try

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Fucking yuck.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well if she refuted Kissingers image among the worst people alive it would also be refuting her husbands dogshit indistinguishable from Kissinger foreign policy so why even try
Again, it's not her saying that that really surprises me, it was that I read people in this thread still praising her and saying how well-spoken she was after doing so, like they failed to even think critically about what she said at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Again, it's not her saying that that really surprises me, it was that I read people in this thread still praising her and saying how well-spoken she was after doing so, like they failed to even think critically about what she said at all.

Its because there was never really a reckoning or re-examination of Bill Clinton and his generation of Democrats among Democratic voters.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Christo Aivalis is still a small time Youtuber, but I think he really sees through the bullshit of the wealthiest people. This video really lays into the absolutely insulting equivocation of calling for universal health care or tuition to a child calling for free chocolate milk and pizza at elementary school that Clinton and Stern make on their program. Succinct and biting.

"Basic human rights are not chocolate milk"

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017

How about "Hillary Clinton is a despicable human being"? That cool? That's what I think of her.

ebs

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

And on top of all this she yet again shows that she cant take responsibility for the 2016 election, and tries to pass the buck onto Bernie. She was always an atrocious candidate and the rabid, niche fandom surrounding her was too enamoured with the idea of a woman president to realise they were trying to elect someone who's actions have consistently been in opposition to their ideology.

Status
Not open for further replies.