Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
https://shop.massappeal.com

QUZwRWi.png

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say out of the three albums Kanye announced, one will come out on time. We'll get Kanye's solo album in June (maybe not on the 1st), Pusha T will get a pity release date in November, and the Kanye/Cudi joint will never come out (thankfully).
I'm guessing the reverse. It's been 3 years since Pusha's last tape, almost 5 since his last album, and it's been teased enough that I bet it's pretty much locked down. On the other hand Ye has a habit of working on shit forever and down to (and past) the last minute - TLOP's tracklist was changing days before release and he didn't even bother giving a date, Yeezus was getting worked on til like a week before it came out, Good Ass Job took so long it wound up becoming a MBDTF after a few years - so I won't be surprised if his date changes. That Cudi thing is indeed staying in a vault tho methinks

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Pusha is the least likely to get delayed.

Also might have the the highest expectations given all the different things we've heard about it.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
the new j.cole album should be up on spotify at midnight, right?

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
2018 albums:
- Father
- Gucci Mane
- Travis Scott
- Playboi Carti
- A$AP Rocky
- Denzel Curry
- Freddie Gibbs & Madlib
- Action Bronson
- Big Sean (likely, since he pushed his tour back to focus on new music)
- ScHoolboy Q
- Isaiah Rashad
- Jay Rock

Wow, 2018 is looking ridiculously stacked.

Damn I didn't know about all this, looking good

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
FRIENDS seems pretty good based off a first lesson. he gives a pretty impassioned performance.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Personally feel the album gets alot better after ATM.

Not sure if it's because its late but I couldn't get into the first 4 tracks at all.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is mediocre
It's fake woke nigga bullshit bout drug use and fucking christ Photograph is a creepy song

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
the new 6lack, Khalid, and Ty Dolla Sign track smooth as fuck

going straight to the sleeping quarters' designated selection of sonic collages

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
I think Cole is done, and I blame Kanye. All Kanye had to do was take a picture with this nigga, let him ghostwrite something, whatever. Instead he basically ignored him from the jump. Now Cole out here hating the industry to the point he has created his own bubble where only him and his fans exist. In this bubble collaboration doesn't exist, he's a one man army on a mission to sing as many hooks off key as possible.

Multiple albums now and he hasn't really improved as a producer. Kanye could have helped him man.

And Cole got married too, and had a kid. This dude needs to be fucking thots and living life with no obligations. Getting married is only gonna make him even more joyless and stuck up.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Man, "Cut Off" has the most annoying chorus I heard in a minute. I knew he was done when he had that space-age conversation with Adam22. Even Adam was like "Da fuck". And then is followed by "ATM" Same annoying flow once again. "Motivat8" He makes Trippie Redd sound like a linguistic professor with that hook "Butter Plate, Butter Plate, Butter Plate" That's all I hear. "Brackets" Is soooooo good. "
Niggas hating on me, I ain't used to that
Know a couple people wanna shoot for that
I say "No, no, no, chill, it ain't no need for that"
Them niggas tryna blow and ain't no need for that
And if it work for them, well sh*t, I'm cool with that
'Cause how they feel, I ain't got sh*t to do with that
I just sit back on cool and watch my paper stack
And trip off how much bread them crackers take from that

"Once An Addict" I really just want the instrumental. Is a 3min track, but it feels short as hell. It has a great vibe to it. I don't like it or hate it. "Friends" Again, another track with an annoying flow that so happens to have Kill Edward on it again. "Window Pain" is a straight banger. Flow, Beat, and energy. My favorite. "1985" is a track I wanted to like. But it feels like Deja Vu. Like "I heard this track already" Still a great track but not digging it. I forgot about "Photograph" Is a great track when it starts and then...Mumble shit without the autotune at the 1:10 minute mark. Could've been a great track to smash too. But no, he had to go into that nonsense flow. So yeah. I only like two tracks.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
2018 albums:
- Father
- Gucci Mane
- Travis Scott
- Playboi Carti
- A$AP Rocky
- Denzel Curry
- Freddie Gibbs & Madlib
- Action Bronson
- Big Sean (likely, since he pushed his tour back to focus on new music)
- ScHoolboy Q
- Isaiah Rashad
- Jay Rock

Wow, 2018 is looking ridiculously stacked.
I'll believe a lot of these when I see them. I also don't care about a few of em. I'm a skeptic.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah half way through this j cole and every song so far as just been weak as hell. And yeah the chorus to the cutoff is fucking annoying garbage, came extremely close to skipping the song.

Dunno why he is trying to sound like some trap rapper. Shit is terrible

Vorheez

Oct 27, 2017
I think Cole is done, and I blame Kanye. All Kanye had to do was take a picture with this nigga, let him ghostwrite something, whatever. Instead he basically ignored him from the jump. Now Cole out here hating the industry to the point he has created his own bubble where only him and his fans exist. In this bubble collaboration doesn't exist, he's a one man army on a mission to sing as many hooks off key as possible.

Multiple albums now and he hasn't really improved as a producer. Kanye could have helped him man.

And Cole got married too, and had a kid. This dude needs to be fucking thots and living life with no obligations. Getting married is only gonna make him even more joyless and stuck up.

This post is hilarious and insightful, wouldn't expect any less from PD tho. I'm always taken back a bit by your analysis of shit, it's great stuff

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, right.

Gonna check out the Cole album later. Let's see if it's as bad as you guys say, lol. I didn't get the hate for 4 Your Eyez Only. Actually was the first Cole album I liked as much. Still going back to it occasionally.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed the new Cole tape.

Not as much as FHD. But a much more than 4YEO, Born Sinner and SS.

Mixtape Cole remains his best. FHD is up there.

1985 has me looking forward to his next project.

Edit- having said all this, i wish he'd come with the same energy as false prophets, everybody dies and high for hours. Even his last few verses have been brilliant stuff. Bring that energy for a whole tape. But it feels coles in a place where hes happy with making the music he wants too. He has a solid fanbase who will pick this stuff up too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.