• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know what to say anymore. What the fuck is going on. Ye is having an episode of some sorts.

Ye is legit one of my heroes, man. He's the artists artist, and there are few that have sway over culture like he does, and codifies the frustrations of being a creative in ways that other creatives really identify, which is why his fanbase and influence is felt so deeply amongst other artists. Y'all know I stan above and beyond the call of duty.

But.. the word of the week is complicit. These past 2 years we know all-too-well the power of misusing platform, privilege, not being cognizant of consequences, normalization, and pretty much every Trump-ism. He's having issues with his mental health, he's out of touch, he's always been this way - whatever it is, I cannot tolerate irresponsibility and actions that contribute to hate and negative outcomes even if they're disguised as love.

Where peterboy at?
It's like we're watching him meltdown on Twitter. He needs some help and his phone taken away.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Like, who do we even blame for this? I know the dude is in a bad mental place, but who hit this nigga with the Get Out teacup hypnosis?

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't lie, today's been really shitty because of this news.

I'm going to echo what Enzo said, and that Kanye's life is inspirational. The man went up against the stereotypes of rap and came out victorious, he challenged whether or not rap could be pop and won, he faced the traditional rigidity of high fashion and won, and now he's doing this. Kanye was the artist's artist, someone who tried their damndest to escape the confines of being a "rapper". To his credit, he's doing it still with this nonsense, but this demonstrated callousness towards the people that make up his fanbase that aren't white is shit. But, hey, the vulnerable don't buy sneakers & merch as much as rich entitled white/Asian kids, so fuck them.

I hope he gets raked over the coals for this, and I just want Desus & Mero to cook him for this shit. So if Kanye wants be God Emperor MegaCuck Soyboy III, fuck him and fuck his music.

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
Kanye clearly going through a psychosis state. First you feel like you are invincible, a literal god. This is more or less confirmed by his Twitter and the various People articles about him. Next up will be suicidal thoughts and depression. He is clearly bipolar and needs to be medicates. Screw Lexapro, this guy needs to be on some Lithium.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
It's like we're watching him meltdown on Twitter. He needs some help and his phone taken away.
Yeah, it sounds like what he was doing the last time before he was hospitalized. And I don't mean support for Trump is clinical, just this entire response pattern is more characteristic of someone going through a manic episode than just regular egotistic Ye. And it gives people license to futher stigmatize people with poor mental health because they've got other issues with Ye, but I don't rock with that.

He needs help, and we can only speculate on what kind, but damage is being done, and I'm not with any sort of sanitization or normalization of Trump-isms, sorry for getting political, Hip-Hop Era.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017

F9sS6xa.gif

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pitchfork put up an interesting article, discussing the Kanye tweets with a Kanye academic:
Liberals went after Taylor Swift for never saying anything about her politics during the rise of Trump. Why would they give Kanye the benefit of the doubt here?

I actually don't think that we've given him the benefit of the doubt. Giving him the benefit of the doubt is understanding that his mother's death was never resolved in his head and he probably sees himself as accountable for that death. Giving him the benefit of the doubt is recognizing that his wife was at the hands of robbers and gunpoint at a moment that he could not actually do anything. Giving him the benefit of the doubt is realizing that he just got off of a rehabilitation stint and is spending time with his kids and trying to make sense of the world within that context rather than giving over to public popular visibility.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt is also recognizing that in context of black iconography in this country, it is always easier to deem black folks "crazy" than it is to understand the complex layering that is a person like Kanye West.
In short, it's basically saying, "We don't know why Kanye supports conservative figureheads and until he separates the album PR shit from his actual thoughts, we can't really judge." I think that's horseshit.

If Kanye wants to be fake woke, then let him. That doesn't mean we can't judge his actions and his bullshit. If the man himself claims he's sane, he's sane. To call him crazy is a copout to spare ourselves the mental anguish of rationalizing our GOAT is also a garbage human being.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
It's hard to see this, given that Kanye's one of my favourite musicians and I basically grew up on Ye's music; The College Dropout came out when I was in middle school and becoming more mature as a person (academic pressures ramping up, more family members passing and/or going through substance abuse and mental health problems) and was my gateway into hip-hop, LR and Graduation and 808s came out in my first 3 years of high school and got me through gruelling periods of banal studying and the fall-out of relationships and stuff like that, and MBDTF was the soundtrack to my senior year and the first summer post high school, which was the best time of my life and when I met my current significant other. And seeing him at Coachella around the MBDTF era is still the best live music experience I've ever had. And then Yeezus and TLOP in my adulthood, both of which have got me through the new pressures and stress of being in a lifelong career and a long-term relationship, and living pretty detached from most of my family and the friends I'd been rocking with for almost as long as I've lived.

Sucks that he's really milkshake-ducking it up, because it really tarnishes how crucial and significant his music has been in my life, and how much I was looking forward to his new music for those same reasons.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
CyHi is whatever.

#1 indicator that you know it's bad is Malik Yusuf gassing Ye. People say it's been GLC or someone else but Malik has been Ye's ground for years.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I dont like shit I dont go outside was one of the best rap albums that year (also best title too tbh)

Hyped

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Don't forget about Doris either, hell even EARL (the tape)

Definitely one of my favourite rappers, can't wait to hear what he does next.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
yeah these ye stans writing tl;dr paragraphs should've saved their effort

i dig this shade

but seriously, I'm obviously going to listen to his music but i ain't gonna look at him the same after all this stuff. just really disappointing that he's so devoted to standing by these wack ass views and cosigning trash humans like Trumpito

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frank Ocean is not happy with Kanye.

That's the end to that, I suppose.

EDIT: Lunice and Kevin Abstract both unfollowed Kanye, as well. Considering Kevin got his start on KTT and has made his known his adoration for Ye, that must sting for him.

EDIT: Tyler The Creator, ScHoolboy Q, and Travis Scott, A$AP Rocky, and Virgil Abloh are all not following Kanye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.