• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If the Mortal Kombat 11 trailer featured any other genre of music of a song that "also" didn't fit the trailer, I doubt people care as much or make a thread about it.

Most of this board doesn't even pay attention to music or trends. But pretending like outsiders NEVER have any reason to generalize is a little silly. I get not wanting people to generalize an entire genre but you're never going to convince some dude who still listens to Alice in Chains.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hey man, I like Alice in Chains

Yea I liked them in 1992. People who narrow their tastes and stagnate is who I'm talking about. You're not going to convince some 40 year old dude that this 18 year rapping about popping adderalls and doing drive by's is worth checking out. By the same token if you had some slow twangy country music playing, I'm sure these dudes would have said the same thing. People do not step out of their comfort zones. People do not want to be challenged.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that MK thread isn't good. A lot of the responses remind me of people when they got at Snoop for his delivery, Wayne for his vocals and Thug for his, well, everything.

Yeah you can try and debate it but at the end of the day it fits for those who he's rapping for. Same thing happens to every music genre and subgenre.

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Gaming side threads that involve hip-hop/black culture in general is damn near always a dumpster fire apart from some fgc threads

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
ok fellas.

I'm gonna need a rapper to make a smash hit and dance before christmas called the peppermint twist

someone get on that pls

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
We arrived in speedboats, top dealers from each coast

A9E9E9B3D6FC0D79A0B1062D57EB750A9CA961C5
A9E9E9B3D6FC0D79A0B1062D57EB750A9CA961C5

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I liked them in 1992. People who narrow their tastes and stagnate is who I'm talking about. You're not going to convince some 40 year old dude that this 18 year rapping about popping adderalls and doing drive by's is worth checking out. By the same token if you had some slow twangy country music playing, I'm sure these dudes would have said the same thing. People do not step out of their comfort zones. People do not want to be challenged.
You're right. There's a reason "I like all music but country and rap" is a thing

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
Digging that Domo Genesis - Facade Records EP. getting 2000s West coast vibes from it.
Need some mac-10 or xzibit on two tone durag

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
new Spider-Man soundtrack is gonna be an absolute banger. I watched it today and heard Biggie, Drake, Outasight, Post, Blackway, Vince Staples, and more

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw Gladiator the other day, felt like it took like 3 or 4 scenes to get properly going but the soundtrack is probably one of my faves from Zimmer now.

Also great unexpected pick for the Aguilera/Goldlink joint from the Grammys. I think Crew got nominated last year too.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
huh, so we can embedd more than two Spotify links, but tweets are still limited to two or did that change now with ERA 2.0?

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
okay, HOVA got verse of the year but goddamn, Jermaine on "Off Deez" is my second best.
better than anything on K.O.D. in my opinion

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Man, first the 21 x MK thread, now the Skrillex x Kingdom Hearts thread. Why are people so out of touch? You don't have to like the song, sure, but some of the comments are just rude or "I like it until the dubstep part" while the song clearly isn't a dubstep track.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Man, first the 21 x MK thread, now the Skrillex x Kingdom Hearts thread. Why are people so out of touch? You don't have to like the song, sure, but some of the comments are just rude or "I like it until the dubstep part" while the song clearly isn't a dubstep track.

they really missed the whole future bass trend lmao

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
okay, i've been swayed. If You Know You Know is intro track of the year. i should have known better.

but the best first two tracks on an album goes to Die Lit lol
Long Time into R.I.P. is just crazy.
It goes from great to better.

Not to mention everyone at the concert looked towards each other and sang the same part with the most energy all night
FUCK THAT MUMBLIN SHIT
FUCK THAT MUMBLIN SHIT
BOUGHT A CRIB FOR MY MAMA OFF THAT MUMBLIN SHIT

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Location Remote and Sirens also deserve attention for openers. Both give me the chills every time, but I like my gloomy atmospheric shit at the moment because I live in London and I can't remember the feeling of sun anymore.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm pretty sure Some Rap Songs is my AOTY.

Had a pretty violent reaction first up because man, it didn't really sound like earl, but the more I listened the more I can't get it out of my head.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
I like this Dad Cube album.

Gaming side threads that involve hip-hop/black culture in general is damn near always a dumpster fire apart from some fgc threads
That's the gaming climate right now though. There's no popular black sponsored players/content makers outside the FGC and racism/misogyny slides because ad rev. No one cares and if you point it out, Gamergate types are on your back.

Status
Not open for further replies.