• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Here's hoping. While I don't really vibe with the character designs, how could I say no to something like this.

Really curious about the dark fantasy game he's working on. I hope it has a similar budget (and, honestly, approach, dioaramas or not) as Fantasian.

OP
OP
FakePlasticTree
Jul 24, 2018
This is definitely unusual since Sakaguchi has never been fond of porting his games in the past. But exciting if it works out!

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Only played the first half, but it could easily be reworked as such. It had such a FF-PS1 vibe, also with the writing.

I believe people who played the second half said the quality drops a bit, though.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes please, as soon as possible. Pretty much the only thing making me think about getting an ipad.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
It's interesting that he talks about PC before even considering console ports. Does he really just mention PC in the original Japanese interview?

Given everything is x86 these says (aside from Switch) it makes sense to start on PC.
Explains why Pixel Remaster came to Steam first.

EDIT: iDevices are also ARM, fair enough.

Last edited:

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that he talks about PC before even considering console ports. Does he really just mention PC in the original Japanese interview?
He says he has seen constant requests for Fantasian on PC and for the sequel and that he is always hard at work/considering possibilites.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Hopefully, I've heard good things but don't have any Apple stuff. Would love to see it on PC or other platforms.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
There are only two phrases quoted from Sakaguchi in the article:

PCでも出してほしいという声も多いですし、続編はないのかという声もいただきますので、なるべくまだまだがんばって働いていきたい
There are lots of requests to also release the game on PC, as well as requests for a sequel. We want to keep doing our best going forward.

まだ何も決まっていない
As of now, nothing is decided.

So this is not really confirming/deconfirming anything, just keeping all the doors open just in case.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The timing of this is interesting. Is he perhaps talking more freely because the game might get removed from AA soon?

Either way, having it on PC ensures the game gets preserved and more get to play this cool game. I started playing this last week and am having a good time so far.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I played the first half when I got six months of arcade for free. Didn't resub to play the second half though.

It was fun but the story and characters left a bit to be desired.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Only worth it if they do some major rebalancing of the second half. Part 1 was a glorious experience, Part 2 was garbagio.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love for it to happen, I really enjoyed what I played of it on Apple Arcade a long time ago but no interest in resubscribing. Would be nice if that Platinum game came to PC as well.

Apr 9, 2018
Fingers crossed, played about 6 hours of it but phones just have too many distractions so I fell off. The battle system is neat, I could see the dimension stacking-thing, where you queue up random battles as you walk, catching on with other games in the genre

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
There has to be some limit for platform exclusivity. I couldn't really get into the game on my iPhone so I hope it comes to PC to give it another shot.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love it if this, and Clap Hanz Golf came out on console.

Those were the only reasons I subbed to Apple Arcade.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
I tried this game last week for the first time. Honestly, I couldn't get more than a few hours in. It just feels like a preeeetty standard JRPG. The battle system has some generally interesting ideas, but not enough to keep me playing

Honestly, playing Chained Echoes kind of raised the bar on what this type of experience can be

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weren't we supposed to get console version of Terra Battle years ago? Have a feeling this is a bigger wish than a planned promise. :[

Zweisy1

Oct 30, 2017
Would be cool. The game looks like a classic Square game and I would definitely give it a go on PC.

Personally, wish Microsoft would talk to Sakaguchi about a Lost Odyssey sequal.. that game would require a big budget and a team though so probably bit unrealistic to happen as it didn't set the world on fire sales wise.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Here's hoping. It's a really neat little JRPG with some great Uematsu tracks.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I played through the intro and into the first town. I think it is pretty interesting as a mobile/apple arcade title but there would be lots of comparisons to other JRPGs if brought over to PC or other platforms. Some good, some bad, but I can definitely see people saying its nothing special.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
That would be cool, always liked the look of it but I just don't have any Apple stuff so there was no way I could play it.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017

There are lots of requests to also release the game on PC, as well as requests for a sequel. We want to keep doing our best going forward.

まだ何も決まっていない

So this is not really confirming/deconfirming anything, just keeping all the doors open just in case.

Lol, yet another article getting fans' hopes up based on a mistranslation.

I'd love it if this, and Clap Hanz Golf came out on console.

Those were the only reasons I subbed to Apple Arcade.

Clap Hanz Golf was actually renamed to Easy Come Easy Golf, and is available on Switch right now.

OP
OP
FakePlasticTree
Jul 24, 2018

まだ何も決まっていない

The thread title does phrase it as "open".

Oct 27, 2017
It's a really great rpg that sadly rarely gets talked about because most people have not played it. The dimengeon system is a great way to deal with random encounters.

Based on mistwalker's history I don't have high hopes for the game releasing elsewhere, but you never know. Sakaguchi did mention he is involved in two new projects, maybe there's no Fantasian 2 yet but he is at least working on something.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
palpatine-star-wars.gif