• A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
every hitman map is good

I'm on board with this. Even the weakest maps like Colorado/Marrakesh provide tons and tons of hours of fun and tense situations as you master them.

The only map I'll give on this is the final map of Hitman 3. It's good once, but I don't see myself ever wanting to replay it. Even the ICA training levels have some fun replayability knocking out challenges.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Played hawke's bay again last night and it has such a great atmosphere. I did the shotgun challenge and it is so much fun roaming the dunes, taking guys out and hide in the bushes.

MoosGoMoo

Banned
Jan 27, 2021
I need more time to do a ranking of my own, but I am curious about yours. I'm curious why Hokkaido is so low for you? I don't know if I've ever seen someone who feels it's the worst of Season 1 before.
Hokkaido and Chongquing both have the high tech security theme. Don't like it.

Neither are bad but they are definitely the worst.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't get this game. I'm disguised as a photographer yet I can't take a picture of the staff member sitting in the chair, as she recognises me. She has a circle above her head? Same with the PI. I took his disguise yet everyone recognises me as they all have a circle above their head too. Is my game glitched? The security guard outfit is the only one that lets me walk around most of the manor.

Dec 15, 2017
These server disconnects are out of control. The only complaint that I have for the game is how often this happens for no reason. I'm on the Switch cloud version too, so I know for sure it's not an internet issue on my end (if that were the case the entire game would disconnect). SO IRRITATING

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Finished up level 20 on all map yesterday.

I still think Dartmoor is the best realized map. Maybe not the biggest, most complex map, but they set a theme, a goal and they hit it out of the park.

Chongquing might be the biggest disappointment. Rain and neon are always pretty, but after being able to confront your targets directly in the other maps, this is kinda falls short in a narrative way. The targets themselves don't do/offer that much either.

Mendoza might be the best map, but the scripts and triggers a too buggy/clunky to make it really enjoyable.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't get this game. I'm disguised as a photographer yet I can't take a picture of the staff member sitting in the chair, as she recognises me. She has a circle above her head? Same with the PI. I took his disguise yet everyone recognises me as they all have a circle above their head too. Is my game glitched? The security guard outfit is the only one that lets me walk around most of the manor.

the PI outfit should definitely let you walk around wherever. did you have a gun out or on your back? Most people will find that suspicious unless you are a guard.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
No one should recognize you as the PI. Do you have a weapon equipped? Only guard type disguises let you walk around with an assault rifle or holding a pistol/knife/etc.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Anything in your inventory with a red exclamation point will be suspicious if visible. This includes knives, axes, guns, stuff on your back as well. So you probably had a weapon or no no item out

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I'm loving the heck out of Chongquing about halfway through the challenges. Really cool map, might be the first one that was better than I expected. The streets are cool and both buildings are really fun to maneuver.

Also when the RTX patch hits, Chongquing with all its neon lighting and shiny reflective ICA facility surfaces is going to be the biggest looker in the game and bring rigs to their knees. Dubai is pretty reflective too, so that'll be awesome looking as well. I think the other maps will be have nice bits, but those 2 maps are gonna be the RTX showcases. Can't wait to walk through Chongquing at 20fps in RTX :P Too bad the game doesn't have DLSS support.

I think Dartmoor -> Berlin -> Chongquing have all been excellent so far, with Dubai being good.

In Chongquing, I just finished exploring out the ICA Facility and I think I've got a good feel for all the routing but one thing I couldn't find is where is the safety mechanism turn off?

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
The Bikers in Berlin being able to go through the whole level, and openly carry sniper rifles feels like something overpowered, especially considering that you can start as one.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Ah OK, how come sumo made that level and not ioi? You can really tell.
Maybe IOI don't trust themselves to make a jungle-themed level ever again.

I don't either. I'm still traumatised from Codename 47.

In Chongquing, I just finished exploring out the ICA Facility and I think I've got a good feel for all the routing but one thing I couldn't find is where is the safety mechanism turn off?
It's in the core itself, to the right of the window.

Neon Octopus

Nov 21, 2017

In addition to what others said, outfits can get compromised. If somebody saw you change into the photographer, or take someone out as him, you'll be suspicious

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Also when the RTX patch hits, Chongquing with all its neon lighting and shiny reflective ICA facility surfaces is going to be the biggest looker in the game and bring rigs to their knees. Dubai is pretty reflective too, so that'll be awesome looking as well. I think the other maps will be have nice bits, but those 2 maps are gonna be the RTX showcases. Can't wait to walk through Chongquing at 20fps in RTX :P Too bad the game doesn't have DLSS support.
What's to stop them from adding in DLSS with the RTX patch? DLSS is an RTX feature

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on board with this. Even the weakest maps like Colorado/Marrakesh provide tons and tons of hours of fun and tense situations as you master them.

The only map I'll give on this is the final map of Hitman 3. It's good once, but I don't see myself ever wanting to replay it. Even the ICA training levels have some fun replayability knocking out challenges.
There is some surprising replayability on the final map, as restrictive as it is. Not the best map in the series by a long shot, but It's a really interesting challenge.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Started Hitman 2 today and I'm in love with Hawke's Bay just for the atmosphere. You can almost feel the storm coming.

Are the MKII version of tools just reskins?

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Maybe IOI don't trust themselves to make a jungle-themed level ever again.

I don't either. I'm still traumatised from Codename 47.

It's in the core itself, to the right of the window.

Ah, yeah I didn't touch that panel since I didn't have a silenced gun to take out the security cam over it.

Is there security cam server somewhere in the facility to turn off cameras?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I finally did my first Silent Assassin/Suit Only run. It was surprisingly not too painful to pull off on Chongqing. Though I did still have t reload a lot of saves.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
One thing about Chongquing is the shortcuts thing is kinda maybe too much.

Like some of the shortcuts in levels are too good, Chongquing shortcuts by the 2 guys behind the arcade are insanely shortcutting to both targets. Hitman 1/2 maps never had anything like that. And you can unlock them in Chongquing on your first run or two and then it's just like that from then on taking a bunch of challenge out.

I get a lot of people like the dark souls shortcut thing added in H3, but considering you're going to replay the maps 20-100 times and the original route you only need to do like the very first run, it's basically like those shortcuts just exist from the start and I don't think they really add anything other than being OP sometimes like in Chongquing. I think they're mainly made to appeal to people that are only going to play them maps once or twice.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
One thing about Chongquing is the shortcuts thing is kinda maybe too much.

Like some of the shortcuts in levels are too good, Chongquing shortcuts by the 2 guys behind the arcade are insanely shortcutting to both targets. Hitman 1/2 maps never had anything like that. And you can unlock them in Chongquing on your first run or two and then it's just like that from then on taking a bunch of challenge out.

I get a lot of people like the dark souls shortcut thing added in H3, but considering you're going to replay the maps 20-100 times and the original route you only need to do like the very first run, it's basically like those shortcuts just exist from the start and I don't think they really add anything other than being OP sometimes like in Chongquing. I think they're mainly made to appeal to people that are only going to play them maps once or twice.
Shortcuts can be disabled in Contracts.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
did they completely change the requirements for silent assassin on the sniping missions? I can contain every situation, have nobody get spotted or try to escape and it still doesnt count for silent assassin. Im doing the last yardbird now and feel like I did it pretty perfectly, I had to contain one situation and that still didnt count, but it did in Hitman 2. Seems like you are unable to contain situations and have to hide every kill you get without anyone else noticing, even if you kill and hide that person too.

Edit: yeah, i just got it done. You are unable to contain situations anymore. You have to hide every body perfectly.

Edit 2: now I completed pen and sword with multiple containing situations and i got silent assassin. Very odd

Last edited:

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I was mopping up trophies and realized the only one I have left is the one for exploring all of Dubai, which didn't pop even though I got the challenge. Has anyone discovered a fix for that yet? I know some other folks were having trophy glitch issues.

Can you guys recommend the best maps and mission stories out of Hitman 1-3 to get the most of out of them?
This is a useless reply but... All of them? At the very least, play the maps in order as even the "bad" ones are worth playing. If you dig a particular map you can delve deeper into the mission stories and challenges.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i wish hawke's bay didn't have the mandatory exfil point

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
god this game is so good, every time i think i'm out they pull me back in.

after a game of playing around doing perfect assassinations saying 'fuck it' and just filling cassidy's house with a poison mist and ganking EVERYONE felt very satisfying

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I really love Chongquing. Starting to feel like it's the best map in this one. Though it has some easy outs, it feels like the most expert challenge map & depth complexity in this group so far. I have no idea how to get some of these kills in, which is something I haven't run into with the first 3 maps. Gonna have to look up some stuff. This map is taking me more time than I expected to 100%, but enjoying the challenge.

Even the deluxe escalation on it is great and I'm not sure how to pull of phase 2 yet. The potential on this map is crazy high for escalations/elusives/map re-works.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I had no idea IOI outsourced some of the levels, Sgail might be my favorite level in the franchise. Now I wish sumo digital would just release more episodes while IOI work on bond. we might not see 47 for a decade.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the last mission.
Pretty cool finale, while I was hoping it would be another open area, what they did with the train setpiece was quite awesome. I think the best missions in 3 are Dartmoor and Berlin, but I could see Mendoza growing on me.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
If I were ranking the missions of the trilogy

Top tier: Mumbai, Miami, Sapienza, Berlin, Mendoza

Great: Hokkaido, Sgail, Paris, Dubai

Good: Marrakesh, Haven Island, Santa Fortuna

Okay: Dartmoor, New York, Bangkok, Hawke's Bay, Chongqing

Meh: Colorado, Whittleton Creek, Carpathian Mountains

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
So this is kinda weird, but in Chongqing I have no idea how to get the drowning kill.

I even spent like 30-40 mins doing runs where I did the ventilation kills on each and used emetic but they go to the balcony & a trash can, not a bathroom.

I swear I've done all the mission story type routines and never seen either of them eat or drink anything? Also for the escalation how do you get Hush's bodyguard to drink/eat something since you have to poison him in phase 2?

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So this is kinda weird, but in Chongqing I have no idea how to get the drowning kill.

I even spent like 30-40 mins doing runs where I did the ventilation kills on each and used emetic but they go to the balcony & a trash can, not a bathroom.

I swear I've done all the mission story type routines and never seen either of them eat or drink anything? Also for the escalation how do you get Hush's bodyguard to drink/eat something since you have to poison him in phase 2?
I'm 99% sure I got Hush to go vomit in the bathroom? Maybe the test subject needs to be out of the way for it to happen.

For the escalation, his bodyguard basically does nothing but walk back and forth between the railing and the food, where he sits down and eats for a minute. There should be a table with a bowl of noodles right behind him.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017

When you are in a disguise and NPCs have those circles, those are what the developers refer to as "enforcers." To explain it in context of the mission, those NPCs know who the photographer actually is on the map, and thus you're at risk of your disguise being blown by specific characters. The PI and staff member actually know the photographer isn't supposed to be you. In general, when you are disguised, you also have to "play the part." That means civilian NPCs should not be publicly visible with weapons, and in the case of Master difficulty (unless this changed over the years) even specific weapons raise suspicion on characters who can brandish weapons.

It's not a glitch, but a way to make sure not every disguise is a free exploration one. Some staff might know who's supposed to be on duty at the time, or in the case of the PI, he knows who's supposed to be at the mansion as a visiting guest.

Sounds like you're new at these games, so I hope my explanation goes a little more in depth to explain the nuance here. You'll get the hang of it and it'll make sense.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

This was the hardest drowning kill I had, only saw one way to really get it normally.

Send the employees all on breaks, then spike the room AS royce is talking, not after. If anyone leaves the room she would go to a trash bin, and if she was the only one in the room she would use the bin while the room was still being gassed, lol.

If you do it while everyone is in the room, she goes to the bathroom while the other employees use the various trash bins.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
did they completely change the requirements for silent assassin on the sniping missions? I can contain every situation, have nobody get spotted or try to escape and it still doesnt count for silent assassin. Im doing the last yardbird now and feel like I did it pretty perfectly, I had to contain one situation and that still didnt count, but it did in Hitman 2. Seems like you are unable to contain situations and have to hide every kill you get without anyone else noticing, even if you kill and hide that person too.

Edit: yeah, i just got it done. You are unable to contain situations anymore. You have to hide every body perfectly.

Edit 2: now I completed pen and sword with multiple containing situations and i got silent assassin. Very odd
Yea, I've definitely got SA with containing situations but have randomly not gotten SA for seemingly no reason. I thought that perhaps a body got found right as the mission ends but it's perhaps just a bit glitchy.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I'm 99% sure I got Hush to go vomit in the bathroom? Maybe the test subject needs to be out of the way for it to happen.

For the escalation, his bodyguard basically does nothing but walk back and forth between the railing and the food, where he sits down and eats for a minute. There should be a table with a bowl of noodles right behind him.

Ah, I didn't even check to see if the bodyguard had a different routine in the escalation. I'm so used to escalations not having unique routines until these deluxe ones.

The test subject was out of the way in mine and he goes to the balcony door and vomits over the ledge :(

This was the hardest drowning kill I had, only saw one way to really get it normally.

Send the employees all on breaks, then spike the room AS royce is talking, not after. If anyone leaves the room she would go to a trash bin, and if she was the only one in the room she would use the bin while the room was still being gassed, lol.

If you do it while everyone is in the room, she goes to the bathroom while the other employees use the various trash bins.

Ok, yeah that's annoying since my quicksave is after everyone left the room >< But will just redo it. Seems weird that the AI works like this but I guess it's logical that she won't vomit in a trash can in front of others haha.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
When you are in a disguise and NPCs have those circles, those are what the developers refer to as "enforcers." To explain it in context of the mission, those NPCs know who the photographer actually is on the map, and thus you're at risk of your disguise being blown by specific characters. The PI and staff member actually know the photographer isn't supposed to be you. In general, when you are disguised, you also have to "play the part." That means civilian NPCs should not be publicly visible with weapons, and in the case of Master difficulty (unless this changed over the years) even specific weapons raise suspicion on characters who can brandish weapons.

It's not a glitch, but a way to make sure not every disguise is a free exploration one. Some staff might know who's supposed to be on duty at the time, or in the case of the PI, he knows who's supposed to be at the mansion as a visiting guest.

Sounds like you're new at these games, so I hope my explanation goes a little more in depth to explain the nuance here. You'll get the hang of it and it'll make sense.

nah this sounds like a glitch. for the photographer, almost no one can see through his disguise (im pretty sure you have to take a picture of the staff member in order to progress that mission story so she can't see through your disguise). Same with the private investigator.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018

Also what is a good way to get rid of the guard escort in the facility? I had knocked him in the bathroom and just did this and she went into the bathroom where his body was :( This escort is the most incredibly annoying NPC in this game. Can't find a good area to knock him out and get rid of him.

And not sure a safe way to knock out the cameras on floor 2 in this facility.

This stage is pretty tough!

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Nm, got him in the vent room just barely. Also the NPC AI is super random there.

First time I tried using emetic when everyone was in the room the employees went to the bathroom first and used the first stall and eventually Royce used the second. This second time Royce was the first one to the bathroom and used the first stall and then an employee came in after drowning her and discovered me with the body ><

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm continuing to plough through 1 and 2's maps while waiting for 3 to hit Steam, and fuck me Hokkaido is fantastic huh. SASO seems impossible at first but is actually pretty easy once you've figured out enough of the level and bring the right stuff in.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Drowning kills seem way more finicky this time around with the way some maps are designed. Especially Berlin where they seem to go everywhere except the bathroom to throw up.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Drowning kills seem way more finicky this time around with the way some maps are designed. Especially Berlin where they seem to go everywhere except the bathroom to throw up.

I think with Berlin the scripted drowning kill is

The juice bar guy by the river. Since that's almost a mission story to work the juice bar and serve him a drink and if it's emetic he goes to the isolated toilets for the drowning kill.