• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
hfoPvAC.png

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games?sessionInvalidated=true

"Self-publishing Hitman 3 is a big step for IO Interactive in achieving our highly ambitious goals as an independent studio," explained IO boss Hakan Abrak.

"Furthermore, this partnership with Epic has given us the freedom to create the game exactly as we imagined, for our fans and for our community uncompromised.

"For our long-term fans that have supported us on the World of Assassination journey, we're happy to have mastery and location carryover from their existing progress into Hitman 3 on Epic Games Store."
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-20-epic-snaps-up-hitman-3-as-another-pc-store-exclusive

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The modern Shadowrun games are really good. Definitely get on that if you don't already own them.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Is it the first hitman or does it include hitman 2?

Either way good get

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I don't play on PC but I'm pretty sure that Epic exclusivity is gonna piss off a lot of that fanbase lol, how will they transfer game progress and level ownership from the first two games? They say they're doing it but hopefully it's painless...

Is it the first hitman or does it include hitman 2?
Just the first. So if you claim this one presumably you'll still need to buy Hitman 2 to get all that content in Hitman 3.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Oh geez, hitman 3 as an Epic exclusive is gonna.....be a stickler for some folks, even more than Borderlands 3.....But the 'attention' Epic wants seems to be somewhat dissipating, so even if I'm not gonna pick it up, so be it at this point.

Plus, if IO is independent and looking to pay bills, the deal makes sense....the Eurogamer article doesn't specifically say, but I imagine this is another year-long exclusive?

In any event, 2 Kinda turned me off with the idea of having to re-play old levels to re-unlock things, but I'm happy more people get to play the first.

bic

Oct 28, 2017
The Hitman 3 Epic exclusivity sucks, but the fact progress from the previous games will carry over blunts some of my disappointment, assuming I'm parsing that last sentence correctly.

"For our long-term fans that have supported us on the World of Assassination journey, we're happy to have mastery and location carryover from their existing progress into Hitman 3 on Epic Games Store."

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
Shadowrun Collection? Nice! Those are some of the very best games to come out of the Kickstarter bubble before it burst, and maybe this means HBS will revisit the franchise and put it on other systems, too.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Shadowrun Collection? Nice! Those are some of the very best games to come out of the Kickstarter bubble before it burst, and maybe this means HBS will revisit the franchise and put it on other systems, too.

hmm something about your nick and avatar makes me think this isnt a 100% unbiased opinion. just a hunch

(just kidding the trilogy is great and i want more games and ports to consoles too)

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 3 is timed or full exclusive? Just checked the article, and it doesn't say either way.

Dynamic3

Oct 31, 2017
I hope they're going to sell Hitman 2 as well, it layers on a few nice updates to the original maps.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Shadowrun Dragonfall is a fantastic game.
Still haven't played the other 2. Is Returns worth playing or should I just play Hong Kong?

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Shadowrun Dragonfall is a fantastic game.
Still haven't played the other 2. Is Returns worth playing or should I just play Hong Kong?

I still liked it, but Hong Kong is much closer to Dragonfall in style and quality. Returns is mostly just combat, there isn't the same breadth of roleplaying options and the story isn't as good either.

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
Everyone needs to try Hitman, EGS exclusivity for 3 sucks but it's still an amazing game

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody told me to skip Returns as it's substantially a lesser game than its expansions.
Go for HK. Then, if you want more Shadowrun you'll have some desert.
I still liked it, but Hong Kong is much closer to Dragonfall in style and quality. Returns is mostly just combat, there isn't the same breadth of roleplaying options and the story isn't as good either.

Thanks guys.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Will I be able to play Hitman 2 levels from my steam install on EGS hitman 3?

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I can only echo what's being written...
don't miss Shadowrun Collection !

(Perfect appetizer for CP2077 as well)