• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Eh, as much as I am excited to see Season 2 announced (it's been way too fucking long IOI, gimme that GOTY 2018!), Hitman twitter account posts a lot of stuff like this. Not in any way convinced this has anything to do with Season 2.

Staf

Nov 7, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Season 2 ?

giphy.gif

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sign me the fuck up there for a day one purchase for whatever edition gives you everything.
Hitman 2016 is the best Hitman game.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect a season 2 announcement tomorrow. Maybe some more content to fill the gap.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Guess a long weekend is a good time to announce if any.

I do see this and next getting those pre E3 announcements.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
I wouldn't expect a season 2 announcement tomorrow. Maybe some more content to fill the gap.
Tomorrow, maybe not. Very soon? Likely. IOI said in their financial report that Season 2 should be out during this financial year (ending next march), and if they want to continue with the episodic model, they'll have to release Season 2 Episode 1 in the next few months.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sign me the fuck up there for a day one purchase for whatever edition gives you everything.
Hitman 2016 is the best Hitman game.

It was like playing Silent Assassin all over again
The episode thing even kinda worked here, it's like how multi-shooters launch maps

My only wish was like a home base type area where you could admire your weapons and practice
Maybe a butler who you can lock into a freezer

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I was just playing some Hitman last night. I still never got around to playing every episode. If they are going to do a season 2 I'm all in though, I've been a huge fan of the series since the second game.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw this as a silly tweet because it's the weekend.

I do think we'll be hearing about Season 2 soon, but after they announce whatever that sniping Hitman project is. They have two Hitman games in development.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Hitman season 2 is one of those games that even leakers probably don't even think it's worth leaking, everyone knows it's a thing, just a matter of waiting is all.
I don't doubt it exists and will be released this year. It's taking too long though. I personally expected them to start Season 2 in 2017 tbh. Guess that Square Enix departure has cost them a lot.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Still not convinced.
I say we need a good old fashioned leak. A screenshot or a short shitty video.
How about a low angle, low light, blurry cell phone pic, that's of the end cards of a trailer that's being shown on a projection screen for some inexplicable reason, which claims its exclusive to the Nintendo Switch and 3DS?

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
Please oh please be true, I just deleted it off my ps4 but will preorder and be there second one when it releases.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You will probably need to wait year or more for version that will give you everything.
I'm just hoping for a season pass edition that just lets you pay ahead of time. I take it from your comment that this wasn't the case with the first one when the episodes were still coming out? I think I bought the complete edition after all of them came out in 2016.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
You will probably need to wait year or more for version that will give you everything.

The way season 1 released was great personally, play a map over and over until you find all the fun stuff to do, put it down for a little while and then a month later you get a whole new map to mess around in.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just hoping for a season pass edition that just lets you pay ahead of time. I take it from your comment that this wasn't the case with the first one when the episodes were still coming out? I think I bought the complete edition after all of them came out in 2016.

If they're following the model for the first game, paying full price lets you get everything promised of the Season when it comes out. Patient Zero was made after IO left Square, so it's a DLC and not part of Season One, which finished in January of last year.

I do wonder if the early level concepts some people saw/were told of Season Two are still in, particularly the
cruiseliner mission.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Please be true. I need more Hitman in my life. I absolutely love season 1. It's one of my games of the gen so far.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
How about a low angle, low light, blurry cell phone pic, that's of the end cards of a trailer that's being shown on a projection screen for some inexplicable reason, which claims its exclusive to the Nintendo Switch and 3DS?
Yes please, with a side of some photoshopped box art from Brasil.

Edit: apparently there was also this yesterday.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot I bought season one when it was on sale weeks ago, I need to play it

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why does everyone blow their load before E3 ffs
First everything was leaking, now everything is revealed officially, what they gonna show at E3, just Call of Duty and FIFA ffs

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would be surprised for IOI to announce ahead of E3, but I guess this way it doesn't get lost in a sea of other news?
First everything was leaking, now everything is revealed officially, what they gonna show at E3, just Call of Duty and FIFA ffs

Have you followed E3 in the past fifteen years? Everything gets announced before E3. That's when you have the whole attention. E3 itself is pointless, you have five minute windows to show your games.

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Season 2 has already been confirmed like months ago via financial reports, but this is nice to see. One of my favorite games ever, can't wait for it.

What's the problem with that? I mean, I enjoy E3 in theory for being a hype fest when all our dreams come true, but realistically I don't really care that much about when things get announced.