• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

Edit: Since many people apparently did not watch the video, there are 3 movement options in there, each video showing a different one.

d0R4Tdm.png

Last edited:

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Alright I'm in fucking got me with those puzzles and the shooting.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That movement system looks really bad and janky. I wonder if you can change it in the settings so its much more fluid and not jumping from one location to another.

Edit - I've been informed that this is the case!

Mumford

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed with the above. Mods please change this to New Half-Life, 3 videos

For real though I can't wait to play this filth in 10 years when I have the money for a VR setup (assuming it ages as well as HL2). I'll be excitedly watching from the outside-in to see if this spices up the VR landscape a bit. Valve is back, baby

Oct 30, 2017
Bro this shit is legit unreal. The amount of interactivity makes it all seem like a cutscene.

Dumping the bucket, putting on the hardhat...holy fuck,

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
This has been quite the day gaming wise for me.

Half Life, 3 videos to watch later...

FF7 demo to play later...

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
Looks like you have to point and click where you want Alyx to go at some points (that pee trail aimer interface)

Last edited:

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Interactivity of the environment is spectacular, the visuals however are borderline mediocre.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
this game looks fake. I don't mean that to imply that this footage is actually faked, I mean that what they're doing is so impressive that I practically can't believe it. If they pull this off this will be the next step.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Before I tried VR I was like "lol who would like to teleport instead of moving", but in games in fact teleporting is really cool, doesn't feel weird at all and let's you be more mobile if you don't have a lot of room.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched the 9min video I posted and only skimmed through the one of the short clips but I hope we get more weapons besides the pistol and shotgun.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
God damn that looks so fucking good. It's so close!

I haven't watched the 9min video I posted and only skimmed through the one of the short clips but I hope we get more weapons besides the pistol and shotgun.

There will be. It wouldn't make sense if you couldn't pick up the Combine guns after they drop them.

luoapp

Oct 27, 2017
The frame rate is kind rough (video 3, 1:15 mark)? Hope Valve can smooth it out before launch.

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
this game looks fake. I don't mean that to imply that this footage is actually faked, I mean that what they're doing is so impressive that I practically can't believe it. If they pull this off this will be the next step.

Only thing that is really throwing me off is how well they are able to throw things. I've tried throwing shit in Super Hot VR and it just kind of goes where ever and is an inaccurate mess.