Oct 28, 2017
Justice takes a backseat to political expediency it seems for the Senator.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) has now also joined the growing chorus of voices demanding justice. "The murder of Jamal Khashoggi as described by the Turkish press is an atrocity," she tweeted on Wednesday. "We must get to the bottom of this, and if the Saudis killed Mr. Khashoggi, those responsible must be held accountable."

People were quick to remind Collins that she didn't seem nearly as concerned about "those responsible being held accountable" when it recently came to confirming Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. Collins was one of the last holdouts who eventually gave Kavanaugh her vote.

https://uproxx.com/news/susan-collins-jamal-khashoggi-tweet/2/

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off, Collins. I hope a special place in hell is reserved for you and the rest of the GOP fuck wads.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
Ok, lets call the FBI and this time we'll set the timer for 30 seconds for a full investigation. The IC has become such a joke, a sham, a pawn.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
"I believe Koshoggi was murdered, I just don't believe it was Saudi Arabia that did it."

stew

Dec 2, 2017
When I read the title, for some reason I though it was about the rapist.

Anyway, yeah everybody will see the hypocrisy.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
She completely lost any tiny speck of respect I had for her with the Kav garbo. You fucked up, Sue.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe you got murdered. I won't do anything about this, but I believe something happened to you.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I just think we should be cautious about this. We don't want to ruin anyone's lives over something that happened a week ago.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But what if it turns out the murderers like beer

I mean really like beer

What then

I mean can we afford not to appoint them all to the supreme court

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Without reading the OP I'm gonna assume it's an investigation into where her backbone and integrity went.

*reads OP*

Oh.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Trump sat down with MBS and was assured that they would never restrict a woman's right to choose. That's all the assurance I need, why isn't that good enough for you Susan?

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is a really dark subject, but this made me lol. A+ post.

It isn't much of a joke. It's the current story from the administration while also nakedly fretting over losing money on weapon sales if they stop dealing with KSA.

edit: to be clear, I'm saying this because it's absurd that it's real spin. It's makes it even more darkly funny.

Last edited:

Tapeworm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those immediately responsible are going to be in a series of car accidents and window falls over the next few weeks. And those truly responsible have already bought and paid off the USA. So good luck.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait until she's voted out, kicked to the curb, completely forgotten as a side note in this shitstain of a presidency.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
"The Saudis said they will punish the people responsible so I suppose that settles that"

"and the real atrocity is the partisanship trying to ruin a great 100 billion dollar deal"