• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Just as I'm taking my makeup off, I'm starting to believe again.

Still think it's absolutely crazy this game is coming to Game Pass. Very curious what the deal was.
My headcannon is team cherry were looking for more funding and Xbox dropped the bag with a gamepass contract but no exclusivity window

Wins all around

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I checked into a hotel two nights ago on a vacation with my kids and the hotel clerk had a laptop with Hollow Knight stickers on it, so I brought it up.

They then murdered me by saying "By the time Silksong comes out I'll be your age" 😵

If said hotel clerk is an Era member, hi.

Jesus Christ hahahha

Jan 13, 2022
While I agree with the general point that XBox isn't a guarantee for the announcement, correction that Silksong wasn't announced in a Direct, it was a standalone announcement the day after

Which is why my money is honestly still on Team Cherry just dropping it on us some random Tuesday

Ah really? Was the treehouse the day after too?

Edit: ah yeah, I see the trailer went up in February and the treehouse was June (2019!!!!)

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely would. In fact, I'd say it's my favorite game of all time period. I'm not young either (38, playing games since I got an NES when I was 5 or 6, though I did not play a ton for about a decade from age like 23-33).
I'd agree. I don't even like the Metroidvania genre, but the artstyle appealed to me and it was on sale and I was not sober so I bought it and was immediately captivated. It's still the only Metroidvania I've actually properly enjoyed.

If Silksong can capture half of the awe and wonder I felt playing HK I'll be a happy chap.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
I checked into a hotel two nights ago on a vacation with my kids and the hotel clerk had a laptop with Hollow Knight stickers on it, so I brought it up.

They then murdered me by saying "By the time Silksong comes out I'll be your age" 😵

If said hotel clerk is an Era member, hi.
Holy shit. Ice cold.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
All Team Cherry members are millionaires after how much HK sold, they don't need any funding.
But that forgoes the first rule of business- why spend your own money when you can spend someone else's?

Edit: also millions in Australia actually doesn't go that far it's a nice house and car and comfortable living but the average house price in a capital city is over 2M aud it feels like 😵‍💫

Oct 25, 2017
But that forgoes the first rule of business- why spend your own money when you can spend someone else's?

Edit: also millions in Australia actually doesn't go that far it's a nice house and car and comfortable living but the average house price in a capital city is over 2M aud it feels like 😵‍💫

2 million gets you an entire house? Lucky. Gets me a letterbox.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I asked my Microsoft contact - let's call him Grill Mencer - and he said release date is 19/07. So you all know now.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Someone here said that we might see it by the end of the month

Captura_de_ecra_2024-04-03_190018.png

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Someone here said that we might see it by the end of the month

Captura_de_ecra_2024-04-03_190018.png

The May part feels like speculation to me. But maybe I am reading too much into it. I am certainly not getting my hopes up :p it's coming soon, but they have waited this long, I don't know why you don't just wait a bit longer until SGF or Xbox at this point.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
The May part feels like speculation to me. But maybe I am reading too much into it. I am certainly not getting my hopes up :p it's coming soon, but they have waited this long, I don't know why you don't just wait a bit longer until SGF or Xbox at this point.
Realistically they don't need any of these events, the game can release whenever they want and it'll sell millions.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
I still say this has Xbox June Showcase shadow drop written all over it.

Already coming to Game Pass and with a June showcase appearance it'd get a lot of eyeballs.