infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
yeah so uh what the fuck i just finalized my menu and im sitting here shook

i was on gaf 5 years ago posting about needing help to flee abusive nonsense in florida to go to pastry school in a state ive never been to while young and dumb as shit. now this week i'm taking over the michelin restaurant im currently sous chef of and am doing a coursed prefix dessert menu. all the tickets to my popup sold out a few weeks ago, which i still cant wrap my head around.

my chef blew up in NYT last month so ive been hiding under rocks about my career to avoid any semblance of spotlight but now this tuesday is the day im putting myself out there as the pastry chef of this restaurant in this city and im TERRIFIED

pray4me

IM SO NERVOUS

Trike

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
God damn congrats and good luck! Awesome that you turned things around.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
That's awesome! Congrats and good luck, man.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Remember reading your posts on GAF. You've come a long way. Congratulations!

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Holy shit, good on you. You're at the pinnacle of the food world, proud of your journey to the top.

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Woot! Congrats! That sounds like an incredible opportunity. You got this!

edit: sorry! remembered your LA thread and just realized I called you 'man' lol

Last edited:

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
That's awesome! I actually remember your threads about pastry school, good luck Bento!

Just remember to take deep breaths and be cool, even if it's a Michelin restaurant, it's still a restaurant, so don't feel like you can't conquer it!

Dec 31, 2017
source.gif

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
You got this, gorl. Best wishes.

Don't forget about your friends over Iron-Era when you make it to TV and need a writer feel like sharing some tips.

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
you can do it dude! hard work and keeping an eye on your vision and you'll get there.
remember all your favourite chefs started just where you are now, believe in yourself.

SnowHawk

Oct 28, 2017
England
You can't just say you're a pastry chef of a highly rated restaurant and not post any pics, it's like the law or something. 😑

congratulations though!

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
yeah so uh what the fuck i just finalized my menu and im sitting here shook

i was on gaf 5 years ago posting about needing help to flee abusive nonsense in florida to go to pastry school in a state ive never been to while young and dumb as shit. now this week i'm taking over the michelin restaurant im currently sous chef of and am doing a coursed prefix dessert menu. all the tickets to my popup sold out a few weeks ago, which i still cant wrap my head around.

my chef blew up in NYT last month so ive been hiding under rocks about my career to avoid any semblance of spotlight but now this tuesday is the day im putting myself out there as the pastry chef of this restaurant in this city and im TERRIFIED

pray4me

IM SO NERVOUS

Awesome. Congrats. You will be great!

Dupy

Oct 31, 2017
Nice! Just remember that you got here for a reason. You'll be fine.

And yeah can you share your desserts? I've got a big sweet tooth and I love new treats.