I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
A homeowner burned down their house in Montgomery County, Maryland, while trying to chase off snakes, officials say.

The homeowner tried to use smoke to fight a snake infestation in a home on Big Woods Road near Poolesville, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesman Pete Piringer said.

Hot coals got too close to flammable materials and caught fire. About 75 firefighters responded at 10 p.m. Tuesday, Piringer said.

The fire spread from the basement and consumed the home, causing more than $1 million in damage, officials say. Photos show flames shooting from the roof and second-story windows.

Sucks. You get snakes and then you burn down your house.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
That's a lot of well-done snakes
metal-gear-solid-3-10-amazing-things-you-can-eat.jpg

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
era wouldn't burn the house down. era would take a picture and ask what kind of snake it is or ask if a snake bite is lethal before thinking of going to a doctor

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Wouldn't it be easier to cut the heat and wait till they freeze to death because some cold ass days are coming.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And he could have just called pest control for a few hundred bucks probably

Jan 29, 2018
I wonder how many snakes counts as an infestation.

Does homeowners insurance still work if you do something monumentally stupid?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Ehh Eraeque would be if he made a reddit post with hundreds of replies telling him not to do this, only for an update weeks later informing everyone that he did it and it went bad

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I almost bought a house, but the home inspection came back that the attic was infested with and I quote "Dozens of small birds, and more than an acceptable number of snakes." $300 well spent.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
There used to be a show on Animal Planet back when it was a channel about animals called Infested. and this was the plot of one of the episodes. Thousands of garter snakes were under his house lol. I think he ended up just having to move.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if their insurance will cover this.

edit: Actually, I can see the Farmers insurance commercial already.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
A snake infestation would mind break me, I can't even handle small non-venomous ones.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Article also mentions a 7 foot snake found in a different house in Maryland. Fuck that shit.