Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmm....seems very tonally different from the other games in the series (excluding Deserts of Kharak which I haven't played), in that it's definitely more bombastic and feels a bit more overt with the antagonist.

I'm sure it'll probably be on deep sale or in a Humble Bundle at some point. Might be a good candidate to pick up at that point.

Mango Polo

Nov 2, 2017
Hmmmm....seems very tonally different from the other games in the series (excluding Deserts of Kharak which I haven't played), in that it's definitely more bombastic and feels a bit more overt with the antagonist.
This feels like the trailer for people who don't know of Homeworld. Which is actually offputting if it's reflective of the game.

lurtuz

Jun 25, 2019

I'm sure it'll probably be on deep sale or in a Humble Bundle at some point. Might be a good candidate to pick up at that point.

I am not going to watch the trailer since I am already a few missions into Homeworld 3, but there have been multiple cutscenes that are either homages or straight-up 1:1 recreations of scenes from Homeworld 1. It remains to be seen how well they do, but so far, they are definitely trying to capture some of the tone of the original. I'm not sure how I feel about the full 3D characters speaking in cutscenes, though. Keeping the motion comic style would have just been better, in my opinion.