billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
Boothill gives us all time to save so lets thank him

i'm in a weird position where there's multiple characters that are up for reruns soon i really want, but I kind of hope he doesn't get one of them to give me a break cause I'm definitely pulling for robin and topaz(if she ends up being the rerun on robins banner which seems likely). If fu xuan or huohuo pop up on boothills banner its gonna be a rough time for me.

J-Shy

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
remember, rerun rumors are almost always wrong until they're announced on the live stream.
Iirc the correct rumor of Luocha and Jingliu being rerun in 2.1 came out the day before the live stream. So yeah, I'm waiting for official confirmation next week before planning anything. Luocha and Jingyuan have shown that certain characters can be thrown into the dungeon for many patches.
I keep meaning to pull a sustain, but they keep releasing cool DPS characters so I'm stuffed.
Same. It also doesn't help that many of the 4 star sustains are generally great and continue to find niches. Fire TB pairs excellent with Acheron, Gallagher is proving to be a very good sustain with all his utility, and Lynx continues to have a strong case. I see her pairing very well with Sam. She's also the most adorable thing ever and every time I see one of her idles I'm reminded why I never want to bench her.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
i'm in a weird position where there's multiple characters that are up for reruns soon i really want, but I kind of hope he doesn't get one of them to give me a break cause I'm definitely pulling for robin and topaz(if she ends up being the rerun on robins banner which seems likely). If fu xuan or huohuo pop up on boothills banner its gonna be a rough time for me.
Its probably the worst case scenario tbh. Topaz, Fu Xuan and HuoHuo are the most likely reruns, I want all of them and also theres Robin and Sam. Budgeting around this seems impossible.

Tbh I may skip on FX and HuoHuo for another 2.X sustain since Aventurine didnt dissapoint, but thats a lot of months coping with Lynx and Gallagher.

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
Yeah, I don't get Acheron havers that want Aventurine since TB does the same for cheap (lots of de buffs)

I didn't pull aventurine for my acheron team. My account was just in need of another good sustain. Was perfectly happy with my gallagher in my acheron team. Then I tried aventurine on her team and he was straight up busted XD. That being said, i'm happy to have him for the ability to run him in a lot of different teams(really want to build robin, aventurine, topaz, ratio follow up when robin is out and topaz reruns).

he's also absolutely insane in simulated universe.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I may skip on FX and HuoHuo for another 2.X sustain since Aventurine didnt dissapoint, but thats a lot of months coping with Lynx and Gallagher.

sunday the harmony healer you mean 😎

Iirc the correct rumor of Luocha and Jingliu being rerun in 2.1 came out the day before the live stream. So yeah, I'm waiting for official confirmation next week before planning anything. Luocha and Jingyuan have shown that certain characters can be thrown into the dungeon for many patches.

Same. It also doesn't help that many of the 4 star sustains are generally great and continue to find niches. Fire TB pairs excellent with Acheron, Gallagher is proving to be a very good sustain with all his utility, and Lynx continues to have a strong case. I see her pairing very well with Sam. She's also the most adorable thing ever and every time I see one of her idles I'm reminded why I never want to bench her.

yep in which that case someone liked saw the stream or script.

Vylash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone, stop what you're doing, we got breaking news.

vIDlVAf.png

Yanqing is officially C-tier in MoC now.
Fake News, no website will ever convince me to use that geek

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Just checked my Aventurine build in Fribbel's, and needless to say, I'm pretty happy with how his relics turned out.

Aventurine-4-20-2024-15-35-27.png

That last 51 DEF is kinda irking me, and I wouldn't mind more SPD, but feels like getting that could be pretty tough with how well everything else turned out.

Jan 19, 2022
Alright, in the spirit of Aventurine, who wants to take me up on this story bet.

Sam leaves the Stellaron Hunters and joins the Astral Express at the end of the Penacony main story.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
As they increase enemy HP over time, I'm guessing that won't be possible in the future.
Increasing enemy HP is less important than the cycle allowance. It doesn't matter how hard they make the fight; full-clearing MoC 12 requires that you do both sides together in 10 cycles. Given that that's what you're building to do, you just don't need a sustain that can keep you alive long-term.

Sustains are an odd class because they're extremely important for letting you access higher tiers of content early on, but then they start falling off. The more damage you do, the less you care about sustaining, and the hardest content outside of SU is primarily a damage-per-cycle check rather than an all-around hard fight. "Don't use a sustain" is probably good advice for almost everyone trying to get more stars in Pure Fiction, and even in MoC you don't need a whole lot of protection given the time constraints.

My own experience is that Gepard was really useful early on when first going through the story, then struggled to keep up when I might need 7 cycles to finish a side in high-end MoC, and now is very comfortable again because I only need him to last 3 or 4 cycles. I no longer feel much pressure to upgrade to Fu Xuan or Aventurine.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK

Ha!

I wish my girl Natasha had a little more power in her pocket. Loved her role as medic, come 'resistance' leader, along with her personal story and rocky relationship with her brother.

Alas, as a free day one healer, she is doomed. But I might invest in her for the hell of it.

Jan 19, 2022
Ha!

I wish my girl Natasha had a little more power in her pocket. Loved her role as medic, come 'resistance' leader, along with her personal story and rocky relationship with her brother.

Alas, as a free day one healer, she is doomed. But I might invest in her for the hell of it.
I love Natasha's character and her voice actress, and she is great in the early game as healer.
But I can't get over how bad her character design is.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Someone wake me up when Boothill releases.
(Man, I hate when characters I want to pull only release in phase 2 of a patch.)

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Ooh that's a cool theory.
I do hope she gets even more time to shine in the next patches.
With the end teaser and seeing how Aventurine was treated this patch I think it is 100% there will be heavier Sam focus in the next two patches.

Though considering her condition i doubt she'd join the express as cool as it would be.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Sustains are an odd class because they're extremely important for letting you access higher tiers of content early on, but then they start falling off. The more damage you do, the less you care about sustaining, and the hardest content outside of SU is primarily a damage-per-cycle check rather than an all-around hard fight. "Don't use a sustain" is probably good advice for almost everyone trying to get more stars in Pure Fiction, and even in MoC you don't need a whole lot of protection given the time constraints.

My own experience is that Gepard was really useful early on when first going through the story, then struggled to keep up when I might need 7 cycles to finish a side in high-end MoC, and now is very comfortable again because I only need him to last 3 or 4 cycles. I no longer feel much pressure to upgrade to Fu Xuan or Aventurine.

the big thing is you need luck and getting the right characters, but then you also need the resources to kit out your two teams while also investing in sustains for SU and such.

FX and aventurine also contribute a pretty significant amount of dps compared to other characters.

if you can, at will, pull on any banner you need, sustains go down, but if you need months of planning for currency, you need to make long term decisions on what you pull.

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
yall ever roll a piece for rainbow and it ends up pretty dope but doesn't fit on any of your characters? Had a head relic with spd/crit/critdmg and all rolls went into speed. messes speed tuning up on one of my bronya, and breaks important 2 piece bonuses on other characters that would want it and I don't have viable other pieces to fix their 2 piece with a different piece.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Just finished a conondrum 8 run with Aventurine and he was capable of sustaining everything (helped by Welt, I should mention this) without a single blessing of preservation because I forgot to change the banned paths for the resonance interplay. He's that good

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
if they rerun Fu Xuan soon, they can rerun her again in December when her figure comes out.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Tempting reruns I don't have are Argenti and Huo Huo since I have a lot of fun in trials with them but I'm good on DPS and Sustains. I say that but yeah I'm still all about getting Sam.

Neghis

Dec 29, 2022
With the end teaser and seeing how Aventurine was treated this patch I think it is 100% there will be heavier Sam focus in the next two patches.

Though considering her condition i doubt she'd join the express as cool as it would be.
True and honestly I would like for the current Express crew to get some time in the spotlight before others join.

Because so far Himeko and Welt have barely gotten any real attention. And just in general I'd love for there to be some more fun and meaningfull interaction between them that is not relegated to side quests or them talking about the main quest.
For example I really liked the way the story handled DH reunion with the crew just before the climax of the previous arc, a somber but still sweet moment.

I really like these characters and I would love if the story could make them feel like a real family (which imo it has only partially succeeded at). But I guess we're still in the early stages of the larger story.

Pls excuse my late night ramblings.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
yall ever roll a piece for rainbow and it ends up pretty dope but doesn't fit on any of your characters? Had a head relic with spd/crit/critdmg and all rolls went into speed. messes speed tuning up on one of my bronya, and breaks important 2 piece bonuses on other characters that would want it and I don't have viable other pieces to fix their 2 piece with a different piece.
best pieces to get someone to 161 speed with

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to those who gave their Aventurine impressions. I'm still a bit tempted but I'll wait until the preview to decide. I'd like to make a full on FUA team but passed on Topaz the first time round. I'd rather get her if it's between the two and I'm still not sure where I stand with Robin. Jade reserves still need time to fully recover after Acheron so I'll sit tight for the moment.

I feel personally attacked.

giphy.gif
As you should.

You think I want opinions from someone who could push me over the edge sway me with their cracked out character? In this jade economy??

giphy.gif

When Acheron reruns and I consider shooting for the moon with eidolons you'll be the first person I consult.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Alright, in the spirit of Aventurine, who wants to take me up on this story bet.

Sam leaves the Stellaron Hunters and joins the Astral Express at the end of the Penacony main story.
Sure, I am willing to take the bet. I am on the side that Sam will not join the Astral Express at the end of the Penacony main story. How about an avatar bet for the duration of the Star Rail patch version featuring the end of the Penacony main story? If I win, you have to change your avatar to your choice of one of these:

hsr-robin-x-sunday-01.jpg

magi-alakou-01.jpg

fate-siegxastolfo-01.jpg

fe-chromxrobin-01-L.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I got into this game a month ago so I'm missing a ton of units.. but the only one I really want is Kafka but she seems to be far away so I have time to save for her, aside of that maybe Silver Wolf and Sparkle to do the funny mono quantum thing.

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
I'm really itching to try this team idea out when sam goes live. From what I think I read sam is able to implant fire weakness on enemies which has me really debating a mono fire team. Sam/Asta/Gallagher/guin or himeko. Seems like it could be a fun team and while himeko is probably the better character it would give me a good team to use my guin in and I love guin. I think it would also be neat to have a super viable team of a 5-star character supported by 4 4-star characters.

Like yeah i'm sure this is the obvious route to go but i think it would be a fun team with characters I really like that I don't get to use much

Edit: looks like the fire weakness implant is from their e1 currently, which in fairness I will probably try to pull a couple copies of them. firefly <3

Last edited:

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How do yall get to speed breakpoints like 161 on your supports? Rainbow relics or get super lucky with speed substats?

I'm trying to get Bronya to 161 for Jingliu, but I'm stuck at 141 forever now.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I've been planning to get Topaz on her rerun for ages but since my pull luck hasn't been the best I'm starting to doubt if I should. I don't really like to run Ratio so she'd be more of a JY or Clara supporter instead. Which is still a good niche for her, but with so many characters on the horizon I'm interested in, I'm not sure how worth it she is.

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
just realized that losing a 50/50 to bronya last week ruined her ability to speed tune(pushed me to e2). guess i just gotta start working on hyperspeed bronya -_-

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really itching to try this team idea out when sam goes live. From what I think I read sam is able to implant fire weakness on enemies which has me really debating a mono fire team. Sam/Asta/Gallagher/guin or himeko. Seems like it could be a fun team and while himeko is probably the better character it would give me a good team to use my guin in and I love guin. I think it would also be neat to have a super viable team of a 5-star character supported by 4 4-star characters.

Lol does sound fun. Finally getting viable break comps opens up a lot of new possibilities in teambuilding. HMC's super break damage combined with Asta's bounce seems like it might have funny results too.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Assuming Sam does indeed work with break comps, Ruan Mei/HMC/Sam/Gallagher sounds really neat. Pretty F2P friendly too.