• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
went back to get my 80K ditching the sustains for IV

vjkiTsc.png

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
got more luck leveling the orbs and spheres i got today from SU than anything during this event. Just need a salsotto def orb for Aventurine than im pretty much done with his build

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
was able to just brute force my way through the new PF with acheron team on one side and jingliu team on the other. Not too bad. The jingliu side was definitely having a little bit of trouble but still managed it with some character swaps.

Last edited:

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
This Pure Fiction is so much better than the last one for me. It took a few tries and character rearranging, but we got all the stars. My lack of physical damaging characters really hurt me during the last one.

Still just missing a great dps on my other team. Fire weakness implanting mecha pilot woman hurry up and help me please!

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Cleared the first two stages of the new PF. When you can get the breaks flowing, Himeko has to be one of the most satisfying characters in the game to use. So much fun to see her tear through everyone.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Cleared the first two stages of the new PF. When you can get the breaks flowing, Himeko has to be one of the most satisfying characters in the game to use. So much fun to see her tear through everyone.

I beat PF4-1 using Himeko, Herta, Xueyi, and Ruan Mei.

Basically took no damage, just constant breaks triggering FUA, breaking, triggering more FUAs, giving me Ults, to break more, and trigger more FUAs.

Just supremely satisfying.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I am glad I got Aventurine so I can skip FX and be able to save up more jade to possibly get E1S0 Firefly.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
The current MSQ story is interesting from a lore standpoint but I don't know if it was presented that well. The voiced scenes over still pictures was weird when this game is generating millions in revenue. Lots of cryptic dialog with vague insinuations that don't lead to anything interesting either.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Some YT comments are wild, someone actually said they didn't pull Aventurine because he is too niche and doesn't fit most teams?what?

Neghis

Dec 29, 2022
The current MSQ story is interesting from a lore standpoint but I don't know if it was presented that well. The voiced scenes over still pictures was weird when this game is generating millions in revenue. Lots of cryptic dialog with vague insinuations that don't lead to anything interesting either.
Yeah the cryptic dialogue has been an issue since day 1 imo and has only gotten worse in Penacony.
Like Aventurine is a great character and I like how they fleshed him out, but sometimes their vague wording really gets in the way of conveying an emotional story.

This may be a me problem but lately after a lot of the longer conversations, I have to take a second to actually condense what the characters were talking about. So much repeating ideas/sentiments, vague wording and in-universe terms (though that gets better the more you know about the lore).

I still really like the writing in this game, it's just that the last 2 patches were a bit much when it came to this.

Vylash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belobog was literally perfect, idk why they can't write a story like that again

Last edited:

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
won 50/50 for aventurine e1, woo! Would like his e2 for acheron but thats gonna have to wait for a rerun unless i somehow get a super duper crazy early win before he goes away

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I feel like any Pure Fiction cycle with follow-up buffs will be easier compared to the others because of the Herta/Himeko combo.

Screenshot-2024-04-29-200950.jpg

Herta/Himeko still good, and Serval is still putting in just enough work for 3-stars, which is good enough for me.

Neghis

Dec 29, 2022
Belabog was literally perfect, idk why they can't write a story like that again
Yeah Belobog had the advantage that it was a classic/pretty simple story and I hope they do something like that again later. But I really like what they are doing now I just wish it was presented better.

I wonder if every translation has the same issue or that is it is mostly an english localisation issue?

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I believe that of characters who have not had a re-run yet, the line starts with Huohuo and Argenti from 1.5 before Ratio and Ruan Mei from 1.6. However, of all characters, Seele and Silver Wolf have not been featured for longer than Ruan Mei, and Kafka and Blade re-ran during 1.6. So arguably there are eight characters who are at least as re-runnable as Ruan Mei in 2.3, and two who clearly have more of a "right" to it and would need to be skipped.

Ruan Mei seems like a good enough fit for Firefly and Boothill that I could see her getting prioritized, but you can see that with 2.2 we'll be in new territory, where now there are characters who have had re-runs already who are probably due for another re-run, and the average time to a re-run will have to start growing if they continue to release 2 new characters with 2 re-runs per patch.

Yeah the cryptic dialogue has been an issue since day 1 imo and has only gotten worse in Penacony.
Like Aventurine is a great character and I like how they fleshed him out, but sometimes their vague wording really gets in the way of conveying an emotional story.
I'm not sure that what they're saying is complicated, exactly, but Penacony has the usual mystery (especially anime mystery) problem where lots of characters know more than you, and those characters get scenes where they're not trying to conceal information, but the writers nevertheless need them to not give the game away. Think of the stock scene where a character is killed by an unknown-to-the-audience assailant and cries out "You?!" before getting shot. This can get especially awkward in localization, where, e.g., two people will be talking about how "that person" is behind all of this without naming or even gendering them.

In 2.1 they wanted to do an Ocean's Eleven kind of thing with Aventurine, where you spend a lot of time with him while his plan is developing, but you don't actually understand the plan until pretty late. This gets weird because he spends so much time with Ratio, who seems to be in on most of it, where they both talk around what's actually going on just in order to keep you in suspense.

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
I get that people feel like the story and dialogue of penacony has been kind of convoluted but honestly I grew up on JRPG's and it all seems fairly normal to me. I love the atmosphere of penacony so much. It has just been such a cool location and I will personally miss it when we move on.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Its easy to get lost in the endless sea of terms and proper nouns they keep using, but its overall good imo. The game likes using those terms to give a bunch of sentences cool double meanings. I liked it this time around, but im ngl and say I didnt tune out during the Luofu.

Ive still got the term Gaiathra Triclops stuck in my head.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
After getting Jingliu to 80 and maxed traces, decided to just toss some of the random Quantum gear I had lying around on her, the ones that had a lot of crit damage that I'm not using on others since they need crit rate, and she's apparently in a pretty good place more or less.
Boots could be better, but that's the case for almost all my characters, so it'll probably be a while until I get something better.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
I believe that of characters who have not had a re-run yet, the line starts with Huohuo and Argenti from 1.5 before Ratio and Ruan Mei from 1.6. However, of all characters, Seele and Silver Wolf have not been featured for longer than Ruan Mei, and Kafka and Blade re-ran during 1.6. So arguably there are eight characters who are at least as re-runnable as Ruan Mei in 2.3, and two who clearly have more of a "right" to it and would need to be skipped.

Ruan Mei seems like a good enough fit for Firefly and Boothill that I could see her getting prioritized, but you can see that with 2.2 we'll be in new territory, where now there are characters who have had re-runs already who are probably due for another re-run, and the average time to a re-run will have to start growing if they continue to release 2 new characters with 2 re-runs per patch.

They messed with the order quite a bit on the first round of reruns, so I don't see why they won't do that again to prioritize synergies.

As for Seele, etc. I do wonder if we'll see the addition of a second rerun banner in the not-too-distant future. I think it could make sense to start that in 2.3 or 2.4, and that one would start from 1.0 again, as the first rerun banner would be in 2.0 territory by that point.

Makes me think I better start saving for Kafka, either way...

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That reminds me that I was supposed to use this 3x to make Jingliu better.

Edit:
UCDIk76.png

I'd like to be closer to 50% CR to have 100 during her buffed state but I can just use FX to be at 90% with that.

I do have a head piece with potential to level
ZEkzb9R.jpg

Just go all into CR% with maybe once in CD% and make the last stat ATK%

Last edited:

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Best FUA team I can do right now is : Ratio/Clara/Aventurine/Himeko or Herta...

Himeko, Herta, and a support should be able to get you through the first side, and you probably won't need a sustain.

And I think Dr. Ratio, Clara, Aventurine, and a support should be able to get you to 60k on the second half. Just focus on the harder enemies and let the turbulence take down the weaker enemies.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Himeko, Herta, and a support should be able to get you through the first side, and you probably won't need a sustain.

And I think Dr. Ratio, Clara, Aventurine, and a support should be able to get you to 60k on the second half. Just focus on the harder enemies and let the turbulence take down the weaker enemies.
Yeah I can try that out and try to get Robin when she releases.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Is there anything available for Robin to prefarm? Or is it new mats with the patch?

I'd like to get a start on Topaz but i'm only getting her in an ideal double 50/50 win scenario so can't bank on it.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Is there anything available for Robin to prefarm? Or is it new mats with the patch?

I'd like to get a start on Topaz but i'm only getting her in an ideal double 50/50 win scenario so can't bank on it.

She'll use the Penacony Harmony trace mats, and all her best relics are available now.

Hakushin, etc. say she uses the Skaracabaz weekly boss drops, which is a bit surprising? But maybe they want us to be able to use her on day 1. And they show Boothill using the drops from the new weekly boss, too.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
She does need Stagnant Shadow ascension mats that will only be up with 2.2 but everything else in possible right now.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
She'll use the Penacony Harmony trace mats, and all her best relics are available now.

Hakushin, etc. say she uses the Skaracabaz weekly boss drops, which is a bit surprising? But maybe they want us to be able to use her on day 1. And they show Boothill using the drops from the new weekly boss, too.
Thank
She does need Stagnant Shadow ascension mats that will only be up with 2.2 but everything else in possible right now.
You kindly.

Oct 26, 2017
Its easy to get lost in the endless sea of terms and proper nouns they keep using, but its overall good imo. The game likes using those terms to give a bunch of sentences cool double meanings. I liked it this time around, but im ngl and say I didnt tune out during the Luofu.

Ive still got the term Gaiathra Triclops stuck in my head.

I feel like after the first mention they could have just dropped it down to Gaiathra instead of saying "Gaiathra Triclops" every time.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got Aventurine on 50/50 last night and just finished leveling up his relics and getting most of his traces to at least 7.

Had to sacrifice some DEF and dip down to 3750 DEF instead of 4K+ so that I could use SPD boots but my god, y'all weren't lying about him being broken. My teams with him are unkillable. There's never a point where they don't have shields. It's actually insane. Still going to try and get him back up to 4k+ DEF.

It took me a while to get him because I was contemplating skipping him for Fu Xuan (still might get her just because why not) but after using him I feel completely satisfied with my decision if I don't end up getting Fu Xuan too lol.