Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Such a bummer that Boothill is stuffed in between Acheron, Firefly, Ruan Mei rerun and Jiaoqui. I am only buying that daily login thing and I don't intend to whale (and I don't need another dps haha). But f.. Boothill would have been an easy pull a few months back, now I am strapped.

I find personally that most MHY trailers are misses but damn Boothill got a great one.

Really? All the character trailers from HSR have been insane, still an opinion though.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't finished building Gallagher but he just dealt 250k on break with his ultimate against a single elite (I had Ruan Mei and HMC on the team as well of course). That's insane damage for a sustain.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Well Feixiao has been leaked to be some FUA and Break combination DPS so who knows how that'll work out lol.

I feel it's very likely we will also see a handful of break supports soon.

Definitely curious if Feixiao is going to be a Break support for Firefly's team, replacing Harmony TB.

Would be wild if she enabled Super Break and FUAs any enemy when they're broken.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Cool Boothill fanart:

GNe0AKMaMAQp_MZ

by https://x.com/segseu

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
In the prologue, when you were still on the Herta Space Station and have not chosen to board the Astral Express, have you tried talking to Herta and Asta repeatedly and insist on staying on HSS?
I understand that this is not the first time the credits have appeared, with appearing in 1.0, 2.0, and now 2.2. In three out of four instances, those credits were a fake-out, but the fourth and last that concluded 2.2 seems to be taken more seriously. Penacony also has much greater Elio involvement and a much greater use of the script, like how there's a readable in Dreamflux Reef that is theorized to be an invitation from Elio to Sunday, and how the the screen you use to transition between perspectives in the story quest features a typewriter with a cat.

So are you saying that these 2.2 credits are also a fake-out and that 2.3 is when we get the real, real, real ending?

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
I understand that this is not the first time the credits have appeared, with appearing in 1.0, 2.0, and now 2.2. In three out of four instances, those credits were a fake-out, but the fourth and last that concluded 2.2 seems to be taken more seriously. Penacony also has much greater Elio involvement and a much greater use of the script, like how there's a readable in Dreamflux Reef that is theorized to be an invitation from Elio to Sunday, and how the the screen you use to transition between perspectives in the story quest features a typewriter with a cat.

So are you saying that these 2.2 credits are also a fake-out and that 2.3 is when we get the real, real, real ending?
The HSS ending is not a fake-out. It is a bad ending, one that Trailblazer can choose by staying on HSS instead of joining the Astral Express.

Who is the person below the pizza box?

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The HSS ending is not a fake-out. It is a bad ending, one that Trailblazer can choose by staying on HSS instead of joining the Astral Express.

Male Trailblazer
Lovely art. I think they've done a really good job of balancing the cast. Some get more than others, but I'll be sad to leave this group behind when we do move on.

Lots of good pairings and characters who bounce off each other nicely.
Yeah it a nice cast, We still have the Epilogue in 2.3! I now want pizza and a Sam Model kit to build!

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Right, my mistake, the HSS ending and the 2.0 ending are both bad ends, while 2.2 is a fake-out ending. They are intended/real endings, because if you want to keep playing the game, you have to load back in and choose the other choice. Regardless, credits showing up hasn't exactly been a great thing the last three times it's showed up.

Disregarding the 2.2 fake-out ending, HSS and 2.0 can both be considered deviations from Elio's script, so the Trailblazer has agency to defy the script. But at the same, we don't have agency to defy the script, because Hoyoverse doesn't let us keep playing the game if we choose the alternative. In the end, we have to play the "role" assigned to us in the script in order to continue with the story. It's all a bit meta, because Elio and Hoyoverse are basically occupying the same position as the script writer.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
now im just farming mats for firefly so need like 100 purples than im done with that.

the hard part is needing 12 tracks of Destiny to finish Topaz than Firefly, and that's a slow process.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have 33 tracks of Destiny on me but would need an extra like 70 for everyone I want to upgrade. Characters I use a lot get priority and sometimes I just don't feel like traces farming.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Such a bummer that Boothill is stuffed in between Acheron, Firefly, Ruan Mei rerun and Jiaoqui. I am only buying that daily login thing and I don't intend to whale (and I don't need another dps haha). But f.. Boothill would have been an easy pull a few months back, now I am strapped.

Really? All the character trailers from HSR have been insane, still an opinion though.
Yeah, I know I'm in the minority though. I'm just not a fan of their style in general. Their animation shorts though.. *chefs kiss*

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
I guess Hoyo has just completely given up on removing leaked stuff from YouTube?

Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but there are a ton of accounts using the offline / private server version to showcase new characters.

Since I've watched a fair number of them, they're getting recommended to me regularly now, and I see no indication that Hoyo is doing anything to stop them. The same accounts post new videos week after week.

OP
OP
SubvertedTrope
Sep 14, 2018
I've been waiting for Fu Xuan for literal months, her banner just ended when I started playing. I dgaf that Aventurine can solo sustain high conundrum and she can't, I've never even touched high conundrum. Her tanking method of damage redirection is a lot more interesting to me than just shields.

Here's my latest build for her, with Matrix she should reach 8k HP and with one hit her DEF shoots up about 400 extra points I think, this should make her immortal in the content I care about, MoC and AS. By the way, I think fribbels has some blind spots, that orb is great for her and I bet if it had any speed it would shoot up like 10 points even though she wouldn't reach the next breakpoint. I mean look at the chest and orb, both main stat HP% with double roll into DEF% but one has speed and the other doesn't, difference of 12 points, what the fuck?

On another note, that new DPS score simulation thing on fribbels is an absolute mess.

Fu-Xuan-5-24-2024-20-18-15.png

Last edited:

Carlquincy

Jul 25, 2022
Hey all, I'm a new player to Star Rail. Super overwhelmed so far, haha. I played Genshin Impact for a few months; I think I quit around the time Xiao came along. I came back to roll for Raiden and left again soon afterward. I was a little interested in Star Rail, but I generally lose interest in most gacha games quickly. The reason is I find that I'm playing purely to accumulate gems to roll. I don't pay attention to the story or the setting. I just skip all the dialogue and just complete every quest I can for more gems.

I have four friends who decided last year to cosplay as four Stellaron Hunters for an anime convention this year. One of them wanted to cosplay as a cool character named SAM. Of course he was so excited and eager to show me the video where they reveal SAM's identity. I think Firefly looks so cool, and my friends compared Star Rail favorably to Genshin Impact as far as quality of life goes, so I decided to finally start playing. And I committed myself to reading "most" of the dialogue haha (there's soooo much dialogue, I've been skipping the bubble memory ones). I'm not planning on spending any money (I've spent way too much on gacha throughout my life), so I'm working on getting as many Stellar Jade as possible to blow it all on Firefly when she comes out.

My free rolls haven't been hot, from what my friend said, but I'm having a pretty good time so far. I only got the guaranteed 5 star from the beginning (Yanqing, I heard he's bad ha). Not sure how long I'll play but I hope to be here for a few months at least!

Welcome! Are you familiar with gacha in general? Getting yanqing is kinda unfortunate... How far are you in the game? Will you be interesting in rerolling?

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for Fu Xuan for literal months, her banner just ended when I started playing. I dgaf that Aventurine can solo sustain high conundrum and she can't, I've never even touched high conundrum. Her tanking method of damage redirection is a lot more interesting to me than just shields.

Here's my latest build for her, with Matrix she should reach 8k HP and with one hit her DEF shoots up about 400 extra points I think, this should make her immortal in the content I care about, MoC and AS. By the way, I think fribbels has some blind spots, that orb is great for her and I bet if it had any speed it would shoot up like 10 points even though she wouldn't reach the next breakpoint. I mean look at the chest and orb, both main stat HP% with double roll into DEF% but one has speed and the other doesn't, difference of 12 points, what the fuck?

On another note, that new DPS score simulation thing on fribbels is an absolute mess.

Fu-Xuan-5-24-2024-20-18-15.png

Yeah that DPS thing is terrible, and makes no sense.

This is why I want to pull Fu Xuan, because I have all this stuff prepped and ready for her.

image.png

Been collecting stuff getting ready for her for months, and now she has been placed in the worst position possible. After Aventurine and before Firefly and Jade

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Welcome! Are you familiar with gacha in general? Getting yanqing is kinda unfortunate... How far are you in the game? Will you be interesting in rerolling?
I'd say I'm fairly familiar with gacha mechanics. I did see that Yanqing is probably the worst one of the main banner. I'm kinda used to being unlucky though haha. Right now I'm on the first world after boarding the Express where you meet characters like Bronya and Seele. It's still super early in the game, but I'm not interested in rerolling as I have limited time. I rather just get as many Stellar Jade as possible in preparation for Firefly.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Hey all, I'm a new player to Star Rail. Super overwhelmed so far, haha. I played Genshin Impact for a few months; I think I quit around the time Xiao came along. I came back to roll for Raiden and left again soon afterward. I was a little interested in Star Rail, but I generally lose interest in most gacha games quickly. The reason is I find that I'm playing purely to accumulate gems to roll. I don't pay attention to the story or the setting. I just skip all the dialogue and just complete every quest I can for more gems.

I have four friends who decided last year to cosplay as four Stellaron Hunters for an anime convention this year. One of them wanted to cosplay as a cool character named SAM. Of course he was so excited and eager to show me the video where they reveal SAM's identity. I think Firefly looks so cool, and my friends compared Star Rail favorably to Genshin Impact as far as quality of life goes, so I decided to finally start playing. And I committed myself to reading "most" of the dialogue haha (there's soooo much dialogue, I've been skipping the bubble memory ones). I'm not planning on spending any money (I've spent way too much on gacha throughout my life), so I'm working on getting as many Stellar Jade as possible to blow it all on Firefly when she comes out.

My free rolls haven't been hot, from what my friend said, but I'm having a pretty good time so far. I only got the guaranteed 5 star from the beginning (Yanqing, I heard he's bad ha). Not sure how long I'll play but I hope to be here for a few months at least!

Forgot to extend a hearty welcome - welcome! Hope you enjoy your time with the game and stick around for a bit. There's always ebbs and flows so there never any harm in dropping off for a bit.

I definitely think this game has better QoL than Genshin and is easier to play, do what you want to do and get off. Though to be fair to the devs over there, QoL is starting to trickle down.

I'm currently at 401 pulls for Firefly. Some people in here are above me. Good luck!

Carlquincy

Jul 25, 2022
I'd say I'm fairly familiar with gacha mechanics. I did see that Yanqing is probably the worst one of the main banner. I'm kinda used to being unlucky though haha. Right now I'm on the first world after boarding the Express where you meet characters like Bronya and Seele. It's still super early in the game, but I'm not interested in rerolling as I have limited time. I rather just get as many Stellar Jade as possible in preparation for Firefly.

No prob.

Check out this beginner guide.

Dont worry about the tier list. It's for the hardest content in the game. The starter units are pretty good. If you have a healer (Lynx or Gallagher) other than Natasha, then use them instead. Else Natasha is fine.

Enjoy!!!

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
There are leaks for the 2nd round of Apocalyptic Shadow. Still pretty break-focused but also a lot more gimmicky. It follows what I theorized they'd have to do for a Hunt-focused mode, which is to include multiple targets but punish you for hitting the wrong one.
Sounds interesting, glad I have the full premium FUA team now. I hope they will do well in there. I am really surprised how much danage the team does, it blows my Jing Yuan team out of the water lol.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Are you getting excited to pull for Boothill in a few days Tyaren?! :D I hope you get super lucky and get him early!

I am. :) I have saved up a little fortune of pulls. Not necessarily because I was going to save up more than I needed for Boothill, but because the character composition of past banners was really bad for me and my plans. I just couldn't pull for so long and just hoarded everything, lol.
But that also means I could get Boothill E1 or I could get him and his lightcone...and then still have some pulls left. Would E1 or the lightcone be a good idea?
I don't care for Sam anymore since I know he is Firefly, lol.
One thing I don't understand though, why is all of Boothill's promo so early and so far from his actual release? That's usually not a thing in Star Rail or Genshin, is it?

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I am. :) I have saved up a little fortune of pulls. Not necessarily because I was going to save up more than I needed for Boothill, but because the character composition of past banners was really bad for me and my plans. I just couldn't pull for so long and just hoard everything, lol.
But that also means I could get Boothill E1 or I could get him and his lightcone...and then still have some pulls left. Would E1 or the lightcone be a good idea?
One thing I don't understand though, why is all of Boothill's promo so early and so far from his actual release? That's usually not a thing in Star Rail or Genshin, is it?
The promo is not that early, it usually is always a few days before the banner. :D So since the banner is Tuesday I think, it's not too far away.

Ooh how exciting! :D I unfortunately have not checked the leaks to see his kit so I have no idea if E1 or his LC are better. I just know Harmony Trailblazer works with them. I'll check reddit later and see if I can find advice for you! :D The one thing I know is Ruan Mei is his best support, and since I have her myself I can definitely recommend you pull for her on her banner soon!

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
I am. :) I have saved up a little fortune of pulls. Not necessarily because I was going to save up more than I needed for Boothill, but because the character composition of past banners was really bad for me and my plans. I just couldn't pull for so long and just hoard everything, lol.
Lightcone. Then once you have E0S1 you can see if you want the one stack and 16 percent def ignore (his E1)

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I am. :) I have saved up a little fortune of pulls. Not necessarily because I was going to save up more than I needed for Boothill, but because the character composition of past banners was really bad for me and my plans. I just couldn't pull for so long and just hoarded everything, lol.
Yeah I was expecting the Trailer like Sunday/Monday. I'd say go for his LC first since none of the other Hunt LC gives break effect. Hopefully you win both if you don't have a guaranteed.

How far do y'all level Harmony TB traces?

dAIRBMa.png

dunno why I leveled basic but 4/8/8/8. E5 giving them extra levels, I may max the talent to get more energy but ive been fine.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Forgot to extend a hearty welcome - welcome! Hope you enjoy your time with the game and stick around for a bit. There's always ebbs and flows so there never any harm in dropping off for a bit.

I definitely think this game has better QoL than Genshin and is easier to play, do what you want to do and get off. Though to be fair to the devs over there, QoL is starting to trickle down.

I'm currently at 401 pulls for Firefly. Some people in here are above me. Good luck!
Thanks! I've only just now reached Equilibrium 1. Counting my tickets and Stellar Jade, I only have about 40 rolls for Firefly, so I've got quite a bit before I can catch up to you!
No prob.

Check out this beginner guide.

Dont worry about the tier list. It's for the hardest content in the game. The starter units are pretty good. If you have a healer (Lynx or Gallagher) other than Natasha, then use them instead. Else Natasha is fine.

Enjoy!!!
Thanks for this! I'm really enjoying it so far. Currently just running with Trailblazer, Dan, Asta, and Natasha so far. Hopefully my tickets for the general banner get me some good stuff eventually. ;_;