• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pull for Aventurine if you want him.

As for a "need"...... If you already have sustains to get you through the hardest content then you do not need him in any way. While he is the best sustain in the game in terms of ease of use and survivability, he doesn't bring enough more than the other top 3 sustains and his damage even with his light cone isn't as high as people make it out to be for "must pull."

That said he is very good. Just don't feel pressured to pull sustains unless you actually need a good one

Aventurine/Jingliu's banner exceed Tiktok's top place in CN app store:
His banner also sells extremely well on both Korean and Japanese market, holding no.1 on app store.

TBH, I am really surprised by this. Previously Topaz,Huohuo and Argenti banner all failed to exceed Tiktok on CN app store and considered "tanked'(by HMY standard)

Like after the recorded highest banner sales of Genshin that Raiden Shogun in 2.1, Kokomi's banner tanked because people used up all saving and pursued Raiden's C2.

Recently, 4.5 Genshin Chiori+ MIxed banner and Nervu+Kazuha rerun all failed to exceed Tiktok on app store and considered "tanked".

To be fair a lot of new players are probably rolling for him too. Despite Luocha just hitting, some may pass him up for the new Aventurine because he is cooler or need a second sustain in aventurine

That and the character is popular

Now if you want a character thats probably gonna have a downturn, then its probably gonna be Boothill coming up. Coming after Acheron, Aventurtine, and a new big harmony in Robin

only to have Firefly coming right after himself

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Sales rankings should always be taken with a grain of salt anyway. Especially the "banner x made so and so much money". Afaik Mihoyo doesn't release numbers, so it's all estimates and conjecture. A lot of factors play into this. For example, the game always charts higher during the first banner. Is it because the first character is always more popular? I don't think so, the battle pass refresh is probably the reason.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
Now if you want a character thats probably gonna have a downturn, then its probably gonna be Boothill coming up. Coming after Acheron, Aventurtine, and a new big harmony in Robin

Yeah Boothill looks dope, but if Sam is right after I'll have to make do with Estelle Bright Sushang for my physical hunt needs while I save.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
So... Hypothetically... If I were to whale for the shield twink... What e#s# would be a good goal?

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Boothill is going to struggle. He comes after Ruan Mei, Black Swan, Sparkle, Acheron, Aventurine, Robin and probably just before Firefly - seriously, what a sprint of characters that is.

All S-tier at the very least, several being S+. You wouldn't expect Firefly to be weak either. All of them already have some form of story presence too. Boothill has a lot to do.

It's not a kind spot to be in. Unless he's OP. That doesn't mean he can't be an awesome character, who's fun. But it's hard to see him pulling up trees.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Boothill is going to struggle. He comes after Ruan Mei, Black Swan, Sparkle, Acheron, Aventurine, Robin and probably just before Firefly - seriously, what a sprint of characters that is.

All S-tier at the very least, several being S+. You wouldn't expect Firefly to be weak either. All of them already have some form of story presence too. Boothill has a lot to do.

It's not a kind spot to be in. Unless he's OP. That doesn't mean he can't be an awesome character, who's fun. But it's hard to see him pulling up trees.
Boothill is the best Hunt in terms of damage but he also needs a team built around him and while he can implant physical with his ultimate, he still gonna be mostly optimal on physical heavy fights and a lot of his damage is damaging broken enemies. So he's kinda niche in that way. But he looks very fun

So... Hypothetically... If I were to whale for the shield twink... What e#s# would be a good goal?
as for what other characters or how far on him? His LC is good BUT don't be fooled by how much damage you think you are gonna gain. Its not gonna push it to a number that actually matters if your dps are decently built

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Still need to level Traces, but Gamba boy is already proving his worth.
Comfiest MoC clear I've ever had. Only 35 stars but I'll get there eventually. Fu Xuan on one side, Aventuine on the other is sooo nice.

I've also finally cashed in my 300 pulls selector for Clara. Initially I wanted to wait until a Topaz rerun, but the current Pure Fiction keeps taunting me and I imagine Aventeroni + Clara + Herta + Himeko would already be very fun, so I'm gonna try that after I bring her up to speed and I wanted her anyway.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
How much of an upgrade is Jingliu's light cone? I already have her from the first banner and I'm trying to build up jade again since I wiped myself out for Sparkle and Acheron. But I also want to really build a Jingliu team and she's currently not the best she can be.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
P9hhTXW.png

7dvCNlB.png

I'm sure enjoy riding this lucky wave while it lasts. The game doesn't want me to have 4-star LCs, but that's hardly important. And being unlucky with the number of pulls between 5-star characters hardly matters when I win the 50% this often. Heck, looking at my recent history, the only character standing in the way of a 7-character 50% win streak is Bronya, and she was a character I wanted anyway (to the point that I cheered when I lost the 50% to her) AND I got her in the same 10-pull that I got Ruan Mei on, so...

As for my LC luck, I expect that this is as good as it's ever going to be. I don't expect this to last forever.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Boothill is the best Hunt in terms of damage but he also needs a team built around him and while he can implant physical with his ultimate, he still gonna be mostly optimal on physical heavy fights and a lot of his damage is damaging broken enemies. So he's kinda niche in that way. But he looks very fun.

Oh I don't doubt it. They don't really miss with limited characters. I think they've pretty much, without exception, all been great. They'll be day one videos of him blowing up all the content no doubt.

Being able to implant weakness is huge for him. I wonder if they becomes a little more common after Acheron. Of course, she's the favourite child, but they'll want to juice up characters to make them attractive.

Wasn't Sam rumoured to have an implant too? One of his many rumoured kits, I suspect we'll see it more… maybe in eidolons.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck to Aventurine wanters. I've never been so tempted to pull for a character I didn't previously care about when they were first revealed but I will hold strong for Sam.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Tempted to grab Aventurine to replace Gepard, who still does a solid job in most MoC scenarios, but has been falling off a bit more and more recently.

Proud of myself for not pulling for Archeron, though the temptation is rising with only 10 min left on her banner.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Got my first ever 36* thanks to Aventurine (it's the previous MoC but still)

Think I need to save up for limited harmony units and maybe another limited sustain lol, I really don't have much choice when it comes to teamcomps <.<

81gPbL6.png

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
Yanqing getting bumped to a C rating is not something I expected in this patch. In a way, it's almost worse than if he had stayed at D. Now the people who have him at high eidolon levels will start to get hope, the poor bastards.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Holy shit I'm glad I waited till I got home, probably best luck I've ever had on the game!

I got E2S1 Aventurine in 175 pulls! I also got my first Himeko as well on a lost 50/50 in those pulls, a character I've been desperate to get for so long! So happy right now!

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the shimmer three multis in and it was Welt!

I'm going to E6 this man completely by accident

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
Holy shit I'm glad I waited till I got home, probably best luck I've ever had on the game!

I got E2S1 Aventurine in 175 pulls! I also got my first Himeko as well on a lost 50/50 in those pulls, a character I've been desperate to get for so long! So happy right now!
Grats! 4 5* and an LC in 175 is insane

Oct 25, 2017
Took literally everything I had on me, about 180 pulls… but I got Aventurine, his LC and Bronya E2.

Will have to reconsider on pulling Robin.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I don't doubt it. They don't really miss with limited characters. I think they've pretty much, without exception, all been great. They'll be day one videos of him blowing up all the content no doubt.

Being able to implant weakness is huge for him. I wonder if they becomes a little more common after Acheron. Of course, she's the favourite child, but they'll want to juice up characters to make them attractive.

Wasn't Sam rumoured to have an implant too? One of his many rumoured kits, I suspect we'll see it more… maybe in eidolons.
I think it was an eidolon

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I try to summon now the game crashes

Restarted my phone, cleared cache. Nothing works

It's eating my passes but I don't even know if I'm getting actual summons

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
got Bronya instead of Jingliu

so this counts as a win still. Only have Himeko and Clara left from the standards

gonna face scrape the map and events and see if can get Jingliu before patch ends tho

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Took more pulls than I wouldve liked, but I won the 50/50 and got E5 Lynx. Finally I have a 5* sustain.