• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I don't like fighting Aventurine with Jingliu after doing it with Acheron but it still works.

Maybe Elio will be a sustain or harmony. The 4 of them are surprisingly un-synergistic.
Yeah I kinda hope that's the case. They will still work okay in some pure fiction where your other team can get a bigger score or in SU on preservation path.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
womp womp. I guess i'll hold onto my guarantee for someone from the next patch.

image.png
image.png
b9438ace6fbf94d058885e86e282a29a.jpg

You've been yanqinged

Oct 25, 2017
I rolled some more and Aventurine did finally come home, even if I lost my 50/50.

I hope that a S1 of Concert for Two is enough for him because that's all I got.

This is what I got after a month of playing this cursed game:

xPc6CsE.png

I'm pleased with Aventurine and Gallagher as my sustain units, I haven't done the current event so I'll get E4 Gallagher as well when I do that.

I'm decently pleased but I wish I had gotten Sparkle when I started but I didn't have time to get her at all.

My wish list is Sparkle, Silver Wolf, and Kafka. I'll start saving for them.

Last edited:

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
7fMCOIR.png

Here's my sexy gambler for now! He definitely has room for improvement.

I'd like use a different chest, but my Crit Dmg one had horrible substats. I'd also prefer to be using Salsotto, but I don't have any good ones to use yet, and these Keel ones were good.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Gallagher by himself like that is enough sustain?

My Acheron isn't amazing or anything, don't feel like she does enough damage. 65%ishCR/165CD isn't enough. I'd love to continue grinding relics for her. I've been doing relic runs nonstop since she dropped but at this point I need to focus on other characters.

He was enough. To be fair, I don't think True Sting even made a single Swarm Onslaught during the battle. Between the stuff that was making characters advance 100%, the freeze after 6 hits and Acheron's frequent ults, True Sting was surprisingly accessible compared to my previous attempts with a DoT team with Huohuo.

I rolled some more and Aventurine did finally come home, even if I lost my 50/50.

I hope that a S1 of Concert for Two is enough for him because that's all I got.

This is what I got after a month of playing this cursed game:

xPc6CsE.png

I'm pleased with Aventurine and Gallagher as my sustain units, I haven't done the current event so I'll get E4 Gallagher as well when I do that.

I'm decently pleased but I wish I had gotten Sparkle when I started but I didn't have time to get her at all.

My wish list is Sparkle, Silver Wolf, and Kafka. I'll start saving for them.

Congrats on the pulls. In my first month playing this I had Topaz and Huohuo and no actual cohesive team. You already have a strong main team that can carry you far without many issues.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
G&G is breezy with Aventurine and Acheron. Aventurine shields last long enough for Acheron to ult and with the right blessings the boss is just gone.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Loving Gepard so far, he makes my Acheron team really comfy to run!
Been using the relics I prefarmed for Aventurine and he really shines

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
Is Jingliu's LC much better than the Herta cone?
At minimum it is about ~11% better, but depending on the team that you run it can be as high as 40-50% better. The huge difference comes from stacking def shred on the enemy. I run 100% def shred on Ratio and JL and the difference between their LC and F2P option is quite significant.

In this testing, both S0 and S1 have 100% def shred, expect Aeon's damage to be ~15-20% lower than what is shown here without 100% def shred.
Jingliu has 4pc quantum set and 2pc Rutilant Arena
bCRfM1I.png

No break bonus on Aeon

Qy4AZvq.png

Aeon has 24% dmg bonus from weakness break. I missed a crit on S1, the damage on all crits is 573k or ~3-4% difference from what is shown here.

Combat stats
vyOSwME.png

2Av3qkM.png

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, is Herta store preservation LC garbage? I haven't bought it yet but was going to for aventurine except no one recommends it.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Alrighty, finished the main story and did all the time-limited stuff for now (aside from the current quest who still needs a day to be finished). Got to say, doing MoC first and then the last boss of this patch's story was quite the whiplash on how much easier it was, though it makes sense.

Out of all the conventional memoirs, I'd say this one probably has my favorite story. The drinksmithing was decently fun, though Aetherium Wars probably still has my favorite gameplay aspects, even if thats my Pokemon bias talking.

Wait, is Herta store preservation LC garbage? I haven't bought it yet but was going to for aventurine except no one recommends it.
It's good on Fu Xuan since the effect res will help to resist CC when her stack of cc-resist is spent, and the damage reduction and shield it gives is massive for her survivability with her own skill's damage reduction. She can also get away with not taunting since her damage reduction and increased max health for team members makes it less necessary. For everyone else though, I think it's less valuable since they want either the increased defensive stats or taunting from other LCs.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
its only getting use for characters that can't frequently shield themselves. And for preservation thats only like Fu Xuan

and anyone can tell you that if you need that for her to live then something else is wrong with your team/build or you just got real unlucky with a massive AoE

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
It'll take forever, but Aventurine can solo Starcrusher Swarm King on his own. Borrowed a support just to try it out and his hp stayed at 100% lol. It's a bummer that using his skill does not refresh the CC resist like FX but it's okay since you can easily get effect res on him.

Aventurine being game changing for people must have been the same as when people got Fu Xuan and never had to use FireMC/Natasha anymore.
If you are new and literally have no preservation LC it is okay. But if you have a couple of 4* LCs those are definitely better. Just save your Herta bonds for the other LCs or when they eventually add new ones.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
I lost my 50/50 to Yanqing and remembered that someone posted him here and it honestly made me laugh more than anything hahaha. The good news is that I lost fairly early on so I won't have to swipe too hard for Aventurine! I won't give up!

... And neither will Luka since I now have him at E6!

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I got Aventurine in 30 pulls. Now I got a quite lot left for Sam or Robin. Can't decide.

Although I think I want Tobaz now that I have Kakavasha. Should be a fun team.

I need to try him with Dr. Ratio now

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
At minimum it is about ~11% better, but depending on the team that you run it can be as high as 40-50% better. The huge difference comes from stacking def shred on the enemy. I run 100% def shred on Ratio and JL and the difference between their LC and F2P option is quite significant.

In this testing, both S0 and S1 have 100% def shred, expect Aeon's damage to be ~15-20% lower than what is shown here without 100% def shred.
Jingliu has 4pc quantum set and 2pc Rutilant Arena
bCRfM1I.png

No break bonus on Aeon

Qy4AZvq.png

Aeon has 24% dmg bonus from weakness break. I missed a crit on S1, the damage on all crits is 573k or ~3-4% difference from what is shown here.

Combat stats
vyOSwME.png

2Av3qkM.png

Slowliu with hyper speed sparkle? Interesting setup. I might try it because my JL never reaches those numbers (I don't have a E2 sparkle tho).

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
WOW, what an absolute rollercoaster that was.

Y2SRHuu.png

I had 55 pulls and 40 pity, and lost the 50/50 on Welt. It was so over....... until I remembered I had enough Starlight for 20 more pulls, and pulled Aventurine on my last multi. Hahaha, I'm so happy. I thought for sure I had blown it by going for Acheron S1. I finally have a limited sustain!

JgxlbuD.png

Last edited:

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
Slowliu with hyper speed sparkle? Interesting setup. I might try it because my JL never reaches those numbers (I don't have a E2 sparkle tho).
Don't worry about not reaching those numbers, E2 Sparkle really spoiled me on how much damage my dps units can deal with that 100% def shred.

Slowliu with a really fast TY can extend her Spectral state by several turns too, not quite perma uptime but should be more than enough to get rid of most of the enemies.

I got Aventurine in 30 pulls. Now I got a quite lot left for Sam or Robin. Can't decide.

Although I think I want Tobaz now that I have Kakavasha. Should be a fun team.

I need to try him with Dr. Ratio now
You are in luck, the final challenge for the combat event has trial Aventurine, Topaz, Ratio among many others. It is focused on ult/follow-ups and is really fun.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Don't worry about not reaching those numbers, E2 Sparkle really spoiled me on how much damage my dps units can deal with that 100% def shred.

Slowliu with a really fast TY can extend her Spectral state by several turns too, not quite perma uptime but should be more than enough to get rid of most of the enemies.

Damn, it's that much of a difference huh, lol.

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
Damn, it's that much of a difference huh, lol.
I haven't used Jingliu in a while and I was surprised at how much more damage she is dealing now with Sparkle and all the buffs. If you have the chance to try out a def shred heavy team go for it, you'll be surprised at the amount of damage you can deal all of a sudden lol.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I still don't know who the fourth member of my Jingliu team should be.
I was going with Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Bronya, ????
Fu Xuan is my only 5 Star not at E0, she's E1.
I tried to get some better relics for Jingliu today but it's rough out there.

Not that I NEED more team, of course. I've been able to do MOC just fine with my two main teams (Kafka/Black Swan/Ruan Mei/Huohuo, Fu Xuan/Seele/Sparkle/Silver Wolf). I just want more teams for variety. lol

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
I did the math and felt I was still on track for my targeted characters, and got Aventurine in 40 pulls.

So not a total loss, for a change.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
unfortunately I don't have enough leeway to invest in topaz but I tried the IPC team in today's combat trial and pigs into chalk into coins is the most dopamine-inducing combo

OP
OP
SubvertedTrope
Sep 14, 2018

Not that I NEED more team, of course. I've been able to do MOC just fine with my two main teams (Kafka/Black Swan/Ruan Mei/Huohuo, Fu Xuan/Seele/Sparkle/Silver Wolf). I just want more teams for variety. lol
Boring pick but Pela has incredible synergy with Jingliu. She's her best support after Bronya/Sparkle. If not I'd go Tingyun, Silver Wolf or Sparkle.

OP
OP
SubvertedTrope
Sep 14, 2018
Pela is also better for Acheron than Guinaifen, right? Ugh, I've never wanted to spend the resources to build her but she really fits into so many teams, huh?
Yes, I was also a Pela resister but the fact her debuff of choice is defense shred makes her really valuable. Silver Wolf has higher values but they're single target, Pela's AOE helps Jingliu and Acheron (and anyone) clean up trash mobs faster.

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
Whelp, got my aventurine and jingliu plus their light cones today. Managed to clear through the new and previous moc12 3 stars on everything. Before today the best i'd done was moc11 on the previous and only gotten 1-2 stars on several of those later ones. Took a lot of wiggling around my teams to fit the fights and couldn't purely brute force both sides, but still got them done. Good investments indeed.

That being said a lot of my relics are garbage so probably gonna spend the next couple weeks focusing on farming relics. Gotta swap over to farming trace/ascension mats for robin the week before she goes live.

All in all today was a good day

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017

Pela is good, ice res shred on skill at E4 lets Jingliu deal even more damage to the main target. It's basically Ruan Mei's all type res pen except that it is ice only and 12% instead of 20.

SW's debuffs are great but if your dps is cracked she won't be able to keep up with the debuff application since they die so quickly. Pela just uses her ultimate and bam everyone has def shred now.

Oct 25, 2017
So I spent most of the day replaying the last MoC to figure out how some teams feel with Aventurine.

I really like him, he is a great support and I am very happy with the build I pre farmed. But I feel after my testing today, I am just done trying to use hunt characters. Compared to Nihility, Hunt just doesn't really cut it. They just take too long to get content done. The whole appeal of massive single target damage kinda falls apart when you see Nihility characters doing massive damage exceeding what Hunt characters can do to multiple targets.

I tried Topaz, Ratio, Aventurine, and SW. I tried the same comp swapping out SW for Ruan Mei and you kinda need Ruan Mei to actually make the team work in any capacity. But then you just ask, why am I pulling Ruan Mei from my DoT team when they just work better?

I dunno. I was planning on trying to get Topaz's e1s1, but after today I don't think I am gonna bother. Huffed a lot of copium trying to make her work, but just gotta cut my losses.

Teams now are Acheron, Aventurine, Bronya and Pela, and Kafka, BS, HuoHuo, Ruan Mei.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
IMG-2682.jpg

So, 1 more normal pull till my free 5 star… but I have no idea who to go for. I was originally gonna get Bronya E2, but I got that from losing the 50/50 today.

Clara is the only one I don't have, but tbh I don't really want her.

Himeko is E3, but dunno if using this on E4 is worthwhile

Gepard and Bronya are E2

Everyone else is E0

Any suggestions?
Clara for sure in your case.
None of the Es top a new character, especially if it's Clara.
She's an absolute beast and a ton of fun in SU Elation runs.

FirewalkR

Oct 27, 2017
London
Acheron E1, Izumo, and Pioneer have an in battle total of 34% cr with all effects active(have nihility teammate, attack debuffed enemy, and for 1 turn after debuffing an enemy herself). You already have 99.3% cr with your current relics, basically, so it's not worth to trade cd for more cr.

Thanks for this! Yeah I knew I had quite a bit more effectively (but I'd missed the "1 turn after debuffing herself" part) but wasn't sure how much.

Still, I'm kinda hooked on trying to improve her lol, to the detriment of my Aventurine who still needs some love. With better luck (like a lot) in substats I might be able to switch the body from cr to cd, raise speed to 134 and still keep 4K atk and high cr. It takes a lot of incredible rolls tho and I'm by no means a whale. It's good to dream!

So I spent most of the day replaying the last MoC to figure out how some teams feel with Aventurine.

I really like him, he is a great support and I am very happy with the build I pre farmed. But I feel after my testing today, I am just done trying to use hunt characters. Compared to Nihility, Hunt just doesn't really cut it. They just take too long to get content done. The whole appeal of massive single target damage kinda falls apart when you see Nihility characters doing massive damage exceeding what Hunt characters can do to multiple targets.

I tried Topaz, Ratio, Aventurine, and SW. I tried the same comp swapping out SW for Ruan Mei and you kinda need Ruan Mei to actually make the team work in any capacity. But then you just ask, why am I pulling Ruan Mei from my DoT team when they just work better?

I dunno. I was planning on trying to get Topaz's e1s1, but after today I don't think I am gonna bother. Huffed a lot of copium trying to make her work, but just gotta cut my losses.

Teams now are Acheron, Aventurine, Bronya and Pela, and Kafka, BS, HuoHuo, Ruan Mei.
Yeah, Topaz kit is split on her E1 and S1 but damn if it's not a huge upgrade to her and any FUAs.

Syne

Feb 5, 2023
UK
Ain't no way my next single pull right after just getting Acherons LC is Jingliu's LC 🙌🏻

I don't think I've ever been so lucky in star rail 😅

Should be a great upgrade for my Jingliu

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Got aventurine and his LC, fairly happy with him right now even though i didnt pre farm any relics and just used what i had on hand/some fuel. Gonna keep throwing what i get till he goes away at his eidolons

image.png

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, back to being credit poor.

Luckily Acheron Farm is doing wonders for multiple characters.

My Aventurine is up to nearly 3 k defense at SLC lvl 70 and Aventurine level 60 with some shitty borrowed unoptimized gear.

4k is his cap right?

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I finally got around to the drink mixing event the other day and have been chipping away at it over the last week.

I really enjoyed it! I found making the drinks oddly relaxing, but I didn't expect the cool story we got or the little gameplay sections within each customer's mind.

The event had a bit of everything - even a couple of random cameos from Sparkle and Black Swan.

I'm impressed that what could have been 'just' a mini game event actually presented a nice little narrative that weaves into the larger story.

I also love, love, LOVE when Star Rail allows you to change the world - in this case, populating the lounge with customers. I dug it with the museum and AA, and I dig it here too.

It makes you feel like you have a meaningful impact on the world as you move through it.