• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
I am legitimately considering paying for pulls for Firefly.

I said I would never pay more than the 4.99 monthly pass thing for this. I just spent about 60% of my collected Jades for Jingliu.

Goddamn it all.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
6lofhim0m3sc1.jpeg

jz88a8xftuvc1.jpg

x496e9xftuvc1.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they don't shift Firefly's weakness implant from E1 to E2.

I just have a bad feeling. :/

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Love the art. I expect her to do well as she seems very popular already.

I suppose combining cute waifu girlfriend with bloodthirsty mecha murderer is a combo people like!

I wouldn't even be surprised if the implant is moved into her base kit.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Nahh, they've figured out the formula.

E0 will be very strong.
E1 will be an OK-but-not-too-crazy upgrade.
E2 will be game-changing.

Star Rail has a lot of compelling E1s. The gamechanging E2s are few and far between only really being DHIL and Acheron, outside of them E2s are hard to justify. Feels like that's not something they want to dip into too often as it would piss off the playerbase.

Last edited:

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Star Rail has a lot of compelling E1s. The gamechanging E2s are few and far between only really being DHIL and Acheron, outside of them E2s are hard to justify. Feels like that's not a something they want to dip into too often as it would piss off the playerbase.

They shouldn't do it too often, but Firefly is enormously popular. They would be stupid not to bait people with her E2.

Macnair

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Not interested in SAM before the reveal but now I want her. Gambling all my jades for her.

I also need 2nd sustain though.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I think I'm going to go all in on Firefly and dump everything I got towards her. I have 110 pulls right now, probably another 20-30 from quests/events I haven't done yet and whatever we get in 2.2/2.3. So hopefully I can get a lot out of them.

I've been playing this game every day for six months now and it's not good for me. I've been looking forward to Sam since the day I started playing so ending it with her feels fitting. After that I'll go casual and just play the story when it gets updated. I should have more than enough characters to get by for the lifetime of the game, right?

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, kinda expect this, too.

So right now her E2 seems good, but not insane?

Extends received buffs by 1 turn.

Feels more like a QoL / SP management thing than a buff.

It depends how fast she can go in Sam mode. Opens the possibility to do some funny stuff like stacking Bronya and Sparkle buffs while action forwarding.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I sure hope Firefly's Technique has her suit up and let you run around as Sam, because if not what's even the point

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Poor IPC/Fua gang:

Topaz, paired with highly anticipated Jingliu, received zero buff/adjustments from CTB. While Jingliu received bonus 50%CR(V2R) and remaked E1(v3r), JL'S skill cost also readjusted so she no longer needs ER rope(v3r). LC got remade to give DEF shed(v2r). On the v1r, E1S1Jingliu and E1S1Topaz damage calculation are similar like only 10% difference. By the end of CTB, E1S1 Jingliu deals more damage than E6S1 Topaz on ST. Topaz eventually tanked on sales became the first banner in HSR failed to topped no 1 in CN app store.

Dr Ratio, paired first limited Harmony Ruan Mei, while Ruan Mei received overhauled buff from v1 to v4. Her buff used to giving break effect only instead of elemental pes and dmg boost. Her signature lc also got completely remade and became the most game changing support lc in the game(v2r). Dr Ratio received hardest nerf as a character in CTB: losing over 20 SPD, 60% ATK , 30%CD-self buff from E1, basically became the first character that could not self-trigger own talents. E1S1 Ratio used to do as much as damage with e1s1 Jingliu(released version) on ST. However, he was given for free so I would let it pass.

Aventurine, paired with almighty Raiden/Acheron. While Acheron: got buff upon high heaven and even made her already game-changing instant-kill technique to deal more damage than JY and SW's ult combined each wave.(V3R) Make her old e1 to basic kit. (v4r) Basically buffedremake her from e0 to e6 step by step. Aventurine's fua shield multiplier even got nerf on v3. They even limited his talents trigger cap on 3 so he lost like 50% dmg on e6(v2r). His signature lc still have chance to fail to apply negative effect on ST because its only 100% EHR base chance. While they remake Acheron's signature lc so the effect no long need EHR like at the beginning of V1r. Thankfully, he got written pretty well in the main story and his VA did an fantastic performance. He did not get Kokomied and became the first Fua/IPC gang to achieve top place in CN app store.

They gotta stop sending IPC characters to die.

I wish whoever pair up with Firefly best wish and good luck in CTB!
:ryan3:

Last edited:

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
NOoooooooo. I havent played 2.1 yet and I saw the drip marketing.
FIREFLY IS SAM????
Or do I just need to play?

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Its is funny how gameplay wise the ipc characters all seem to synergise with one another while the stellaron hunters have like anti synergy and just all have weird different playstyles. I guess in lore maybe, the ipc are all working towards one goal while the stellaron hunters are just a group of individuals who just happen to be teamed up.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Its is funny how gameplay wise the ipc characters all seem to synergise with one another while the stellaron hunters have like anti synergy and just all have weird different playstyles. I guess in lore maybe, the ipc are all working towards one goal while the stellaron hunters are just a group of individuals who just happen to be teamed up.

Yeah, I think this makes sense.

And since Elio is the only one that hasn't been released yet, it wouldn't make sense to give him some kind of ability that ties them together.

I suppose they could recruit someone new, because it seems weird that a faction would be "done" so soon.

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
Need to see Firefly's kit before I can decide on my team comp for her.

It's gonna be either
  1. Firefly/Sparkle/Pela/Gallagher
  2. Firefly/Sparkle/Ruan Mei/Gallagher
I could also consider Asta but my Sparkle provides way more buffs so unless Firefly has some self speed buffs I doubt I'll be using her.
If Firefly's sig has def ignore I'm getting it for sure.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
I wonder if we will see any benefit from stacking harmony trailblazer and Ruan Mei with Firefly? Or is there going to be a bit of diminishing returns on her break effect scaling?

Last edited:

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if we will see any benefit from stacking harmony trailblazer and Ruan Mei with Firefly? Or is there going to be a bit of diminishing returns on her break effect scaling?
Nope. That character is nerfed to ground and basically meme level of bad. Even free Asta would be better.
It's like using Fire MC with Market LC to sustain Acheron team in MOC 12.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Robin and Boothill got sent out to die lol
The same was said about Aventurine, he was even actively disliked. Then he became one of the most popular characters since launch when his patch came out. It showed that the player base isn't that shallow to only care about designs, animations and damage numbers. Not saying the devs will try as hard with Robin and Boothill as they did with Aventurine, but I'm interested to see what they do with them. And gameplay-wise at least Boothill offers a new playstyle, which will be very useful in the new Apocalypse mode.

Firefly isn't that exciting to me, the character is very tropey and I saw the "twist" coming miles away. The devs knew how obvious it was, hence the reveal being relegated to a random 30 second scene. I'm mainly interested because her element is fire, but destruction DPS isn't exactly a novelty. I do love her design, though.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Ignore the above post, showcases have shown them putting in work when paired with RM and doing big numbers. They're going to be a very popular choice for break teams. Assuming nothing changes when the patch goes live anyway.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sam is finally here, can't wait to lose another 50/50 to Clara (again) to get her. She's my most anticipated character, so skipping 2.2 is so easy for me.

I want to see her animations, I think Mihoyo will bless us again

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
The devs knew how obvious it was, hence the reveal being relegated to a random 30 second scene.
I think this is more the result of it being leaked via datamine a while back rather than the devs thinking it was obvious. They were genuinely hurt in the stream that it got leaked before they got a chance to do a proper reveal.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I only got my Aventurine yesterday but due to some prefarming he is already usable now, feels amazing to use:

Screenshot-2024-04-23-140137.png

Need to finish levelling the relic pieces and I may need to farm a few replacement pieces. Will need to see if I end up at 4k defence or not and I would like his crit rate to be higher. Also missing one speed roll on a random piece to hit 134 speed, very unfortunate.

Traces I will probably take to lv8/9 for now in the next few days too.

Overall, I am so impressed with him as a character. He feels awesome to use in my Ratio and Argenti team, love it. For my Jing Yuan I will continue to use Fu Xuan instead, solely because he needs her crit rate buff due to bad crit rate rolls on his relics.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I only got my Aventurine yesterday but due to some prefarming he is already usable now, feels amazing to use:

Screenshot-2024-04-23-140137.png

Need to finish levelling the relic pieces and I may need to farm a few replacement pieces. Will need to see if I end up at 4k defence or not and I would like his crit rate to be higher. Also missing one speed roll on a random piece to hit 134 speed, very unfortunate.

Traces I will probably take to lv8/9 for now in the next few days too.

Overall, I am so impressed with him as a character. He feels awesome to use in my Ratio and Argenti team, love it. For my Jing Yuan I will continue to use Fu Xuan instead, solely because he needs her crit rate buff due to bad crit rate rolls on his relics.
Nice! You've already got a pretty good crit rate, 60% with the trace and 70% if you hit 4k defense. General rule of thumb is you want twice as much CD as CR so you'd be better off pumping CD once you reach that 4k.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Nice! You've already got a pretty good crit rate, 60% with the trace and 70% if you hit 4k defense. General rule of thumb is you want twice as much CD as CR so you'd be better off pumping CD once you reach that 4k.
Oh wait, he has a crit rate trace?! I did not know that, yay. :D That is awesome. Now I understand that 4k defence requirement lol.
Let's see how my rolls on those final +12 pieces go at +15. :D Hope I hit 4k defence lol.

The best surprise was that I had his best f2p light cone lying around and I had saved 600 currency in the store to buy 3 more superimpositions, thought I would be forced to use Landau's since I have very few preservation cones lol. Also thought I would need weeks to level the cone but turns out I had all the mats in my inventory lol, went straight to 80 yesterday.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Oh wait, he has a crit rate trace?! I did not know that, yay. :D That is awesome.
Let's see how my rolls on those final +12 pieces go at +15. :D Hope I hit 4k defence lol.

The best surprise was that I had his best f2p light cone lying around and I had saved 600 currency in the store to buy 3 more superimpositions, thought I would be forced to use Landau's since I have very few preservation cones lol. Also thought I would need weeks to level the cone but turns out I had all the mats in my inventory lol, went straight to 80 yesterday.
Yep, for every 100 defense over 1600 up to 4000 he gets 2% CR for a max of 48%, which is why the 4k target is so important.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Yep, for every 100 defense over 1600 up to 4000 he gets 2% CR for a max of 48%, which is why the 4k target is so important.
Yeah, I only understood this after your post when I googled it. Thanks so much! I just knew the 4k defence goal but never questioned what it actually does lol. Then my shoddy thrown together relic set is much better than I had expected, I feel pleasantly surprised. :D