• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I enjoy a lot of characters but my main team is nihility focused and my second team is Acheron hyper carry soooo...

Honestly, the worst path seems like abundance and I dunno how they plan to fix that.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
My Nihility team is just Acheron, skipped on DoTs. I want to go deeper into FUA first, but why did they have to put their banners before Sam lol.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Checked my battle records, and I'll hit 365 days tomorrow. Was pretty sure I hadn't missed any logins, but was afraid that maybe I missed one while traveling or something.

Also happy that I had every chest.

For those missing chests, if you have every chest listed on the maps, maybe it's including unlisted chests, like the ones from puzzles, combat challenges, etc.?

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I enjoy a lot of characters but my main team is nihility focused and my second team is Acheron hyper carry soooo...

Honestly, the worst path seems like abundance and I dunno how they plan to fix that.

theyll just make future abundance characters mini harmony characters. Short of giving a character a big overheal mechanic maybe, you dont ever need that much healing since your character health pools are never going to be that high. And luocha's healing can already outpace any damage in the game so what would even be the point of having a character who does that job better than him.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Would I be good with an Acheron/Aventurine/Pela/Guina team for now?

That's the exact team I use and it's great. People really like Gallagher or Fire TB + Trend LC but I haven't built Gallagher and I don't have Trend. Aventurine has way better sustain than them anyway, which I really enjoy.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
theyll just make future abundance characters mini harmony characters. Short of giving a character a big overheal mechanic maybe, you dont ever need that much healing since your character health pools are never going to be that high. And luocha's healing can already outpace any damage in the game so what would even be the point of having a character who does that job better than him.

Personally I'm a fan of Gallagher's "heal by punching really hard" method

Dude is basically

ENkSckXXkAICNVd.jpg

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of Acheron team comps, I'm so curious to see what Jiaoqiu's kit ends up being. If he really does have heals, I feel like a possibly really fun team comp could be Acheron + Jiaoqiu + Welt + Sparkle. Jiaoqiu and Welt would be her debuffers and sustainers, allowing for a support unit like Sparkle or Ruan Mei to slot in without needing Acheron's E2.

I want to build Welt but I really don't have a place for him on my teams right now. I don't think he could replace Pela or Guinaifen (both of whom can debuff via basic, skill, and ult) on my Acheron team, especially since Pela holds my only Pearls LC.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Speaking of Acheron team comps, I'm so curious to see what Jiaoqiu's kit ends up being. If he really does have heals, I feel like a possibly really fun team comp could be Acheron + Jiaoqiu + Welt + Sparkle. Jiaoqiu and Welt would be her debuffers and sustainers, allowing for a support unit like Sparkle or Ruan Mei to slot in without needing Acheron's E2.

I'm very curious if Jiaoqiu will be able to solo-sustain. Which would be nuts if he can, but also kinda worthless if he can't. But it'll be supplemental healing, and solo sustain will be locked behind his S1 or E1.

It's still nuts that we're even considering the possibility that a Nihility character could replace a sustain. Truly the omni-class.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like giving him heals on the level of a 5-star Abundance would be very OP. I expect the healing to be a secondary bonus like Aventurine's DPS; nice, but not capable of solo sustaining.

Edit: I was talking about E0. I could definitely see his eidolons buffing his healing to the level of a legit sustainer.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm very curious if Jiaoqiu will be able to solo-sustain. Which would be nuts if he can, but also kinda worthless if he can't. But it'll be supplemental healing, and solo sustain will be locked behind his S1 or E1.

It's still nuts that we're even considering the possibility that a Nihility character could replace a sustain. Truly the omni-class.
I think even with a little healing, Welt+Jiaoqiu would work. Welt significantly reduces the amount of damage the team takes because enemies dont get turns or they get interrupted, so the healing requirement goes lower.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Looks cool but gotta save for Firefly. Maybe with a rerun if I really like him but I still think I would go with Argenti for an exclusive Physical 5*.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
I'm brand new so I have to skip most of what is coming but at the same time also have to fill out the roster....

Right now, I'm thinking

Skip

Boothill
Firefly
(Rumored reruns)
Fu Xuan
Potentially Topaz?

Get
Robin
Potentially some combination of Topaz/Jade/Screllum?
Jiaoqiu if he can actually fulfill the sustain role comfortably in nihility

Also have to look out for rerun sparkle and maybe ruan mei/black swan

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Will actually be shocked if I find fireflys animations as dope as Boothills tbh, but I'm not pulling either.

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
With Sam coming and the possibility of Jade and Jiaoqiu, the most I can spare is some pulls trying to lucksack Topaz's LC.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I've got 299 pulls saved up as of today. I think I'm all in on Firefly, but that pains me as I have no limited sustain and I adore Topaz.

But making Firefly a monster is my top priority. I have no five star destruction… or AoE DPS in general.

No Jingliu, no Dan, no Acheron, no Jing Yuan, no Argenti… if we didn't get Ratio for free I wouldn't have a functioning second team, and even then, he's single target.

Firefly will be a huge boon for my account, provided she's as good as we hope.

In among all this excitement, I'm chomping at the bit to find out more about the story, and am looking forward to seeing how that pans out.

Still got plenty of content on Penacony to do, but I want to pace myself as much as possible.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
How many 50/50 have you failed so far? I've been lucky and only failed 2 50/50's (DHIL and Acheron's LC, thought I eventually got both).

Oct 28, 2017
Since E2S1 Acheron cost me every scrap I had saved, even my Oneric Shards from buying the Express Pass every month, I think I have to save until Jiaoqiu. Super bummed I am going to miss so many good characters. Yes, I seriously got Acheron's e2 on the very last single pull I could get with the very last pass I could buy with my shards. It was epic but also depressing.

Also, I started playing one day after launch! Club 364. You can also see this information in the HoYoVerse app, pretty cool.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
My pulling history from memory. Not the best, but probably not the worst.

Kafka

50/50 W
50/50 L
GUARANTEE
50/50 W

Topaz

50/50 L
GUARANTEE
50/50 L

Ruan Mei

GUARANTEE

Black Swan

50/50 W
50/50 L
GUARANTEE

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
How are people planning to use their triple relics?

I'm leaning towards improving my Clara, after seeing some well-built Claras take out Aventurine in MoC12. And she'll go well with my E1S1 Topaz in 2.2.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I'll be 80 in time to take advantage of it so won't be getting five star relics off it? I'd farm pioneer for like... half my units if not though.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
For sure. I blitzed the single player but I do have some side quests and exploration to clean up jade from still. And of course the various endgame rewards as those levels unlock in moc/pf/simu

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
How are people planning to use their triple relics?

I'm leaning towards improving my Clara, after seeing some well-built Claras take out Aventurine in MoC12. And she'll go well with my E1S1 Topaz in 2.2.
might just do more pioneer/watchmaker. help my Gallagher and whoever pioneer is best for and who knows watchmaker might be decent for Firefly until her own relic domain opens probably

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
might just do more pioneer/watchmaker. help my Gallagher and whoever pioneer is best for and who knows watchmaker might be decent for Firefly until her own relic domain opens probably

Her relic set is expected in 2.3, and I really hope that's the case, because would suck to have to make her work with something else in the meantime.

But Pioneer is great for Dr. Ratio if you don't have him built yet.

Macnair

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
As a father of 2 that don't have enough time to play. Acheron made this game a lot more fun, she's great with my shitty relics and clearing almost all my pending missions faster due to her install kill.

Also, I thought I didn't need a shielder and good healer is enough but I completed all levels in SU and Gold and Gears with Aventurine. He's a fucking tank that just refreshes and stacking up shield.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
Still can't believe that Acheron luck
im just waiting for the law of averages to hit so saving til firefly is my best option now.

Her relic set is expected in 2.3, and I really hope that's the case, because would suck to have to make her work with something else in the meantime.

But Pioneer is great for Dr. Ratio if you don't have him built yet.
I definitely need better relics for Dr. Ratio since i have not really built up my FUA team besides aventurine

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Nihility is my favorite path - I started the game for Kafka and I'm glad DoT teams are my favorite teams to use so satisfying. I'd say it has the most characters I like personality-wise, there's only one I don't really care for.

Erudittion... Well, I love Imbibitor Qingque, Jing Yuan and Argenti in terms of characters and they're really fun when you get them going.

After that, it's kind of all over the place. Everything else is a mixed bag whether it's the kit or the characters. Some characters I enjoy, one I genuinely dislike, others I feel neutral towards. Some kits I find fun, others I use out of convenience, others I can live without. Oh well.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
i wonder/if how theyll handle other paths coming into the game.

Like canonically Sparkle should be elation if it ever becomes a gameplay categorization right?