• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
i wonder/if how theyll handle other paths coming into the game.

Like canonically Sparkle should be elation if it ever becomes a gameplay categorization right?

Nah, you can be a class that's different from the Path you follow.

There are lots of examples, but, for example, Ruan Mei is an Emanator of Erudition, but she's Harmony.

Everyone on Belobog worships Qlipoth, but only Gepard is Preservation.

Jing Yuan is a general of The Hunt, but is Erudition, etc.

Apparently in the pre-release betas there were signs of other classes, but people expect that they got folded into others because having like 5 different DPS classes didn't make sense.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020

Is that you viewing your own Battle Chronicles? Or is it someone else viewing yours? If it is you viewing your own, you can just log in. If it is someone else trying to view yours, go to your battle chronicles in the browser. There is a gear on the top right. Click that, and change the bar to show what you want to show to others.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Ah but I assumed it was less the character having a split in ideals and more just... a practicality of launching the game and some might get added later (ala dendro in genshin) Still they're probably going to have enough of a time giving the ones they do have enough of a distinct identity I get it.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Is that you viewing your own Battle Chronicles? Or is it someone else viewing yours? If it is you viewing your own, you can just log in. If it is someone else trying to view yours, go to your battle chronicles in the browser. There is a gear on the top right. Click that, and change the bar to show what you want to show to others.
I'm watching my own and it's always been like this , I haven't done anything in my account.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
I'm watching my own and it's always been like this , I haven't done anything in my account.
I believe that is a problem on Mihoyo's backend. My record was like that for more than a year after Genshin's battle chronicle function was opened on Hoyolab. When I contacted support, I was told that it was a problem on the back end. Then at some point, it just started working. And no, it has nothing to do with bad linkage of PS accounts. I do not have a Playstation, and my account was originally registered with Mihoyo.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020

is your privacy settings under your hoyolab set to let you view your profile?
settings-bc.png

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Ah but I assumed it was less the character having a split in ideals and more just... a practicality of launching the game and some might get added later (ala dendro in genshin) Still they're probably going to have enough of a time giving the ones they do have enough of a distinct identity I get it.

Yeah, the DPS identities we have are already pretty muddled.

Like I wouldn't be surprised if there was an Elation class that was FUA-focused, like in SU, but then they realized it was too restrictive and just made FUAs a thing any class could have.

And logistically changing a character's class later would be weird, since LCs only benefit characters of the same class. It'd really only work with signatures, and they'd either need to make players change LCs or make LCs multi-class. Which would also be convoluted.

I'd definitely be down for new classes at some point, but if that happens, they'll really need to make sure they're distinct. But it's kind of hard to imagine what a new class would even be without adding some major new feature to combat.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Nah, you can be a class that's different from the Path you follow.

There are lots of examples, but, for example, Ruan Mei is an Emanator of Erudition, but she's Harmony.

Everyone on Belobog worships Qlipoth, but only Gepard is Preservation.

Jing Yuan is a general of The Hunt, but is Erudition, etc.

Apparently in the pre-release betas there were signs of other classes, but people expect that they got folded into others because having like 5 different DPS classes didn't make sense.
Ruan Mei isnt actually an emanator of the Erudition isnt she? I thought that was only Herta.

Theres some way to roughly connect the dots on why a character doesnt follow the path they say they follow. Like Ratio isnt erudition because his real goal is eradicating idiocy, hence he gets hunt. He also gets FUAs because the IPC is sus. Maybe Sparkle is secretly harmony because despite all her pranks, all her actions have ended up with people finding whos their real allies. Or maybe im stretching it.

Last edited:

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, if you go full astrology with it you can explain why anyone is any Path in the same way that horoscopes are designed to work for everyone. But Pela and Black Swan are Nihility, and Misha and Clara are Destruction. It's a gameplay contrivance that groups characters who have similar light cone requirements. And since the Paths are only barely gameplay relevant, I wouldn't expect them to ever add a new one. Genshin has a similar system with weapon types, although those don't collect similar styles, and when they wanted characters with guns and fists they just had characters use those while equipping a sword or spear.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Boothills ult/skill animations (with their accompanying sound effects) are legit some of the best in the entire game. In another financial situation and had i started the game at launch, id be building boothill/harmony mc just for the looney toons one two punch of their ults back to back lol.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just met up with Gallagher and Siobhan (one of the best designs in the game btw. Make her playable). How much more is there to this quest?

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Boothills ult/skill animations (with their accompanying sound effects) are legit some of the best in the entire game. In another financial situation and had i started the game at launch, id be building boothill/harmony mc just for the looney toons one two punch of their ults back to back lol.
They really upped their game on ultimate animations. Apparently Firefly's are even crazier.

I feel for Robin and Boothill and maybe 2.2 will do more to encourage their purchase but most F2P or low paying players will (wisely) just skip the banners. Argenti is going to have good company. This announcement was always going to be an assassination of 2.2 characters from day 1.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I got the Firefly love. Boothill doesn't deserve all this slander.

Story update: Man Penacony is such a step up from Crates and Pallets: The World. The women also don't look like pallet swap outfits.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Ruan Mei isnt actually an emanator of the Erudition isnt she? I thought that was only Herta.

Theres some way to roughly connect the dots on why a character doesnt follow the path they say they follow. Like Ratio isnt erudition because his real goal is eradicating idiocy, hence he gets hunt. Maybe Sparkle is secretly harmony because despite all her pranks, all her actions have ended up with people finding whos their real allies. Or maybe im stretching it.

The Genius Society members are kind of emanators of Nous once they've received their recognition. I don't think that confers any kind of battle prowess though.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019

So I've previously read that every member of the Genius Society is an Emanator of Erudition, but it seems that's not actually the case.

From looking into it online, Genius Society members are given knowledge by Nous, and people seem to have incorrectly assumed that made them Emanators.

And sort of related, Welt has also said that the Xianzhou generals are "as powerful as Emanators." But doesn't seem they're actually Emanators.

But in general it seems that being an Emanator doesn't automatically mean that you're super powerful, like a Genshin Archon.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
If Siobhan is the next 4-star, which I think makes sense, she will be completely new and unleaked, and the start of a real turning point for the game's community.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
So it just clicked with me that while Acheron asks "Have we met before" it is kind of funny that the one person we most likely to met before in the Trailblazer's forgotten past is actually Firefly who belongs to the Stellaron Hunters group. Thinking back to the truth and lie game with Kafka she revealed that TB had stayed with her for some time and she trained/taught the TB things from knowledge to combat. She mentioned others such as Blade and Silverwolf were not suitable for the task and this likely includes Sam.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Aventurine was supposed to be for team follow up but team acheron loves him more right now lol. Granted, that might change when I'm finally high enough equilibrium to give him the trace that grants stacks for fuas....