• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Thank god it was jade and not Screwellum or Sunday 2nd half, my wallet couldnt handle it (pls no 4 star screwy monkeys paw)

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
This is what my Acheron looks like with it:
image.png
Ah that's the thing with relics. Even when you get god rolls like your piece, if it doesn't fit in with the gear you've got then you can't make real use of it. I'd say your crit rate is a bit too high and your crit dmg too low.

Ideally you'd want to swap the boots and / or orb for ones with crit damage to get a better ratio.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
That is close enough I probably wouldn't worry too much. Especially if you ever pair her with Aventurine for his various cdmg buffs.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
I just saw a video with the team Xueyi/Ruan Mei/HMC/Gallagher and it was insane, I didn't know HMC could be so life changing in break teams

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
yeah, there's a lot of free crit damage out there. My acheron party has 3 active broken keels and is running aventurine and that's a lot of just extra passive crit damage in my case. you can definitely find ways to add some without having to grind better specific relics for her.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah I also usually run my Acheron with 3 Broken keel users so almost always criting is nice with the other buffs to CD%.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Man I kinda hope it's not Screwllum, I'd like to see him be a 5*.

Personally I want either Siobhan or an all new character just for fun.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Man I kinda hope it's not Screwllum, I'd like to see him be a 5*.

Personally I want either Siobhan or an all new character just for fun.
We are mostly beyond leaks at this point. There are only 2(?) Characters they have been discussing yet to be revealed. I hope we do get a surprise like Siobhan.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
I'm actually surprised (and largely heartened) that they've managed to stop the kit leaks.

I don't know if they're just being more careful about what makes it into builds or what, but if it's Siobhan, it will be the first new character we have literally no information on their kit.

And while I do hope it's not 4-star Screwllum, putting a 4-star Imaginary Erudition character on the banner opposite Jade makes a certain amount of sense, all the same.

...But then again, they also seem to like putting characters that fill similar roles on the same banner, too, like Lynx of Fu Xuan's.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I will E6 Siobhan if they somehow snuck her into the game as a playable character - I'm that sure it isn't happening.

the fact that she'd be on Jade or Firefly's banner certainly doesn't hurt, if it does come down to that

I don't think she's been THAT crazy popular, that they'd suddenly shift her up from 'named NPC', similar to what (supposedly) happened with Screwllum shifting up to a 5*.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
I think Siobahn will be playable some day, if not in 2.3 - she is character with a unique design, not one of their usual recycled NPCs.

I can't think of any characters that fit that criteria that aren't major villains, like Cocolia.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Sunday and Jiaoqiu, right? I think that other IPC members might be too far down the line...
Jiaoqiu is confirmed and I imagine will get an Argenti like side story. I assume Sunday will be playable at some point if he doesn't die horribly. Really no confirmation of him. The only other 5 star leak was Screwllum which makes sense with the SU expansion they are discussing.

with Gallagher being a good abundance, i hope the next 4 star wins up being preservation.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
It is striking that we only have two more kits. One possibility is that they've stopped putting unreleased characters into the game files that they release to the public -- that's where these were coming from -- or at least are only doing that closer to when those characters are going live. I guess another is that we're about to start seeing character releases slow down. Maybe what we see is what we're getting through 2.5. Also weird that to the best of our knowledge the two kits we've seen are 5*, with no known 4*s, though maybe the idea is that they don't need to do as much prep work or testing for simpler, intended-to-be-weaker 4*s.

Interesting to see who we get in 40 minutes, if anyone.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
It is striking that we only have two more kits. One possibility is that they've stopped putting unreleased characters into the game files that they release to the public -- that's where these were coming from -- or at least are only doing that closer to when those characters are going live.

There are a bunch of other kits that have been uncovered. But they haven't been updated in a while, so it's unknown if they'll ever materialize.

But some of them are very likely, just because of their connection to Honkai, etc.

Dracula - 5-star Physical Destruction
Fenghuang - 5-star Fire Abundance
Sakura - 5-star Ice Hunt
Setsugekka - 5-star Ice Erudition
La Tiao - 4-star Wind Harmony
Da Huo Ji - 4-star Physical Abundance

Oct 28, 2017
So what is a good way to stack up on relic xp materials?
There really isn't one except using your resources to farm and shard bad relics. Feed old leveled ones to new ones to recycle them. If you really need the raw materials, do that when the new one is almost capped and you'll get them as the refund.

You can also run SU 34 times a week for dust but I'm not enthusiastic about it enough to do that despite having Acheron.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
So what is a good way to stack up on relic xp materials?

Salvage your 3-, 4-, and 5-star trash into XP mats.

Eventually you'll get to the point where you don't need to worry about converting 5-star relics into XP, and build a stockpile off of 3- and 4-star.

At which point you can start turning the 5-stars into remains to craft more relics.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
There really isn't one except using your resources to farm and shard bad relics. Feed old leveled ones to new ones to recycle them. If you really need the raw materials, do that when the new one is almost capped and you'll get them as the refund.

You can also run SU 34 times a week for dust but I'm not enthusiastic about it enough to do that despite having Acheron.
You get dust out of SU?

Oct 25, 2017
Black-Sw-an-2024-04-24-23-56-30.png
Is this worth it to lose the full DoT set bonus?

Can't believe my first character to hit 161 speed was not a harmony character, but black swan. I can actually use the glamoth additional 18%

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Wow, no 4-star.

Unless like Harmony MC, it's now March's turn.

Is this worth it to lose the full DoT set bonus?

Can't believe my first character to hit 161 speed was not a harmony character, but black swan. I can actually use the glamoth additional 18%

You're trading 12-18% DEF ignore for 6% DMG, so I would think you'd be better off with the 4pc. DOT set.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, no 4-star.

Unless like Harmony MC, it's now March's turn.

You're trading 12-18% DEF ignore for 6% DMG, so I would think you'd be better off with the 4pc. DOT set.

Yeah, tested it out and you feel a noticeable drop in damage.

Will use the cavern event to try to get better DoT pieces for her and prefarm for Jade since I assume she will use follow up attacks

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I just realized they didn't reveal a 4* for 2.2 either. No 4* for two patches it seems?

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
So whats Jade's deal gameplay wise? Does she fit into the mono quantum team or is she good for something else?