• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
So whats Jade's deal gameplay wise? Does she fit into the mono quantum team or is she good for something else?
Follow-up Erudition specialized for PF. Buffs an ally's speed, gains stacks to trigger her follow-up with every enemy hit by both herself and her partner. Also ramps up self-buffs as more enemies spawn, up to a cap. Unless her kit significantly changes in the beta.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
So whats Jade's deal gameplay wise? Does she fit into the mono quantum team or is she good for something else?

Assuming her kit stays roughly the same...

She applies a buff to another character, which takes some of their HP and increases their SPD.

Any time that character attacks, Jade also attacks dealing "additional damage" like Ruan Mei and Robin. Each time she does this or uses her Basic, she builds a stack. Also, looks like traces cause her stacks too boost stats.

At X stacks, she unleashes a powerful FUA that hits all enemies.

Her Ult does damage, and makes her next charged FUA hit twice.

So you probably want to run her with another FUA character to get stacks faster, like Topaz or Dr. Ratio. But if you ran her with Sparkle and Fu Xuan, you'd get the full benefit of Sparkle's Quantum buffs.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I see. I have some FUA characters but never made a team for them. Will wait and see. I skipped Adventurine.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
...Man, would a full FUA team with Jade work?

Jade, Topaz, Dr. Ratio, and Aventurine?

Three DPS sounds nuts, but if you stuck Jade's buff on Topaz, Numby would get advanced a ton to build more stacks for Jade.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Replace Ratio with Robin and you're cooking. Or Ruan Mei, there's no way 3 DPS will outdamage 2 + teamwide buffs.

You're probably right, but I feel like mine would probably be more fun? Haha.

The joy of FUA and Topaz is just making shit fly all over the place, sending Numby into overdrive.

Also, related... I put a little more work into my Aventurine.

Aventurine-4-24-2024-22-04-49.png

That last 79 DEF is bugging me way more than it should, and 135 SPD would be nice, but I think I'm going to have to live with it for now.

Oct 25, 2017
For the first time since I started playing I've run out of materials to level up my Light Cones, what's the best way to get more? Is it just to do the Calyx a bunch of times?

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
I started a month ago, I'm leveling around 10 characters and I'm at around level 60-70 with everyone so I've run out of times yeah.

I imagine that the 70-80 levels will be a pain.

Yeah, that's just the game at that point, really - we all went through the same thing.

But might be worth dropping to 8 characters until those are ready, just to ease the resource crunch a bit.

And yeah, 70-80 in particular is pretty brutal at first.

My recommendation for that is to only take your main DPS to 80, and get everyone else to 71. And then from there gradually level them.

A fair number of players in here seem to still have a lot of characters in their 70s, even at endgame. So you can even hold off a bit if you want.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the 2.1 story. Outside of a rough start, it got very interesting once it started focusing on Aventurine

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's just the game at that point, really - we all went through the same thing.

But might be worth dropping to 8 characters until those are ready, just to ease the resource crunch a bit.

And yeah, 70-80 in particular is pretty brutal at first.

My recommendation for that is to only take your main DPS to 80, and get everyone else to 71. And then from there gradually level them.

A fair number of players in here seem to still have a lot of characters in their 70s, even at endgame. So you can even hold off a bit if you want.

This is what I have to so far character wise... with Light Cones it's also pretty similar... and I don't want to talk about Relics haha.

i5PClmp.png

I will definitely start to focus more on my DPS characters, right now I'm building Herta because I am having a difficult time with Pure Fiction and I assume that her + Himeko will save me.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
...Man, would a full FUA team with Jade work?

Jade, Topaz, Dr. Ratio, and Aventurine?

Three DPS sounds nuts, but if you stuck Jade's buff on Topaz, Numby would get advanced a ton to build more stacks for Jade.
It really depends on how many stacks it needs to trigger. Since it's a stack per enemy hit instead of per attack, the requirement is probably pretty high and I'd guess her ideal partners are Herta or Clara.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Good lord I finished the MSQ mission I left off on last year and it unlocked like 10 side quests lol

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Ok I think my priorties are going to be Robin, Firefly and then Jade. I will skip Boothill for now.

Really want Jade and Robin for the follow up team, I've built it with Ratio and I just don't really enjoy using him. He'll likely be better for the new mode they announced as it's more single target focussed but I think Jade will just be a lot more fun for me to use overall.

Want to therefore run Jade, Topaz, Robin and Aventurine.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
kinda off-topic, but I'm curious.

Y'all interested in ZZZ?

As someone who started gacha journey purgatory with Genshin, I very easily got sucked into Star Rail as well, but I'm not really feeling ZZZ, like AT ALL, to the point where I didn't even apply for testing. How's it lookin' for you?

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022

Y'all interested in ZZZ?

As someone who started gacha journey purgatory with Genshin, I very easily got sucked into Star Rail as well, but I'm not really feeling ZZZ, like AT ALL, to the point where I didn't even apply for testing. How's it lookin' for you?
I wasn't as excited for it initially but the more I see it the more hyped I'm getting actually, I just think the animations and style look really cool. The UI is really clean too, will definitely be playing when it launches and see how it goes. I think the more open world games are ones that stick with me though in the long run.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

Y'all interested in ZZZ?

Can't say I'm that interested. Only other gacha on my radar is P5X. It's fun from what I've played but I'm waiting for the English version

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A big part of why I managed to stick with Star Rail is that it fits mobile play very well. The touch controls are all very intuitive and you're not really asked to grapple with critical real time controls. Plus all the automations and QOLs makes it good for pick-up play whenever I want. It's a constant "side" game.

ZZZ already has a very high hurdle to cross in that regard for me due to the real time combat. Although the gameplay structure is still fairly mobile-friendly.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
pChYzbw.png

Got a few more upgrades to my Aventurine. I wish he had more CR but overall I'm happy with him! I do have a CR chest I could swap in. On Fribbels I only lose 5 points, but then he's at like 105CR:142CD vs. 72:196(including the trace buff). I'm not sure which is actually better.

Last edited:

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018

Y'all interested in ZZZ?

Not turn-based enough unfortunately.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017

Y'all interested in ZZZ?

None of the revealed characters appeal to me, so that's a pretty big negative for a gacha game. I'm sure I'll give it a try when it launches, but I wouldn't say I'm hyped for it.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I am hyped for ZZZ, mostly because I hope it does the presentation right.

As someone who really thinks the actual "lore" or at least how its presented in HI3rd is the best out of all the "big" 3 ones (outside of Tears of Themis), I hope that ZZZ might offer something cool there.
It also seems its going with something more "new" with this kind of urban atmosphere and 80s/90s nostalgia.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
ZZZ didn't impress me in the last test I played. I'm sure it will find an audience but it felt like a miss to me.

Combat felt good, albeit a bit simple. The hub and structure of the game really put me off though.

Yeah, it's on the jukebox in the Express, and I've been using it for a while.

It's on the Herta Space Station album, and is called Cosmic Sacrifice for Love.

You learn something new every day. Cheers! I'll hunt it down when I get home.

Last edited:

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018

Y'all interested in ZZZ?

no i'm only playing star rail because of turn based combat

Frozy

Oct 27, 2017

Y'all interested in ZZZ?

HSR is actually my first and only Gacha, I decided it may be time to finally try one of those and this game appealed to me more than other games, and I liked it.
But I have no plan to start another, and ZZZ doesn't look that appealing to me, maybe that will change in the future.

On a different subject...
Tomorrow we get the triple relic drops event, and I consider prefarming relics for Robin in addition to the other things I need
Which sets would be recommended for her?

Azuos

Sep 29, 2021

Y'all interested in ZZZ?

It will come down to how ZZZ feels in the farming side of things. Something between Star Rail and Genshin would be great since there will be no auto-play.

I love action games, so that's a plus.

Apr 24, 2024
Robin and Boothill don't really interest me so I might save for Jade. Sam might be one of those eventual characters I get if I want all the stellaron hunters, but I don't have Blade yet either.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
On a different subject...
Tomorrow we get the triple relic drops event, and I consider prefarming relics for Robin in addition to the other things I need
Which sets would be recommended for her?
She has no cap on the attack buff from her ult and she wants to stack it as high as possible so I think 2pc Musketeer and 2pc Prisoner is generally recommended. For planars the best options are probably Keel then SSS. If you run her with Aventurine she'll meet the 30% RES requirement for Keel from his shield. ATK% main stats on everything except for ERR rope.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Finally 10/ 10 on all of Aventurines traits. Just need 23 more preservation mats and I'll just slowly level him to 80. As I farm mats for my next character in between relic farming.

Acheron farming is giving much needed padding to building more than one character but man is it time consuming while you wait on store refreshes/new PF or MoC content. Pretty sure I'll have Robin materials all but pre farmed by the time she drops.

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
I'm in NA Eastern time zone. Will the relic event drop at reset for me(4am) tonight or will it drop earlier than that(global drop whenever it hits the 26th wherever they game is based out of)?

Apr 24, 2024
I need to decide what I'm going to farm for the triple relic set, tired of trying to get decent atk boots for Jingliu. I still need a gold arm piece of the Diver set for Acheron, so maybe I'll do that. Or maybe I'll just recycle whatever I get.

Question about Jingliu. I have a Crit Rate body piece and a Crit DMG body piece. I got her sig LC and my understanding is you don't want to go too much into CR because she'll over cap when she goes into her trance. Whats a good baseline CR for her? right now she's at 24% CR. I'm thinking 30% should be the target

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
I decided to swap from DEF rope to ERR rope for Aventurine because it guarantees he to ult every 3 actions using only normal attack.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Y'all interested in ZZZ?

No but I'll try it.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more likely to drop HSR to play ZZZ if I feel that all 3 Hoyo games take up too much of my time tbh

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017

Y'all interested in ZZZ?

I'm really enjoying the beta so yeah. I barely play Genshin nowadays so I think I can juggle HSR and ZZZ just fine.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Y'all interested in ZZZ?

Yep, got into the last beta and really enjoyed it. Most of my gripes got fixed or made slightly better in the latest beta.

I'll definitely give it a shot.

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
So i'm definitely rolling on robin and gonna roll on topaz rerun if its with robin. Plan is to build a follow up team for funs. My real question is should I invest resources into my ratio or hold them for jade who I also plan to roll on? i assume jade/topaz should be a good pair. In the meantime if I don't build ratio up I'll just run clara in the team since I already have her leveled and mostly built.

So i'm definitely rolling on robin and gonna roll on topaz rerun if its with robin. Plan is to build a follow up team for funs. My real question is should I invest resources into my ratio or hold them for jade who I also plan to roll on? i assume jade/topaz should be a good pair. In the meantime if I don't build ratio up I'll just run clara in the team since I already have her leveled and mostly built.
This is a good plan but Ratio is actually easy to build to have it at hand.