• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I maxed out Yanqing's traces yesterday. Gonna spend time grinding relics to buff him up even more. Glad Aventurine makes him more usable.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
So i'm definitely rolling on robin and gonna roll on topaz rerun if its with robin. Plan is to build a follow up team for funs. My real question is should I invest resources into my ratio or hold them for jade who I also plan to roll on? i assume jade/topaz should be a good pair. In the meantime if I don't build ratio up I'll just run clara in the team since I already have her leveled and mostly built.
Right now we're pretty much waiting on the beta to see who Jade is good with. The leaked kit can go either way. She may be good paired with Topaz in an MoC-type environment, but she may be so PF-oriented that she needs an AOE partner instead. She's definitely designed to get more out of an AOE partner than a single-target one.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm on Harmony Calyx farming for Bronya/Tingyun but 3x tomorrow I'm gonna switch to just relics even after the 3x usage per day is done.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With the ZZZ chat I gotta admit it's definitely the least appealing of the 3 to me. I do like a few character designs, but I'll wait until it's out and see what I think. In all honesty though it may be too much gacha, and even just games in general. I'm still active on Dokkan, Genshin is pulling me back in since Fontaine, HSR has me hooked. Then for non gacha I'm gonna be active on FFXIV again come summer, Helldivers is the irl friend group game in rotation and I'm chipping away at the latest Yakuza. Juggling it all is already a challenge without adding ZZZ.

Back on the HSR topic though, is it just me or do we get a kinda low amount of fuel? I was levelling my latest pull on Genshin and noticed I have a pretty decent amount of resin sitting around. It might just be that I'm more active in this game but any new fuel is gone the second it arrives. It's only really the Hoyo games where I've found this to be an issue too. Any other gachas I've played I typically have hundreds of energy refills banked, far more than I'd ever need

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
With the ZZZ chat I gotta admit it's definitely the least appealing of the 3 to me. I do like a few character designs, but I'll wait until it's out and see what I think. In all honesty though it may be too much gacha, and even just games in general. I'm still active on Dokkan, Genshin is pulling me back in since Fontaine, HSR has me hooked. Then for non gacha I'm gonna be active on FFXIV again come summer, Helldivers is the irl friend group game in rotation and I'm chipping away at the latest Yakuza. Juggling it all is already a challenge without adding ZZZ.

Back on the HSR topic though, is it just me or do we get a kinda low amount of fuel? I was levelling my latest pull on Genshin and noticed I have a pretty decent amount of resin sitting around. It might just be that I'm more active in this game but any new fuel is gone the second it arrives. It's only really the Hoyo games where I've found this to be an issue too. Any other gachas I've played I typically have hundreds of energy refills banked, far more than I'd ever need
It's so much easier to burn stamina/fuel in this game imo. Always running low.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Guess it isn't just me then. Yeah any fuel I get is immediately fed to the relic gods. Usually without a single one worth keeping lol. Won't stop me going back for more though
If you had to choose 1 for a FUA team, would you pull for Topaz or Robin?
Personally Topaz because I like Numby. If you're pulling just one copy and no LC though I'd guess the smarter choice is Robin. Topaz at E0 and no cone isn't really all that great

Anumariku

Jan 8, 2020

While you obviously don't HAVE to, E1S1 Topaz nearly feels like a requirement to me. If you get her there, shes amazing for FUA teams. But before then, she's honestly kinda meh, even though she's one of my favorite designs.

Robin at E0S0 would still be a great option regardless if you go for E's or sig LC.

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the responses, I'd pull for Topaz if I had more resources but Robin sounds like the smarter choice here. I might end up trying for E0S0 Topaz if my Robin pulls come very early.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
kinda off-topic, but I'm curious.

Y'all interested in ZZZ?

Haven't had a chance to play it, but I think ZZZ will be huge in terms of popularity. It has a very appealing urban art style, gameplay genre and soundtrack.

3d9d2f2f901b4d31ffa009a48e7eb828e47aac22.gifv

It's going to be very popular in the Summer, and will take a lot of attention from HSR for awhile IMO.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Fuel is stupidly easy to burn in this game just by autoing it all away lol.

I had to check myself to leave some of it for future relic farming.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
kinda off-topic, but I'm curious.

Y'all interested in ZZZ?

As someone who started gacha journey purgatory with Genshin, I very easily got sucked into Star Rail as well, but I'm not really feeling ZZZ, like AT ALL, to the point where I didn't even apply for testing. How's it lookin' for you?

Im hyped for it. I like roguelikes and I liked Honkai Impact quite a bit. This looks kinda like its successor in some ways.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Acheron provides a massive QoL boost that nobody talks about: The fact that she doesn't use technique points when you accidentally press the tech button. I'm clumsy with the controls on mobile so this happens all the time lol.

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
Y'all interested in ZZZ?

At this point, no. So far, I only like the pink girl and the cyborg guy designs. Also, I just can't see myself playing 3 Mihoyo games. HSR is great for daily play and I usually play Genshin weekly outside of patch releases and I feel ZZZ is definitely going to require more time than HSR. The only "big" gacha game I'm willing to add to Genshin/HSR is Arknights Endfield if it's actually good.

I still want to have enough time for JRPGs/Souls games etc.

But I do like that ZZZ main characters are not self-inserts like the Traveler/Trailblazer.

Topaz. You can use Ruan Mei instead of Robin. She also has my favorite design in the game with Fu Xuan.

Last edited:

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Acheron provides a massive QoL boost that nobody talks about: The fact that she doesn't use technique points when you accidentally press the tech button. I'm clumsy with the controls on mobile so this happens all the time lol.

Should be like that for all characters.

Stupid auto aim for techniques will target a vase over an opponent and you lose points.

I'll probably go Robin if E0 Topaz is meh.

Boothill seems niche.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
I'll probably wait and see for ZZZ if it's like HSR where you can do the daily grind in 20 or so minutes I'll play it, if it's another time consuming game like Genshin I won't.

Also depends on how WuWa turns out. Too many gacha to play and I'd to keep it at 3 at most.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably wait and see for ZZZ if it's like HSR where you can do the daily grind in 20 or so minutes I'll play it, if it's another time consuming game like Genshin I won't.

Also depends on how WuWa turns out. Too many gacha to play and I'd to keep it at 3 at most.
If I recall from CBT2, auto battle isn't a thing, so it'll take longer than HSR to grind stuff. Not as long as Genshin though since it's not open world and it doesn't have unnecessary cooldowns on bosses.

Nixius

Feb 20, 2024
Finally got Aventurine and he's perfect for Acheron, now I just need a second 5 star sustain unit for Jing Yuan.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Got so many notifications from here I legit thought I was getting cancelled over some (no doubt objectively correct) comment lmao.

Cheers for y'alls thoughts, seems like not everyone is keen on ZZZ, but most are. Honestly I'm not sure why I ain't feeling it, the game oozes quality and style, ost seems banging, I just don't have that itch for it for whatever reason. Maybe once it actually lands on PSN I'll just go "ehh at least I'll try" and get sucked into another gacha spiral, but we'll see.

Also TIL there's Persona 5 Gacha, and holy shit it looks great, I'd love a PS5 port with EN subs.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Got so many notifications from here I legit thought I was getting cancelled over some (no doubt objectively correct) comment lmao.

Cheers for y'alls thoughts, seems like not everyone is keen on ZZZ, but most are. Honestly I'm not sure why I ain't feeling it, the game oozes quality and style, ost seems banging, I just don't have that itch for it for whatever reason. Maybe once it actually lands on PSN I'll just go "ehh at least I'll try" and get sucked into another gacha spiral, but we'll see.

Also TIL there's Persona 5 Gacha, and holy shit it looks great, I'd love a PS5 port with EN subs.

It plays great too. You can tell they were really inspired by HSR, which is funny when you think about it.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Excited for the new trailer tomorrow. Never really care about the livestreams themselves but always like the teasers ahead of the patch.

It's time for the team to deliver on all this mystery and intrigue now. Hope they can pull it off.

It was the combat theme on the Express during Argenti's companion quest. One of the best themes in the game to get so little playtime.

It's funny because I remember loving the music during that quest then I just totally forgot about it. lol

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No way in hell I'm watching the live stream or the trailer tomorrow. It's the climax of the story, and if it's anything like their 2.1 trailer, they're going to spoil the hell out of everything.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
I'll probably give ZZZ a try, but don't expect I'll stick with it. And between ZZZ and Wuthering Waves, I'd say I'm more interested in Wuthering Waves.

The Genshin action grind burns me out, and I don't see why ZZZ would be any different. And if anything it might be worse, since my understanding is that you basically have to run action SU multiple times every day?

Auto-battle is why I've been able to stick with HSR for so long, and why it's the gacha for me.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in the ZZZ ps5 beta and I find it a lot of fun to play but the number of F bombs in the first ten minutes of the game was kinda jarring. Not sure if I'll stick with it but it's better than I would have thought before playing it. Would actually be f2p (or maybe just welkin bp equivalent) if I did though cause I can't afford to whale every mihoyo game

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
All I want to know is what they are planning on doing with the Annihilation Gang, everything else I'm fine with being surprised by

And a good 50% of the reason I never stick with Genshin is because not being able to auto dailies in a gacha is actual suffering. Only one I can kinda sorta stomache is FGO and that's still turn based/has stuff like Bluestacks

Apr 24, 2024
I might try ZZZ but I don't think I have the endurance to keep up with 3 gachas. I tried with that Tower of Fantasy and well......it had a really good soundtrack. I'm sure ZZZ will be of better quality but even then, my interest is not particularly high. GI and HSR already eat enough time away from regular games.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
same for me really. i might try zzz but i think my limit for gachas is two.

so star rail and genshin right now for me.

also rather not give hoyo money for three of their games lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that we're nearing the end of the leaked characters from a while back worries me. I don't really know what to expect beyond that which is exciting...but also worrying. It makes it all the more difficult to know who to pull for.

At least we'll get the 2.5 leaks when Firefly releases. As much as I want her, if Jiaoqui is in 2.4 (which is likely) I might have to hold back. I'll see what my stellar jade situation looks like at the time, I guess.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
if sunday isn't in 2.4 time to make peace that he isnt playable, just cant imagine they would hold him back past that.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
if sunday isn't in 2.4 time to make peace that he isnt playable, just cant imagine they would hold him back past that.

Since 2.3 is the Penacony epilogue, I fully expect 2.4 to either be a continuance (i.e. 5-star Sampo on Belobog) or the first part of the Yaoqing.

Might still be possible to Sunday to show up in a Penacony Continuance towards the end of 2.x, like Huohuo.

...If he doesn't get Cocolia'd in 2.2.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Well I finished the Penacony story. Even after getting "spoiled" by the Firefly banner announcement midway through, was not expecting her to literally be in the armor. I figured she was alive but thought there'd be some Clara/Svarog like thing going on.

The amount of focus Aventurine got was also pretty cool; thought it'd be to shift the main antagonist role to Sunday but what they did was probably better. I don't normally like "always calculating 10 moves ahead and sees every 'failure' coming" characters but I think they handled him well, especially since his "wins" typically came at a pretty heavy cost to himself.