• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
EvdoVaH.jpeg

I... I might pull for her light cone when her rerun comes around, I need that 10k hp

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Almost finished with swarm disaster. Just need to finish one of the easiest paths (rememberance) and get the hidden paths.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Took Acheron/Erudition out for a spin in gold and gears Difficulty 5 just to finish up the last dice set I'd never used (the knowledge-tile-boost one ) - the last two enemies being the two robots got scary with their speedy slew of attacks, including when they got off a team combo attack (Fu Xuan died, but thankfully had the erudition buff to bring her back once), But Acheron, even without a Crazy good blessing setup, was hitting 2mil + consistently by the end, lol.

Having to dodge any/all energy regen blessings is a...weird feeling for SU, though, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Even 1 gacha game is too fucking much, I want to check out ZZZ but I don't think I can play more than one and so far I'm surprised about how much I like Star Rail... I don't think it's perfect at all, maybe an 8/10 but so far it's pretty decent and I will continue for a while.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
im really not qualified to say but aventurine is easily the most effective unit of any role at his role and even slightly other roles on my account period... but i only have like 4 5 stars.

disclosure- im tb 47 and have never played fx lol

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Also that. The fua trigger is such a dopamine hit. Especially if you get fua trigger into ult into fua trigger.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
what did you want from the survey

At this point, aside from the 'more content. especially in the back half of a patch' drum banging, the big two things I'd like are:

1)To slow down character releases (And relatedly, slow down the health/difficulty creeep in MoC and PF) and/or have a rerun only path stuck in the middle somewhere(s)
2) Improve relic grind - either make the 2x baseline, or give a new self-modeling resin feature to reroll substats, alter substats, etc.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
my reaction coming from genshin was wow the artifact grind is gonna be so much easier here with the remodeling resin. but now i understand the impact of non free fifth slot and the increase a sixth slot/second set is going to bring and kind of dreading hitting endgame.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
4 piece bonuses are not as "strong" as those in Genshin, which have some very significant effects (VV, GT, MM, etc). Here, it's mostly stat boosts, and typically a 2-piece mixed set with good substats more than alleviates not having the 4 piece set.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say it depends a bit on what "#1 sustain" means to you. People will often criticize Luocha for having too much healing. He heals and that's all he does (yes he cleanses and purges, but the cleanse is sporadic and single-target and the purge is not very useful vs current enemies). People typically say Huohuo and Fu Xuan are better because they keep your team alive while also buffing in a variety of ways. Huohuo in particular does much less healing but provides way more utility, and as long as you're not dying that's going to be preferable.

My impression is that Aventurine is comparable to Luocha in that your team will simply never die, including in SU because of shields, but while he offers more utility than Luocha while also being pretty SP-positive he still has less utility than Fu Xuan and especially Huohuo. His damage is generally not a major factor. In a FUA team he's the best because he pops so much more often (and especially with Topaz he has additional synergy). With Acheron he's a little bit better than he otherwise is because of the debuff on his ult. But this is mostly pieced together from how people talk about them and looking at their kits since of those I only own Luocha.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
For me #1 means I'm using that character in my main team at least 95% of the time and that I find them really fun to use. If you had Aventurine, FX, Luocha and Huohuo, who would you end up using the most often?I would pick Aventurine because with him you will not die and his kit is more fun to use than the other sustains (imo).

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno what set I should farm for the triple relics. Seems to be the speed set or diver set.

With the follow up characters coming I dunno if the debuff or follow up set is better.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Firefly is expected to want to use the new Break set, right? If so, I might just keep farming the new relic dungeon in the hopes of that, as well as potential new pieces for Acheron.

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
I dunno what set I should farm for the triple relics. Seems to be the speed set or diver set.

With the follow up characters coming I dunno if the debuff or follow up set is better.

Hackerspace is pretty evergreen and it's 4 piece is bis on most supports and it's 2 piece is bis on most healers as well as being super useful on characters in general.

The set paired with its 2 piece is also quite a good bonus for healers who heal based on their own health pool and in a pinch is decent for characters that being less squishy is more important than ran numbers(pela for example)

It is a really good pair to farm if you don't have a specific set in mind you are desperately in need of.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Forget about MoC or Gold & Gears, that stupid Fast & Furynuts minigame is the hardest content in the game.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
I've really been struggling on what to use triple relics on, I have a bunch of characters that need fine tuning, but I also wanna build Herta, ruan mei, little gui

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Despite the relic system clearly being worse than Genshin's I have way more characters I'd consider reasonably well geared in this game. The grind is much much more noticeable in Genshin. I hear they moved the dash fest to get to the domain battle but oh man I feel like I noticeably aged grinding the Emblem domain and for fuck all. I'm sure I've grinded more in Star Rail but it's not like I noticed.

Grinding planar sets sucks but at least we'll be able to do that in a reasonable fashion in 2.3. Might just dedicate my fuel to upgrading my Salsatto since it feels like so many characters can use it now.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Despite the relic system clearly being worse than Genshin's I have way more characters I'd consider reasonably well geared in this game. The grind is much much more noticeable in Genshin. I hear they moved the dash fest to get to the domain battle but oh man I feel like I noticeably aged grinding the Emblem domain and for fuck all. I'm sure I've grinded more in Star Rail but it's not like I noticed.

Grinding planar sets sucks but at least we'll be able to do that in a reasonable fashion in 2.3. Might just dedicate my fuel to upgrading my Salsatto since it feels like so many characters can use it now.
I wish I could agree. I've been grinding relics non stop and its mostly been trash

Is it?

So far I find nothing tops Genshin's rage inducing artifact system.

it is objectively worse. The game doesn't allow for off pieces which makes a huge difference in trying to get decent full set pieces. And it has a second set bonus you need to worry about with planar ornaments that are even more annoying to farm for

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For me #1 means I'm using that character in my main team at least 95% of the time and that I find them really fun to use. If you had Aventurine, FX, Luocha and Huohuo, who would you end up using the most often?I would pick Aventurine because with him you will not die and his kit is more fun to use than the other sustains (imo).
I think intended partners also is a pretty big factor along with where you'll be using them. Aventurine seems most useful in the very late game challenges with his survival, but also great for Acheron and fua. If I'm running Jingliu though I'd take HuoHuo as the energy boost will be appreciated, especially in PF where surviving is secondary. If I'm running mono quantum and going single target then Fu is going to be the better fit, when I finally have her at least. Luocha I've not really used at all to say but I'm sure he has his uses.

They're all pretty decent in their own niche. The only knock I'd give is to HuoHuo who's missing a pretty useful bit of her kit without her LC, where Aventurine and Fu seem to have good free options and while their LC's are good, you're not missing out on as much as HuoHuo's brings.

it is objectively worse. The game doesn't allow for off pieces which makes a huge difference in trying to get decent full set pieces. And it has a second set bonus you need to worry about with planar ornaments that are even more annoying to farm for

I honestly find Genshins worse. Maybe my luck is just better here, but I just did about 40 runs in the new artefact domain for Arle and didn't get a single useful bit, let alone a good or great one.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly find Genshins worse. Maybe my luck is just better here, but I just did about 40 runs in the new artefact domain for Arle and didn't get a single useful bit, let alone a good or great one.

I mean that's just entirely RNG. Nothing about the RNG system in HSR and Genshin for mainstat/substat rolls are any better or worse. They are basically the exact same system. The systems around it though are definitely worse. Less flexibility means relying more on that RNG to break even

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
My current team is Acheron/Aventurine/Pela/Guina and it's been pretty great , I still have the Gepard LC on Aventurine since you don't really need the other LC that's good with Acheron (forgot the name).

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Yeah that sucks but ill take star rails auto battle any day even if it means i cant have off pieces. Hate farming genshin domains.

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
I'll use the triple relics bonus to get a 4 physical set for my new Clara tomorrow and then just use it everyday in the FUA/DoT domain for Robin and hoping for a better SPD boots and CRIT DMG Chest for Topaz.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to wake up to all of the 2.2 news. I am debating whether I should/shouldn't watch the PV, though. They spoiled me quite a bit with the last one so I'm not sure if I want to take the risk or not.

Of course I'm sure the excitement will get to me and I will, but I probably shouldn't.

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
I've spent the past few days farming relics for my Guin and upcoming topaz. I swear the system intentionally trolls. Constant crit stats on the dot set and rarely crit stats on the follow-up set.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
LC banner was at 57 and the 10 pulls wasn't enough. Even did another 2 singles. Guess I'll have to wait until the stream jades