• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Fu Xuan was a character I was going to get 100% but I feel like it's a bit of waste when I already have Aventurine, likewise even though she's better in a Kafka team since I pulled Luocha I'll skip HuoHuo when she gets rerun as well.

100% pulling Sam and LC if needed... after that will probably focus on LC for Kafka and either E1 or S1 for Ruan Mei.

Was going to skip Robin, saw her ult song and decided I need that but Sam's drip marketing put me back on the right track.

At E0S0, she feels like a waste of a team slot, Pela with Pearls gives almost the same amount of dps increase and is not limited to follow-ups only. She becomes essential at E1S1.

Oof, wanted Topaz but noway can I justify an E1 and S1 for what would be a 4th or 5th most used team.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
I have zero harmony units. Robin would be my first.

What does the fourth slot in a ratio/robin/aventurine team look like without topaz hypothetically?

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
I'm going into this patch with no idea who I want to pull for, if anyone. I have already pre-farmed Fu Xuan (except her relics), but then I ended up getting Aventurine instead, making her feel like a bit of a waste. I would love to have Topaz, but not enough to spend tickets enough to get her to E1S1. Boothill is a no-go, and I still can't quite figure out what Robin's whole deal is and if she'll even synergize with any of my characters.

I might just end up skipping everyone in this patch to save up for the more appealing characters in 2.3.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020

What does the fourth slot in a ratio/robin/aventurine team look like without topaz hypothetically?
If you have a high superimposition Resolution, Pela.
If you do not have a high superimposition Resolution, but you have S5 Tutorial or E2S1 Silver Wolf, then Silver Wolf.
If you have neither, then Guinaifen or Sparkle.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm could be good but Pela and Guinafen are permanently affixed to my acheron starter team at the moment so no go in 2 party content and I don't have a tingyun yet. Hopefully I'll luck out and get a copy on the next banner I roll on. (No sparkle either hence the robin being my first harmony post)

I take it running something like herta there alongside ratio to cover his aoe weakness isn't actually synergistic/feasible skill point wise?

In terms of supports, I have yukong and currently attempting to run hanya till I get robin and/or topaz. Also the rest of the freebies.

For context, I started less than a month ago. I don't think silver wolf has been run.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Robin actually dropping an album?! The bravery and strength it takes to do this during all the chaos plaguing Penacony, in the midst of her rumored murder, and right on the heels of The Tortured Poets Department at that... A STAR!

taylor-swift-dance.gif

That voice at the end... "Brother... do you think... the stars will fade away?" I'm assuming that must be Robin's voice... I don't even remember what her speaking voice sounds like since she's only had about 2 lines at this point lol, but I didn't love that bit tbh. Hopefully it'll grow on me. At least I know I like her singing voice~

Also I'm not ready for whatever emotional sibling moment might occur to make her say that line... ;_;

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017

SW is the best stand in iirc if you are wanting to maximize Ratio FUAs but Guin and Pela should work too. LC debuffs count too so having Aventurine LC ect will matter too

Meia

Oct 26, 2017

This is great, and is now my immediate wallpaper. :D

Now at 42 pity on aventurine's banner, so now it's time to scramble and do all of the content I hadn't done up to this point(PF/MoC/etc). With the two other events of the patch and a ton of other stuff, should easily get up to pity on this banner. Going to be no-lifing HSR I guess for the next couple of weeks trying to drain every jade I can. Aventurine, Robin, a copy of Topaz and her light cone, then Firefly 2.3.

Can....can you stop giving me characters I want to pull for after that? 2.0 so far has been brutal as hell with my favorite teams being DoT and follow up(rerolled account at first until I started with Clara).

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Ran 5 6x Crimson Calyx using some of the fuel to help catch some units up.....

The first run had 3 purples, the next 4 had.....zero purples.

In 24 runs......if there's a ~15% chance for a purple in a max difficulty run, that's....basically a 2% chance of this happening.

Bleargh - farming in gachas is admittedly terrible for a reason, but stuff like this just makes it feel way worse.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Should I be setting aside enough fuel to do three relic runs a day during the event even though I'm tb 47 and mostly getting non 5 star relics I wont be able to use at endgame?

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
If you like FuA teams and easy Pure Fiction clears, Jade seems like a no-brainer + she's got a serpent..

GL5x2qpXwAAK-0i

Last edited:

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do you get the same amount of xp from using relics to level other relics or more if you turn them into xp materials?

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I know these 2x/3x drop events are really just extra fuel disguised as an event, but I was not expecting 3 3x drops per day for 7 days. That's the equivalent of 28 fuel if you actually have Caverns you want to run.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I assume the stream and anniversary goodies are dealt out and done? Those hoping for a 5* select likely didn't get what they hoped for I assume? I figure this thread would be up 20 pages if so lol

Light Valyis

Apr 19, 2024
I'm brand new to the game, only had a bit of experience with Genshin before. I've just managed to get Bronya and Bailu from standard + free Ratio. I have got Sparkle at E1 and Acheron at E1, no Aventurine yet. Would I be correct in assuming it usually makes more sense to pull on the new banner over a rerun?

Also, if some kind folk wouldn't mind clicking on my link I shared my Trailblaze Blessings with you! Click on the link to view your Star Rail Anniversary Data Report, and claim rewards such as Stellar jades and Fuels!

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I'm brand new to the game, only had a bit of experience with Genshin before. I've just managed to get Bronya and Bailu from standard + free Ratio. I have got Sparkle at E1 and Acheron at E1, no Aventurine yet. Would I be correct in assuming it usually makes more sense to pull on the new banner over a rerun?

Also, if some kind folk wouldn't mind clicking on my link I shared my Trailblaze Blessings with you! Click on the link to view your Star Rail Anniversary Data Report, and claim rewards such as Stellar jades and Fuels!
Not always but it is typically a safe bet.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

I'd say it depends on what kind of character you're missing and what the character is.

Light Valyis

Apr 19, 2024
I'd say it depends on what kind of character you're missing and what the character is.
I'm missing almost everything, as for 4 stars I have Herta, Qingque and Gallagher at E6, Lynx and Pela at E2, Guinafen at E3 and that's most of my decent characters.

In this situation would Jingliu benefit me more for example?

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
101 wishes so far. Topaz and Numby rerun at the same time as Robin confirmed too, how tragic. I will spare a ten roll each in their honor.
thanks

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I'm missing almost everything, as for 4 stars I have Herta, Qingque and Gallagher at E6, Lynx and Pela at E2, Guinafen at E3 and that's most of my decent characters.

Jinglui is REALLY good but there's several great DPS in the game so you don't necessarily need her specifically. For example Herta will do work on PF and Qingque will do work in MoC, especially since you have Sparkle and Bronya. You might actually want to look at banners that have good 4*s you want in addition to the 5*, like finishing your Pela/Lynx, getting some copies of Tingyun or Asta, and so on.

That being said, Aventurine is a top tier preservation sustain and so is FX and they would do well solo sustaining in most setups so either would be a great addition. And of course if you have a particular 5* character you like design wise or whatever that's important too (4*s will come your way sooner or later even not on rate up)

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Huh.....I didn't realize Yukong hasn't been on any of the last....13 banners?

That's kinda fucking wild - I can't imagine why that is, unless Hoyo realized how clunky her kit is, especially non-E6, and is trying to keep her out of the way?

Seems kinda tinfoil-hat-esque, but I dunno any other reason, aside from them continually releasing new 5* Harmony units too close to each other to sneak another one in there.

Light Valyis

Apr 19, 2024
Jinglui is REALLY good but there's several great DPS in the game so you don't necessarily need her specifically. For example Herta will do work on PF and Qingque will do work in MoC, especially since you have Sparkle and Bronya. You might actually want to look at banners that have good 4*s you want in addition to the 5*, like finishing your Pela/Lynx, getting some copies of Tingyun or Asta, and so on.

That being said, Aventurine is a top tier preservation sustain and so is FX and they would do well solo sustaining in most setups so either would be a great addition. And of course if you have a particular 5* character you like design wise or whatever that's important too (4*s will come your way sooner or later even not on rate up)
Okay yeah, think I'll go for her instead then.
Forgot I actually have Tingyun at E4 but stopped leveling her once I had both Sparkle and Bronya, is that a mistake?

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017

A second (edit: third, you have Ratio) strong DPS for a second team is great, but DPS characters are a dime a dozen in this game. There's one in every patch, often two. Great sustains like Aventurine or FX are much rarer, personally I'd get a limited sustain first. Gallagher is good but you'd still need another sustain for a second team. You can try out Jingliu and see if you like her. She's very strong and works well with Bronya, but her gameplay can get boring quickly.

Last edited:

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC

J-Shy

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Looking at the banners, the Boothill/Fu Xuan LC banner seems quite good yeah? Geniuses' Repose is the best 4 star Erudition LC in PF, A Secret Vow is the best 4 star Destruction LC, and Landau's Choice is the best 4 star Preservation LC correct? I may throw some rolls on it to try and nab some copies of them.